Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
So, here's my very simple solution to reward those of us that went out and bought special editions with supposedly exclusive content without "denying" anything to people that did not decide to buy the special editions (by choice or by circumstance).

Give out titles. Nobody that didn't purchase special editions will be short any items and will have the exact same opportunities as those of us that shelled out boatloads of money to add to the early success of the game.

For instance, if you had the Borg BO maybe you would have the exclusive Borg Commander", or a joined Trill could have the title "Joined".

That's what I would do. It (in theory) will placate the most financially invested players without depriving other players of anything usable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 06:06 AM
Euh.. who says it's a mess? I mean, I bought a CE edition after already having a DDE edition specially for the TNG series uniform and Borg BO, but I seriously don't need even more goodies to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside again.

I already feel like that since I got my caitian char to toy around with. :p

I think the prices are completely fair too, I calculated I saved myself roughly 2000 Cryptic points that I don't have to buy to get all the goodies I wanted anyways.

People should just accept that everybody can access it now and move on. I really don't understand the big deal people are making out of it. In a month or so most people already either forgot about this or stopped caring about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2010, 08:14 AM
I think the forums being ablaze might just be an indication that its a mess.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinonewt View Post
So, here's my very simple solution to reward those of us that went out and bought special editions with supposedly exclusive content without "denying" anything to people that did not decide to buy the special editions (by choice or by circumstance).

Give out titles. Nobody that didn't purchase special editions will be short any items and will have the exact same opportunities as those of us that shelled out boatloads of money to add to the early success of the game.

For instance, if you had the Borg BO maybe you would have the exclusive Borg Commander", or a joined Trill could have the title "Joined".

That's what I would do. It (in theory) will placate the most financially invested players without depriving other players of anything usable.
I agree. I say this with hesitation but many of the people didn't purchase the collectors edition or the lifetime membership to save money or to collect a nice tinfoil box with the little hologram on it. We bought them purely for the exclusiveness and collecting aspect of getting these special unique ingame items.

I agree that a special accomodation should be given to those who "invested" in these promotions. I agree with the OP or simply, Cryptic can can easily make a variation of these exclusive items and sell it on C-Store. That would keep the exclusivity of the items and still satisfy the needs of others who don't have em.

Or simply, Cryptic can just award those who received the items through the original means, with accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
I agree. I say this with hesitation but many of the people didn't purchase the collectors edition or the lifetime membership to save money or to collect a nice tinfoil box with the little hologram on it. We bought them purely for the exclusiveness and collecting aspect of getting these special unique ingame items.

I agree that a special accomodation should be given to those who "invested" in these promotions. I agree with the OP or simply, Cryptic can can easily make a variation of these exclusive items and sell it on C-Store. That would keep the exclusivity of the items and still satisfy the needs of others who don't have em.

Or simply, Cryptic can just award those who received the items through the original means, with accolades.
I agree 100%
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Whatever. Let this be lesson. You should buy things because you enjoy them not to make feel special.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Would this mean that those who bought up every copy and preordered lifer subs to both CO and STO would net the title 'Sucker'? :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Would this mean that those who bought up every copy and preordered lifer subs to both CO and STO would net the title 'Sucker'? :p
Seems reasonable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Are you kidding me? I would purchase 3 lifetime membership to gain that awesome title. Seriously though, a little appreciation would be nice from Cryptic. But yea. I don't mind getting the title "Sucker" or "Loser." It's still exclusive. =)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Expired comment