Lt. Commander
Hi everyone,

By way of a quick introduction, my name is Vulajin, and I'm a Platform Software Engineer here at Cryptic. I've been working on some of the issues related to subscribed time counts over this past weekend. We're currently aware of two main issues affecting multiple subscribers:

- Some lifetime subscribers are not receiving any subscribed time credit.
- Subscribers who were "suspended" over the weekend and resubscribed are not receiving proper total credit.

The first issue has been investigated by our Account Server developers and determined to be a bug in our code for calculating subscribed time. A fix has been coded and it's in testing right now.

As for the second issue: over the weekend we ran a script to correct subscribed time counts for everybody based on our understanding of subscriptions as of June 9. (This happened to be the day on which we grabbed the dump of this information from our payment processor.) However, many people experienced an issue after June 9 where their accounts were thought to be "suspended." In response, these individuals created new subscriptions. My script did not anticipate this change in state, and therefore stumbled when trying to restore these accounts.

The current state of things is that some individuals have two subscriptions and are only receiving time credit for the more recent one, plus any free days they may have received from activating their retail products. However, in order to properly restore all of these accounts, I'd like to ask that, if you resubscribed over the weekend, please do not cancel or modify either of your subscriptions until your subscribed time is restored.

If you are suffering from either of the two aforementioned issues, please be patient. We are fixing this as quickly as we can, and we're just as frustrated as you are by these issues. It should not be necessary to file a support ticket, as we should be able to determine the accounts with issues and fix them automatically in the near future. We will post an update here as soon as this is done.

In the meantime, your best line of communication for issues, problem reports, and complaints about these specific issues is right here. I will monitor this thread until all of the issues are resolved, and make every effort to fix everyone who's been affected.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we resolve this matter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2010, 06:24 PM
You know what dude - THIS is some good customer service

One in a row
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
thank you for letting us know: i only realised i wasn't getting anymore time a few days ago and there was a discrpency between the ingame accolade text (about 200 days) and the number featured in my account (about 150 days). it's good to know you're working on a fix (i'm category 1 btw)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2010, 07:35 PM
My account was suspended as well so I just reactivated it. I figured it was something to do with our credit account or bill timing or something....NOW I know

I am not sure yet if I have dual accounts. I don't think I do but I'll look into it. I'll subscribe to this thread in the meantime.

Thanks for the hard work!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulajin
In the meantime, your best line of communication for issues, problem reports, and complaints about these specific issues is right here. I will monitor this thread until all of the issues are resolved, and make every effort to fix everyone who's been affected.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we resolve this matter.
Dude - you rock!

Okay, if you consider a career change you should be Head of Custmer Service.

While NOT suffering this issue to my knowledge (LT subscriber anyway), I got to say this was extremely professional and concise. You told us the problem, how the problem was affecting players, what your doing to fix the problem and what to do if people realize they have a problem.

You Sir (assuming your a he) have answered thsi issue better than most others have on other problems.

I appreciate your hard work and keep it up!

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Lifetimer here... thought I was just mistaken when I looked at the Accolades and the dates were'nt going up. I'll have to the the wifey in the morning this time it wasn't the crazy!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Quick question, how exactly is the time supposed to be calculated. I'm a LT subscriber, and have bought multiple copies of the game (all of which I will never use the 30 days included with). Until recently I had been accruing days as though they had been counting since I entered Closed Beta (Nov 11, 2009), and have recieved the 200 day accolade in game (as I made it past 200 days) As I calculate, there has only been 134 days since launch, and my account currently says 152.89 (on the website).. I know you're working on the "stuck" issue (and I haven't done anything with making new accounts or anything). I was just wondering how it is going to count once everthing is all said and done, from launch day (early start or official), or from when we entered open beta, or from when we paid for the LT sub...

Just wondering how it is planned to work. Thanks a bunch!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok, thought it was weird when it said I had 154 days remaining when I am a Lifetime Subscriber.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Wow!
06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the concise assessment of both the problem and the steps being taken to correct both the known manifestations! A true credit to the what I had come to think was a completely hopeless department!

As a lifer this gives me some optimism for prolonged dealings both present and future with regards to bugs of this type: the "known" bugs