Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
And voila! My old avatar is back!

Enjoy!


It's a cool avatar.

In regards to this thread ... feedback is feedback. I may not agree with your stance on the issue, but you are very much welcome to continue to ask Cryptic the questions you are asking. And maybe they'll respond. Maybe they'll even come up with some sort of olive branch to extend to the customers they made unhappy with this move.

The only way to find out is to keep pressing them for things.

The one danger is ... forum mods might start moving or combining or locking threads they feel are redundant.

That happens a lot around here. So just be prepared.

But overall ... if this feedback is something really important to you ... keep at it. I think, even with all of the emotional backlash to this or other past decisions they've made ... the company itself shows they are far more willing to listen to and react to their fans/customers desires.

I base this off of my experiences with other gaming companies. I think Cryptic, even when they make decisions that anger their players ... are more flexible and communicate more than ... say ... Blizzard or Sony.

So even if I disagree completely with your position ... I still wish you luck in giving your feedback and on your quest for some sort of recognition or olive branch or "compensation" for the frustration they caused you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Note:

The betrayal was the fact that they swore up and down that the Mirror Universe uniforms would remain exclusive to that deal. I don't care if you quote Terms and Conditions and I don't care if the only thread that can be found where this was said was by a dev that has since been dismissed. They said it. And now everyone and their grandmother is wearing my exclusive uniform. No more exclusive in that is there?

.

I'm going to be honest with you blackavaar. as a person who grew up around business. my parents have had a few small business. some of them approaching large business.

one thing you have to understand about business. if it is not said by the boss / owner of the business, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. why? well you see in this case, the dev was not the one in charge ( to my knowledge, now if it was zinc, jack, or one of the atari CEOs then you would have reason to say they betrayed you ) that dev was not in the know, because that dev is not the person making the decision. he was speaking when the should of not been speaking. the only person who could of said that, and it would be betrayal, would be Zinc, Jack, or as I said one of the Atari CEOs. why, because they are the ones who decide what happen not the normal devs.

in my opinion you were not betrayed, but you are a victim of an employee speaking out on stuff that he should not be speaking about.


also thank you for finishing your color guide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethain View Post
I think you have a problem with understanding.

Evaluating.

Cryptic Evaluated the feedback, what are the outcomes of the possible scenarios.

A. Don't sell "exclusive" items in the c-store.
1. People without bonuses complain in the forums.

B. Sell "exclusive" items in the c-store.
1. People who have bonuses before complain in the forums.
2. People without the bonuses pay money to cryptic.

OK, so using mathematics I will evaluate which of these options is better for cryptic, and really in the long run better for you (if you intend to continue playing the game for reasons other than to run around saying "nyuh nyuh nyuh look what I have and you don't" of course that is what MMOs are for some people)
Exactly! It's all about the money. The evaluation was not going to try to determine how this would hurt the company's image or upset their most dedicate fans, just how much money they stood to make.

And it's not about running around saying "nyah nyah" at people who didn't have the exclusives. I never did that. It's about having something that makes my characters unique. It's about having something that differentiates those of us who spent their time and money and dedicated themselves to the game long before it was even released from the transient masses who could give half a crap about any other game that their company has made in the past or planned for the future.

Now the only thing that shows dedication as far as this game is concerned is how many other people you can trick into their bear trap and how many wallets you can get open and credit card numbers you can accrue for them. But of course that too will change soon enough.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig-Wolf View Post
I too, believe Cryptic should have waited. The Threadanaught was up for less then a week when the changes to the C-Store went live. I really don't think several days is enough time for a decision of that magnitude.
The Threadnaught was already christened in beta. Imitators need not apply.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
All these threads make me kind of nostalgic for the week after launch. This is like salegate all over again. Ahhh those were the days. Forum PVP all hours. Complaints galore.

The next thing that should be happening is the ban hammer will probably visit us soon.


Stay tuned boys and girls.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Bah, each new issue gets its own Threadnaught. Yet, none has surpassed the original.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB

The next thing that should be happening is the ban hammer will probably visit us soon.

.
*hides* I don't like the ban hammer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
All these threads make me kind of nostalgic for the week after launch. This is like salegate all over again. Ahhh those were the days. Forum PVP all hours. Complaints galore.

The next thing that should be happening is the ban hammer will probably visit us soon.


Stay tuned boys and girls.
I'll be honest with you here. Despite my own personal feelings about the issue, this is nowhere near as crazy as salesgate was. I've never seen anything as out of control as that one.

Most of the objectors on this one are compartively civil. I'm fairly certain no one attempted to edit Cryptic's wikipedia entry or BBB rating over this. Well if they did, at least they were pretty quiet about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
one thing you have to understand about business. if it is not said by the boss / owner of the business, then it should be taken with a grain of salt. why? well you see in this case, the dev was not the one in charge ( to my knowledge, now if it was zinc, jack, or one of the atari CEOs then you would have reason to say they betrayed you ) that dev was not in the know, because that dev is not the person making the decision. he was speaking when the should of not been speaking. the only person who could of said that, and it would be betrayal, would be Zinc, Jack, or as I said one of the Atari CEOs. why, because they are the ones who decide what happen not the normal devs.
That is just an excuse. And you're dealing with business ethics here, which Cryptic seriously lacks. There's a reason why people like Zinc and Jack are "representing" Cryptic to the public. It is Cryptic's ethical obligation to correct slip-ups from their representatives. When the company won't back what is presented to the public, you better darn well believe that the public will be POed. If that doesn't happen, any sleazy two-bit company can hide behind the excuse that their representatives made a mistake that their customers will pay for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-16-2010, 01:30 PM
That is my point however.

Both outcomes leaves people complaining on the forums. And really this outcome has fewer, because right now all sorts of (ex)exclusivers are complaining, and they might be complaining in a month, in two months, in 6 months, but eventually, all will realize that no amount of complaining will put the cat back into the bag.

Reverse the situation.

People without exclusives will continue to increase as the % of the player base, and will still occasionally see people in TNG uniforms for instance, and say "Why is this iconic part of trek denied to me when it is already in the game." These complaints will continue forever.

So even though, yes its about the money, its not JUST about the money, even without factoring that in it makes sense to release the exclusives as it would be less complaints, and "new" content already developed.

So in the end, Less complaints, more money to develop. Really there was no other outcome, as soon as I saw the exclusives I KNEW they would be available, eventually, but I also knew that I wanted TNG now, and that of the pre-orders I chose amazon because the Borg BO seemed most likely to advance with my character.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 PM.