Lt. Commander
My point has been made.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenorn
My point has been made.

you think their money hogs? please go play world of ******** and see how they charge 25 dollars for most of their game transactions to do anything with your chracters thank you that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
My point has been made.
The whole point of creating STO was to 'make money'. Did you think anyone would commit to all the work and effort for 'Free'???
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2010, 02:22 PM
still cant get the exclusive gun from target this point is stupid
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Cryptic is a business.

Businesses exist to make money.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
you think their money hogs? please go play world of ******** and see how they charge 25 dollars for most of their game transactions to do anything with your chracters thank you that is all.
@Kronoso: Right, right. It's not like those are things you could've prevented yourself if you wanted to, right? Name change, faction change, race change. Yeah, it's not like YOU could've chosen the other race.

@Grouchy.Otaku: I'm sorry, but I didn't fork up $60 (Many people paid much much more), and continue to pay $15 a month for them to release TONS of content that I need to pay even MORE for.

MMO's have 2 general categories.

- Free to play, with the option to purchase many things for money.
- Paid subscription, with few/no paid DLC.

Cryptic seems to have combined those, paying monthly AND for content. They've made it completely clear they're in this for nothing but the money. They released the game unfinished (Clearly) and with DLC ON LAUNCH DAY. That means they intentionally left things out of the game so they could get money for them after we've already paid for the game. They then proceed to release more Paid DLC than ANY OTHER PAID MMO within the first 5 months. INCLUDING The pre-order/limited/deluxe/special edition items that people paid FAR MORE MONEY FOR BEFORE-HAND.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
@Kronoso: Right, right. It's not like those are things you could've prevented yourself if you wanted to, right? Name change, faction change, race change. Yeah, it's not like YOU could've chosen the other race.

@Grouchy.Otaku: I'm sorry, but I didn't fork up $60 (Many people paid much much more), and continue to pay $15 a month for them to release TONS of content that I need to pay even MORE for.

Cryptic seems to have combined those, paying monthly AND for content. They've made it completely clear they're in this for nothing but the money. They released the game unfinished (Clearly) and with DLC ON LAUNCH DAY. That means they intentionally left things out of the game so they could get money for them after we've already paid for the game. They then proceed to release more Paid DLC than ANY OTHER PAID MMO within the first 5 months. INCLUDING The pre-order/limited/deluxe/special edition items that people paid FAR MORE MONEY FOR BEFORE-HAND.

Edit: @ThomasGideon: I understand that, my point is that Cryptic is screwing everyone over in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:

Cryptic seems to have combined those, paying monthly AND for content.
Sometimes games and game standards evolve.

I mean, there was a time when MMORPGs didn't quite exist, but MUDs did.

And in any event ... the thing many people are never going to face up to is ... in all of those old MMORPGs, like Everquest and World of ******** ... you could purchase in-game items for real cash.

Just not from the company. From third party sellers.

It is a HUGE business. That has been booming for years.

Ni hao my friends! NI HAO!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
So, you're saying that Cryptic are a business focussed on profit making. Touché! point well made.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm just a little miffed with the fact a lot of pre order items are now being sold on the C Store. But at the same token we guessed this would happen way back at launch. I just wished I didn't go out and buy a CE edition to go with my Digi Deluxe just for the damn Enterprise now. Ahh well I guess I learned my lesson - don't re buy a game for it's exclusives lol.
Closed Thread