Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
06-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
So what if the ship will be in C-Store? I still get 400 cpoints each recruit that subs...
Truthfully, that'd be a much better way to incent people. If you got 600 per recruit instead of 400, and they put the Galaxy-X up for 1,000 points, then those who had a friend or two who weren't playing the game would have a reason to recruit them, and those who did five would get the same value they're getting now.

But then, nobody would buy five copies and subscribe for a month to get it. And fewer people would recruit five. So the promotion wouldn't work as well for Cryptic's bottom line.

This way, the fanatical will spend lots of money, the gullible will do lots of recruiting, and then the patient will cash in later in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Well is it really a futile attempt to get an honest simple answer from Cryptic? After all, Cryptic did give a reply regarding the LIberated Borg. Cryptic did state that the Liberated Borg will not be available through other venues indefinitely. Why not an answer regarding AGT Galaxy Cruiser?

No wonder why the company named itself Cryptic. They are "cryptic" at best at providing "cryptic" answers!
Apparently it is cryptic doesnt want to be up front about anything that way they can switch the rules whenever they want to make even more money it isn't necessary to put it in the cstore it doesnt look like they're going to put an end date on it so peopel continously have a chance to get it
i agree it is not fair that those that recruited people early on don't get the ship they should.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Agree, Cryptic, please respond with a binding answer based upon the TOS, so the forum can focus upon ideas for enhancing the game experience.

Similar to governance and politics, it's critically important that you, Cryptic, realize that maintaining and reinforcing loyalty amongst the various special interest groups supercedes any decision that would enhance the game experience for the general subscriber base; increase the general subscriber base loyalty; and increase revenue that would help sustain game development and growth.

To quote the Mirror Universe Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.
This does concern alot of people in this game look how many threads there are asking for it to be made non exclusive whens it going to be in the cstore etc
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I've been told repeatededly this last week or so that putting the items we worked so hard to get on the C-Store would be great for the game, and bring in new players. So adding in referral items as well can only improve on that idea, and we should all be happy for the opportunity!

So I'm all for it. Put everything in the C-Store. But in the spirit of fairness and equality, the referral players should get to enjoy the Galaxy for the same length of time I got to enjoy the Mirror Universe uniforms. That being a month. Fair is fair, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Im gueesing we wont get an answer. I've been trying for 3 days to get an answer wether the galaxy-x is a you can only get it on one character answer and still no response submitted a ticket also still no answer my guess is they dont want to say because it will deter people from doing referals when they find out it's not like everything else in the game that you can get on all your characters
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchrotron
Truthfully, that'd be a much better way to incent people. If you got 600 per recruit instead of 400, and they put the Galaxy-X up for 1,000 points, then those who had a friend or two who weren't playing the game would have a reason to recruit them, and those who did five would get the same value they're getting now.

It is amazing that Cryptic did not apparently consider this most reasonable and dare I saw easy to conceive of idea. I also wondered the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchrotron
But then, nobody would buy five copies and subscribe for a month to get it. And fewer people would recruit five. So the promotion wouldn't work as well for Cryptic's bottom line.
This way, the fanatical will spend lots of money, the gullible will do lots of recruiting, and then the patient will cash in later in the C-Store.
Dont be so quick to assume that position. Remember many people purchased six and seven copies of the game to get all the goodies. Shoot I would buy five copies if the G-X was worth it to me to be frank.
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Dont be so quick to assume that position. Remember many people purchased six and seven copies of the game to get all the goodies. Shoot I would buy five copies if the G-X was worth it to me to be frank.
Assume which? My guess was that if they offered the Galaxy-X for 1,000 points, people who wanted to buy it would just buy 1,000 points, rather than buy five copies of the game and subscribe them each for a month - as it'd be way way cheaper.

Of course, that'd be way way less lucrative for Cryptic - so they'll keep it out of the store until they figure everyone who wanted it enough to pay that much has done so and everyone who'd go out and find five warm bodies has done that and then, once they've gotten everything they can via that route, they'll take the work they've already done and put it up for sale in the C-Store, and get some additional funds there.

If, however, they told everyone point-blank that's how it was going to work, then many of those people would just wait. Currently, they can tell themselves "but what if it doesn't go into the C-Store? I really want it, so I better do what I have to to get it." - and Cryptic's bottom line would suffer thereby.

If it was all about "making the majority of the players happy", the Galaxy-X would be in the C-Store now, along with all the other bonus items that aren't there. Clearly, it's about maximizing profit.

At this point I'm trying to guess when the first paid content shows up which my lifetime sub won't cover - from that point on, future updates will become more and more gated by paid content. Note that I'd expected that to happen, and was looking forward to supporting a game and a company who'd done right by me. As-is, however, they're not getting another dime.

I'm also wondering when they decided to put the Mirror Universe costumes, etc. in the C-Store. If they really had multiple meetings about it, it was probably under discussion before they'd actually finished them. In fact, it may well be that the only reason they did finish them (and the TOS uniforms for that matter) is that they'd decided to put them in the C-Store.

Previously, I'd been rather appreciative that they'd gone the extra mile to fulfill the expectations of the customers (suckers) who bought those packages. Now, I suspect they only did so to get the cash from C-Store. I can guarantee you that they wouldn't have sold as many MU uniforms without the female version, which wasn't in the original (and late) set given us.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-19-2010, 04:50 AM
@Synchrotron - The position that people would not pony up the cash if they knew for sure the G-X would not ever be in the store. Anyway, as far as the rest of your position goes, your preaching to the choir my friend.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Bump. Cryptic!!!!! *ahem*.....
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
OP, while you are at it could you get some pigs to fly for me?

Oh, I know! Let's rally together to get the moon to turn blue! Or we could all hang out for some snow angels in Hell...

Great sentiment, really. But look who you are typing to. My confidence in this company has risen considerably over the last few weeks, but that doesn't mean they aren't Cryptic anymore.

A better question to ask is:

Are the Mods/Devs ALLOWED to discuss this topic?

I would have to say, no. Considering the noticed lack of responses...