Lt. Commander
# 21
06-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frak View Post
It isn't MMO players specifically that have a sense of entitlement. It's Americans in general.
i seen quiet a few Europeans complaining also.....just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX426 View Post
OK?!

Exclusive:

1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group
2 a : excluding others from participation b : snobbishly aloof
3 a : accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class) b : stylish, fashionable c : restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense
Good job! Now, please underline the definition that includes the words "for all time," "forever," or a synonym.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, from what the OP said, he won't mind if I and the other pedestrians here show up at the "captains table", just like some who join exclusive country clubs won't mind if homeless panhandlers want in.
The Captains Table is already slated to be opened up to everyone under the veterans reward program (look it up). Frankly, I think that's great because I hardly ever see anyone using the place.

The only "exclusive club" ingame is you personal bridge (and fleet housing when It hits).
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-16-2010, 10:12 AM
We prepaid for these items and they are post paying for the items thru the C-Store, so everyone is still putting up the cash for bling items.

So why does it matter if they have them or not. GIve everyone access to the Captains table, it's not like anyone goes there anyways.

You guys are mad that some else in the game can now use the same unless items that you can. Ok why? "Well I prepaid" ok they postpaid whats your point.

If you can give me a good reason why their money is not as good as your money, I'll side with you.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
It isn't MMO players specifically that have a sense of entitlement. It's Americans in general.
Yep. Some also feel entitled to everything and blame everyone but themselves for their own mistakes or poor judgment. It's sad really.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blue
Good job! Now, please underline the definition that includes the words "for all time," "forever," or a synonym.
I highlighted what I felt applied to this situation. Read it again if you're having trouble. It doesn't say "for all time", but it doesn't say "temporarily" either.

This has nothing to do with being American, it has to do with shady schemes and poor business practices. This effects me less than most people complaining, I simply ordered the Digital Deluxe version, so most of my "incentives" are crap to begin with, but it really does speak volumes of Cryptic as a company. <-- THAT is what bothers me.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Not Alone
06-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok

Second: I came up playing UO in 97. I suppose perhaps I might come from a different generation of MMO players. When I say this I dont mean age. Some of you are 40 and started playing MMO's with WoW or EQ. Both of which came out after UO.

Dismissed!

Solok, Rear Admiral
USS DAEDALUS
Commanding Officer
Nice another Ultima Online/UO player/old fart/grumpy old man.

Nice to know I'm not alone.

Look at our guilds old Retro site. Been up ever since Diablo and UO.

Holy Order of Dragons/HOD - Old Retro Site - Anno 1997

It has an UO section. Just can't access that old web-hotel and change typos like 1987 (should read 1997 of course).

Oh and about the C-Store soap/drama, I agree.

Now for the rest of You "Get off my lawn".
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
In my experiences abroad I've found that a sense of entitlement extends to a great deal of europe, in addition to america.