Lt. Commander
# 1 pvp que fix idea.
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
it just came to me, a simple way to fix the que system. why not wait to transfer us (the group of players going into a match) until the minimum per side has clicked engage?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 02:28 PM
So basically you want a pre-PvP area, maybe a halodeck with dancing orion women barely wearing clothes? Perhaps an area where we can headbutt each other before the match?

Why not just make better persistent PvP content so we don't have to do this queue crap anymore? I'd prefer Dev time went to that instead of putting a bandaid on the broken system.

When PvP becomes a strategic exercise with an objective, instead of this tactical 'king of the crack rock' queue based bullcrapola, the community and PvP activity itself will become significantly more interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM
I kinda liked my idea: you click on the "Engage!" button when the queue pop-up pops up... but you dont get transferred to the instance until there is an opposing player that has clicked "Engage!"... you both are added at the same time.
This happens already on team missions were you beam down to a planet. You dont get to go until everybody clicks "Beam Down" or time has elapsed.

With this method, the teams would always be even numbered as a player couldn't join unless the other team had a joining member as well.
This also has the benefit of not allowing one side to get on a map first, like a capture and hold.

This doesn't resolve AFKers or Runabouts which are separate issues entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
So basically you want a pre-PvP area, maybe a halodeck with dancing orion women barely wearing clothes? Perhaps an area where we can headbutt each other before the match?

Why not just make better persistent PvP content so we don't have to do this queue crap anymore? I'd prefer Dev time went to that instead of putting a bandaid on the broken system.

When PvP becomes a strategic exercise with an objective, instead of this tactical 'king of the crack rock' queue based bullcrapola, the community and PvP activity itself will become significantly more interesting.
great way to be an ass, who said anything about a pre area. all i said was that it doesnt take you from where you are until there are 2 filled teams. it seems a hell of a lot easyer to do then what your saying (not that i wouldnt want that but this seems like it could be done a lot sooner)

while i respect everyone having their own ideas, don't put your ideas as if i said them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that's an idea that doesn't quite solve the underlying problem of people not being around for the game when it starts. Right now you get 5 and 4 to queue up and wait for 10 minutes until it becomes 5 and 5. The game is ready but in those 10 minutes someone from the first team has gotten involved in something else either in game or away from it. Boom, uneven teams. That's basically the same thing as 9 people hitting engage, someone afks while waiting for a 10th and now you are transported into the match with 5 v 4 v cannon fodder.

I'm not saying I have a better idea, just that what you are suggesting doesn't quite address the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think that's an idea that doesn't quite solve the underlying problem of people not being around for the game when it starts. Right now you get 5 and 4 to queue up and wait for 10 minutes until it becomes 5 and 5. The game is ready but in those 10 minutes someone from the first team has gotten involved in something else either in game or away from it. Boom, uneven teams. That's basically the same thing as 9 people hitting engage, someone afks while waiting for a 10th and now you are transported into the match with 5 v 4 v cannon fodder.

I'm not saying I have a better idea, just that what you are suggesting doesn't quite address the issue.
ive thought of that, shorten the accpet time that way itll move on to the next one in line etc etc
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2010, 11:58 PM
yes first 30 seconds to respond.....

Also we need to form pvp groups. As is obvious, when you go against a pre-made pvp team vs your unorganized team that has one or two that dont show... its a ready made jamming!

Of course that wont fix the whole- no one comes to pvp anymore problem.

So I propose the fixes suggested. Make teams even, or even allow people to premake them before enter.

That or just make one big any rank any number pvp zone LOLOL. That way we can all have equally horrible unfair pvp
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingoncaptain
yes first 30 seconds to respond.....

Also we need to form pvp groups. As is obvious, when you go against a pre-made pvp team vs your unorganized team that has one or two that dont show... its a ready made jamming!

Of course that wont fix the whole- no one comes to pvp anymore problem.

So I propose the fixes suggested. Make teams even, or even allow people to premake them before enter.

That or just make one big any rank any number pvp zone LOLOL. That way we can all have equally horrible unfair pvp
but you an already be teamed with friends/fleet people and go into a match together.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
ive thought of that, shorten the accpet time that way itll move on to the next one in line etc etc
The big problem is that there are not enough people in the queues to do this. The match starts when there are just enough people in the queue to fill the match.

To ensure that there were enough people in the queue for a full team you would have to wait for extra people to join the queue. But then you would have to wait longer for the match to start. So for example if you want to prevent 2v5 (60% no show) matches happening you would have to wait for 12.5 (40% of 12.5 is 5) people to be in the queue.

So you would have to wait 2.5 times longer for each match to start.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-17-2010, 05:30 AM
what i would do to solve the issue temporarily would be: only 4 queues.
1 for ground
3 for space - 1 salvage - 1 arena - 1 this other game noone plays.
the reason is obvious. less queues, more ppl/q. maybe a checkbox to say fvf/kvk only...

and then implement ways as suggested here by matteo for example to keep the matchups even and fair, at least from that standpoint.