Lt. Commander
# 11
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
So, where was the flaming? Where was anything other than the usual 10 Forward chaos? Other than the occasional thread punted by a Moderator into our nest?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Uh... Hmm.. Flame war? There was no flame war. There was simply a change in TF that I noted, and others intrepreted more or less correctly.

But there will be war. A war of wits! Humour, sarcasm, cynical yet humourous commentary, and plain old slapstick foolishness, all will commence with the roosters crow upon a dawn not days from now. For I speaketh as though I am wise and well read, when in fact I am simply tired and loopy. Yea though I speak foolishly I shall not forget the disgusting nature of creamed corn.

That stuff really is awful.

Rah! Ten Forward!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
Uh... Hmm.. Flame war? There was no flame war. There was simply a change in TF that I noted, and others intrepreted more or less correctly.

But there will be war. A war of wits! Humour, sarcasm, cynical yet humourous commentary, and plain old slapstick foolishness, all will commence with the roosters crow upon a dawn not days from now. For I speaketh as though I am wise and well read, when in fact I am simply tired and loopy. Yea though I speak foolishly I shall not forget the disgusting nature of creamed corn.

That stuff really is awful.

Rah! Ten Forward!
Go eat a pancake, you Canadian.
Creamed corn is awesome. (if prepared properly, not eaten directly out of the can like syrup from a bottle.)

But back on topic:
Has the forum changed? Yes, indeed it has.
The people who we fondly remember posting with as short a time as one month ago have all but vanished. Leaving some of the longer lasting forum users as the minority.
New people continue to flood in as they have always done.

Forums are about as static as a hyperactive child on a slip-n-slide.
What us rocking chair veterans have to do now is to remember to mock those who we do not understand, and tell them to get off our virtual lawn. And continue to fill the forum with wit, cynicism, and insanity; just as we have always done.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
Creamed corn is awesome. (if prepared properly, not eaten directly out of the can like syrup from a bottle.)

But back on topic:
The people who we remember posting with us as short a time as one month ago now seem to be the minority.

What us rocking chair veterans have to do now is to remember to mock those who we do not understand, and tell them to get off our virtual lawn. And continue to fill the forum with wit, cynicism, and insanity; just as we have always done.
Ah yes true it has been a while for the traditional 10 Forward newbie greetings. As I recall though I got my knuckles slapped pretty hard by our Empress and a few others for just that. As for some reason her word is law *shrugs* we all made a more cheery effort to welcome or bite our tongues.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:

But back on topic:
The people who we remember posting with us as short a time as one month ago now seem to be the minority.

Listen here you cactus sittin, oil pumpin, rootin tootin slack jawed yokel! Creamed corn even when cooked is a substance only suitable for consumption by cockroaches, and even they will hold their noses.

That aside, yes, I must accept the changes that come, but that don't mean I can't have sum fun!

*Throws a match to the gas soaked lawn in front of his virtual house.*

If can't git em off my lawn, Imma gonna have me cookout!
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Ah yes true it has been a while for the traditional 10 Forward newbie greetings. As I recall though I got my knuckles slapped pretty hard by our Empress and a few others for just that. As for some reason her word is law *shrugs* we all made a more cheery effort to welcome or bite our tongues.
Our greetings at times may have been a bit heavy, but they were a right of passage. My greetings when I got here could have been interpreted as mocking and if my skin was softer I could have taken offense, but I saw the humour in them and it made me even more interested in staying around. I say we continue greeting as we once did, and if we go to far and the Empresses scepter raps our knuckles then we can do something Canadians excell at. We can apologise. In fact, I feel an apology coming on right now!

"My sincerest apologies if I have offended anybody, in anyway, at any point in my lifetime. If you claim an offense from before I was born go eat something fecal and die."

See. Its as easy as that.

*Stands there, very proud of himself.*
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Corban, you are a nutter. :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:

But back on topic:
The people who we fondly remember posting with as short a time as one month ago have all but vanished. Leaving some of the longer lasting forum users as the minority.

*wipes tear from eye*
That was beautiful.

But seriously it's like digging in sand the deeper you go the more fall in and eventually you are totally doomed to a sandy existence.

As for a change you all shoulda been here two years ago. THAT was different. And those are the people I miss.

People i had agree to start a fleet called the Care Bear Alliance to help those more interested in PVE and the harsh criticism of the cave-man like PVP junkies only hardened our resolve. and now all those people are gone save one or two.

I feel like Scotty having been rescued from the Dyson Sphere. Put me back in the buffer it's far too horrible and the alcohol far too fake!

*dozes off sitting up*

*wakes up*

OFF MY LAWN!

*pulls charging lever on Nemesis style Compression Rifle*
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
See, this is what I've been saying for a while, now. I've seen it, Hoppy sees it...we need to take back Ten Forward, and stop it turning into Ten FourChan. No more zaniness unless it's clever zany! Intelligences haven't been put on a premium, and now we're all paying the price! Look around the group - we have a teacher, a scientist, a teachers aide, a singer, a former GM, a...Canadian...we can do better! I say we can be funny, and wacky, and still have stimulating intellectual conversations about a wide variety of topics! We can go more than two posts without having it derailed by attention seeking pains in the butt. I know we can do it, but you guys need to believe it, too.

Say Ciao to Caturday, say Push Off to Pandas, saiyonara to stalkers, Meme murderers, and above all else, remember one important fact.
Don't forget the MOUNTAINEER!

I syas.. I is in with the waiging .... thingyy~ *salutes Ten Forward's Flag and yells a battle cry*
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
As for some reason her word is law *shrugs* we all made a more cheery effort to welcome or bite our tongues.
I'm Chaotic Good. Laws and those who wield them don't impress me much.

... wait, what?