Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentai View Post
I've already done the work and will shortly have my Galaxy X, i would like it to remain an exclusive.....sadly i am nearly %100 percent certain it will end up in the Cstore for next to nothing within a short period of time.

This will be my experiment......IF it does show up in the Cstore then i will no longer feel the need to put forth any effort/money to obtain items when they first come out as its more economical to wait for it to show up in the cstore at a substantial reduction in pirce.

I won't cry fowl if cryptic puts it in the Cstore as they are out to make money, i don't have to like their methods. This will simply decide if i put up the time/money to obtain xxx object at release or simply bide my time and pick it up for next to nothing later.....i'm mostly just getting stuff for collection purposes.
where in this post am i saying i'm really miffed? i'd like to know
I'm not particularly worked up over the issue, i just want to know if it is fact always going to be the case so i know i can for a fact get ALL the goodies by being patient and pay less in the end
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
There are a few things I'm wondering and maybe you'd be willing to answer.

1. Did you recommend people to join the game or buy five new copies and sub for a month?

2. If you recommended people did you recommend it because you enjoy it and think it's a good game or because you wanted the Galaxy X?

3. If you recommended people did you tell them why they had to use a referral key? Basically did you tell them you were going to get a kick ass ship?

4. Given that Jentai admits to essentially paying for it then letting some friends play to try the game and he / she isn't looking at it as Cryptic screwing anyone over, why are you so worked up over the potential of it happening?

5. Would you feel the same if you were paying month to month subscription?

The end point I have is perhaps one that you and other lifetime members have already realised. If you quit STO over this it will have no impact on them at all since your money covers a normal monthly subscription up to around 1 1/2 years. In fact you'd likely be saving them money in doing so.
Sorry for the late response to this but here are your answers...

1) I sent out about 7 referals even one to my boss lol. The ones that purchased were all my friends...my boss didnt.. he told me at work that he said that when he played... it was laim....from my boss no less lol..and i did lawl at work when he said it, but thats fine.

2) I recommended it due to I think it is a good game. I dont like cryptics methods, especially how they deal with exclusives. But the game itself is good, and with the new content coming out i think itll get better..but cryptic needs to stop being so greedy. My friends thought it was a good game, knew it just finished coming out of beta and know what a game will be like due to that.

3) I told them about the kick ass ship. Also mentioned some of the things they would get as well once adding in the referal key i sent them. Which isnt much but never the less was some good stuff to go with playing togeather.

4) Iam worked up about it due to the fact i managed to go out get some friends to play the game...key word worked for it...nook hooken btw lol, but i did go out and get people to play this game, even my boss no less, and to see it chuck it up on the cstore after all i did...it would be a slap in my face and others who did the work.

5) Would i feel the same if i was paying sub...and i did the work...of course.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Agree, Cryptic, please respond with a binding answer based upon the TOS, so the forum can focus upon ideas for enhancing the game experience.

Similar to governance and politics, it's critically important that you, Cryptic, realize that maintaining and reinforcing loyalty amongst the various special interest groups supercedes any decision that would enhance the game experience for the general subscriber base; increase the general subscriber base loyalty; and increase revenue that would help sustain game development and growth.

To quote the Mirror Universe Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.
LoL. I find your post to be funny and seemingly true to life.
I also find it funny that now that so many have acquired the new "galaxy-X ship, they now don't want it to be in the C-store at all.
A lot of these same people are the very same who cried for the pre-order items to be in the c-store becuase it was unfair to withold these items from the playerbase, except now the tune changes when they have something they don't want to share with others.
Cryuptic has already set the precedent by putting pre-order items in the C-store, so I say all special items should eventually make to the c-store - including the Galaxy-X one day.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
LoL. I find your post to be funny and seemingly true to life.
I also find it funny that now that so many have acquired the new "galaxy-X ship, they now don't want it to be in the C-store at all.
A lot of these same people are the very same who cried for the pre-order items to be in the c-store becuase it was unfair to withold these items from the playerbase, except now the tune changes when they have something they don't want to share with others.
Cryuptic has already set the precedent by putting pre-order items in the C-store, so I say all special items should eventually make to the c-store - including the Galaxy-X one day.
We don't need your petty demeanor. All i am asking is an answer from Cryptic. If Cryptic sells the Galaxy X and Liberated Borg via C-Store, let them do so.

