Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomacy Missions
06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I was just wondering: does anyone have a general idea what diplomacy missions will play like? I can't remember seeing a post describing anything in detail, just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
No one knows yet. Everyone hopes it will be amazing, its a greater likelyhood it will be similar to exploration missions.

All we really know at this point is that it won't be a card game (bonus if you get the reference) and that you'll be able to earn a special uniform and titles for doing them. There is a picture of the uniform on the latest Engineering Report.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 11:11 AM
this is my feeling as well. I figured perhaps I missed some sort of information tidbit that may have had some information. I feel like a valuable opportunity exists to be like Star Trek here. Nice thing about TOS and TNG is they always dealt with contemporary issues of sexism, drug use, and everything in between. I'm hoping they would use the whole Oil in the Gulf thing as a diplomatic mission between two countries polluting the same world or something else. I'm not a game designer in the least but it just seems like a missed opportunity for them right now.