Lt. Commander
# 1 Alternate future uniforms
06-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Right, I campaigned a while ago to get the alternative future uniforms put in game and I was partly successful because the alternate badge is now in game.

I was wondering though after look here right at the bottom there are two types of uniforms both seem to suggest they are used at the same time, these being the Starfleet uniform and duty uniform.

What I want to know is whether my assumption that both these uniforms were used during the same time is correct? But also why are they if I am correct?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I would say that they both were being used at the same time. It has precedent. During the late 2370's starfleet was using both the TNG uniform and the VOY uniform as is demonstrated in ST: Generations. As to why that is, I haven't the foggiest. Uniforms should be uniform. That's something in Star Trek thathas always frustrated me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Would be a good addion, i can't see why not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Going to say what I say whenever someone complains about unifoms.

DRESS UNIFORM OR I GET MAD.

KAI THANX BAI
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post

KAI THANX BAI
Whose complaining? ^^
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post

KAI THANX BAI
TNG movie dress uniforms (dinner dress whites, specifically) are coming as a Federation Diplomatic Corps reward.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
TNG movie dress uniforms (dinner dress whites, specifically) are coming as a Federation Diplomatic Corps reward.
And the newer dress uniforms, now that I read the Dev Post in the Show your Crew thread, are coming for Admirals in Season 2
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_Roberts
I would say that they both were being used at the same time. It has precedent. During the late 2370's starfleet was using both the TNG uniform and the VOY uniform as is demonstrated in ST: Generations. As to why that is, I haven't the foggiest. Uniforms should be uniform. That's something in Star Trek thathas always frustrated me.
As a point of information here. Would just like to say it (both uniforms being worn at the same time) is probably taken from real life military standards. There are many different versions of an acceptable military uniform. For instance. The Marine Corps has Class A uniforms, Class B unofrms, ECU's and Dress blues. The Navy has Dress White's, Class A's (black) and class B's (tan) and BDU's. Army for a time even had two different dress uniforms. The dress blues are the latest, but dress greens, its predecessor, was being used at the same time the dress blues were being phased into service.

It's no secret Nicholas Meyer was the one who came up with the idea of creating a more militaristic uniform. It's also not a far reach to assume that as Star trek has evolved throughout the years, so would the uniforms, and, as an extension of that, to evolve the amount of acceptable duty uniforms that can be worn. Also, remember several occasions in TNG when Picard would wear a regular uniform, and in another scene wear a gray top, with a suede over top (what can only really be described as a zip up sweater). At the same time, his pants were more reminiscent of TOS movies, where his pants would be tucked into his boots. He would wear this on the bridge many time throughout the series , which would suggest this to also be an example of an alternate acceptable duty uniform.