Lt. Commander
# 11
06-17-2010, 05:15 AM
One way for the matches to get even and fair is to stop quitting whenever things aren't going in your favor. Every time you leave, the next person who comes along (and yes, more people do show up most times) is automatically screwed and that's not the games fault, it's the players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
One way for the matches to get even and fair is to stop quitting whenever things aren't going in your favor. Every time you leave, the next person who comes along (and yes, more people do show up most times) is automatically screwed and that's not the games fault, it's the players.
just donīt join any game, only new game. and if your so ****ed by the people in pugs, get at group or at least 1-2 people that grp with you. i played alot and very rarely had that issue your talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I like PUGing, that's pretty much the only way I play and I only ever queue up solo for "Any Game". If everyone who isn't teamed up signs up to join any game you have a great chance of giving some of these undermanned groups a little bit of reinforcements. It's pretty awesome when you can change the course of battle like that.

Thank you for your suggestion but my problem is the opponents quitting matches. I've run into a few Klinks who can't get past the fed ball and throw in the towel but that's the exception and certainly not the rule. The problem in my experience has largely been on the other side which I have no control over whether you start a new game or not.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I like PUGing, that's pretty much the only way I play and I only ever queue up solo for "Any Game". If everyone who isn't teamed up signs up to join any game you have a great chance of giving some of these undermanned groups a little bit of reinforcements. It's pretty awesome when you can change the course of battle like that.

Thank you for your suggestion but my problem is the opponents quitting matches. I've run into a few Klinks who can't get past the fed ball and throw in the towel but that's the exception and certainly not the rule. The problem in my experience has largely been on the other side which I have no control over whether you start a new game or not.
unfortantly thats a completely different problem... my idea only touches on the matches starting with imbalanced teams.... sorry
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-18-2010, 06:35 AM
I'll do you one better.

How about a PvP Queue Interface Overhaul (complete with new graphics).

Check this thread out:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=163507

Quote:
Benefits:
  • User-friendly interface design
    • Less Clutter
    • Shorter list
    • More intuitive

• Scales better for
    • new factions
    • new maps
    • new PvP modes
    • new map sizes

• Cycles maps (no wasted maps at bottom of list)

• Integrated PvP Channel chatbox

• Private Match System would not be affected - power users can be at peace for their PvP match creation.