Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
In a previous poll the vast majority of voters said the Galaxy-X should not remain exclusive to the referral program and should be made available though some others means. As a follow up question:

Should the Galaxy-X be added to the C-store?

After you vote, feel free to share your thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Yes.... just to see the look on people's faces. You know, that look like dogs make when they tilt their heads at you and are probably thinking, "WTF"...
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I woudln't object myself. It's not something I'd drive, mind you, but considering how many people are asking for the NX, Excelsior, and Nebula, I wouldn't be surprised to see the fug... I mean, unique design in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I am not a cruiser guy myself, but hey why not?

Its good to set it up as a referral bonus for a certain period, but eventually there comes a point of diminishing returns (the point at which all or most of the very few people who can/will get 5 referrals or buy 5 copies have done so.) where they can make more by offering it in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I am not a cruiser guy myself, but hey why not?

Its good to set it up as a referral bonus for a certain period, but eventually there comes a point of diminishing returns (the point at which all or most of the very few people who can/will get 5 referrals or buy 5 copies have done so.) where they can make more by offering it in the C-Store.
Its not just about diminishing returns either. As a Dev recently said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade View Post
If any of those items ever do make it to the C-store, then you would still be able to earn them for free, rather than paying real money for them, using the referral program.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...64#post2758064

So even if the Gal-X is added, the referral program is still an option for people who dont want to have to pay.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2010, 09:02 PM
And who says Cryptic doesn't have business smarts? :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I've been told repeatededly this last week or so that putting the items we worked so hard to get on the C-Store would be great for the game, and bring in new players. So adding in referral items as well can only improve on that idea, and we should all be happy for the opportunity!

So I'm all for it. Put everything in the C-Store. But in the spirit of fairness and equality, the referral players should get to enjoy the Galaxy for the same length of time I got to enjoy the Mirror Universe uniforms. That being a month. Fair is fair, after all.

And a little more seriously, many players brought in their friends well before the RAF program. They did so purely to bring more people to the game and not for the goodies they'd get for it. So they should have a method to get their hands on the Referral items too.

The RAF people still benefit, since they not only get the ship completely for free, but they get 400 free C-points per referral. Points that dont have to be spent on the Galaxy or Holo-BO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
no, it should be removed from the game alltogether
Lt. Commander
# 10
im sorry but NO. what did cryptic say about not ading things that would affect game play ? adding the gx to the c store is a game changing element, so sorry cryptic if you do you lie about even more things. Putting the borg bo was pushing the envelope a lil bit.

I dont mind it being added some way. Either accolades, or vet reward. but c store, come on. Honestly guys stop encourging this bull crap. Im tired of all you lil wino's. Like the kids crying to mommy and daddy that the neigbor kid got a new bike.