All I am asking from Cryptic is, if they will make the AGT Cruiser available via C-Store before hundreds of others commit weeks of their times to recruit five people (or a fool and impulsive buyer like me who spent my own wallet), just to find out that they only had to wait for several months to purchase the ship for mere fraction of the price.

We beg you Cryptic. Please give us an answer.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
We don't need your petty demeanor. All i am asking is an answer from Cryptic. If Cryptic sells the Galaxy X and Liberated Borg via C-Store, let them do so.

All I am asking from Cryptic is, if they will make the AGT Cruiser available via C-Store before hundreds of others commit weeks of their times to recruit five people (or a fool and impulsive buyer like me who spent my own wallet), just to find out that they only had to wait for several months to purchase the ship for mere fraction of the price.

We beg you Cryptic. Please give us an answer.
Don't attack me for stating my opinion. I was niether rude or crude to anybody with my first post.
Its is very funny that when some of the lifers and pre-order players didn't want thier exclusive items put into the c-store for everybody to purchase, it was said they were being selfish.
Now that the players who have or are getting the Galaxy-X don't want thier exclusive toy to be shared eventually with the other players, its a vital dilema of extreme importance to get an answer.

Cryptic has already set precedence by allowing some of the lifer/preorder items into the C-store at the disaproval of those players, so why should the Gal-X be any different?
Cryptic can't start showing favortism now thats its too late, so why should it be wrong to put the Gal-X in the Cstore in 2011?
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Don't attack me for stating my opinion. I was niether rude or crude to anybody with my first post.
Its is very funny that when some of the lifers and pre-order players didn't want thier exclusive items put into the c-store for everybody to purchase, it was said they were being selfish.
Now that the players who have or are getting the Galaxy-X don't want thier exclusive toy to be shared eventually with the other players, its a vital dilema of extreme importance to get an answer.

Cryptic has already set precedence by allowing some of the lifer/preorder items into the C-store at the disaproval of those players, so why should the Gal-X be any different?
Cryptic can't start showing favortism now thats its too late, so why should it be wrong to put the Gal-X in the Cstore in 2011?
I am not sure who you are referring to but I am one of the unfortunate lifetime subscriber who did not get the liberated borg and I am adamant about having the liberated borg being kept exclusive for the sake of rarity and etc. I am also against Cryptic having any of the pre-order items available so easily through C-Store. I didn't initiate this post to open up a venue about bickering others' hypocrisy. All I am asking is a simple response from Cryptic regarding its stance on whether Galaxy X Cruiser will remain exclusive or it will be available via C-Store.

Just a simple question for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
If you want a guiding principle pending a specific answer, then I recommend you refer to the TOS, specifically the sentence that states Cryptic reserves the right to change its mind.

Your best argument would be to demonstrate to Cryptic, in revenue terms, how engaging in what you are suggesting will increase revenue and improve the overall quality of the game experience.

Yes, you don't have numbers, but there are significant amounts of information online about MMO revenue models so you can still present a case.
Once again, I just wanted to specify that I initiated this thread to receive a response from Cryptic regarding the "exclusivity" of the Galaxy X Cruiser and whether it will remain exclusive indefinitely. I am so sick of arguing that at this rate, I might become bald in several months or so.

I understand that Cryptic has the right to change, but all we ask is a simple answer from Cryptic before hundreds of people waste possibly weeks of their time searching for five referrals to get this ship, only to realize that after few months later, they could've gotten the ship for the fraction of its original "cost."

I believe there was a similar thread regarding the Liberated Borg and Cryptic Dev actually gave an answer stating that the Liberated Borg will remain exclusive only to the Pre-Order Lifetimers.

I am just asking the same thing from Cryptic. Is AGT Galaxy going to stay as a referral only ship or is it going to be available via C-Store?
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Expired comment