Lt. Commander
I know I am only one person but I will not be staying in this game. After reading all that has been said here over the last few days I can't believe you have the gall to say you care about your customers, then to do a cut and paste job to someones concerns is pathetic so you didn't put the cstore items in the cstore because the playerbase wanted you to you did it to make money which is not what you said. It is deplorable the you have behaved I'm just glad I found out before I wasted any more money on your game and never will purchase anything from you in the future. To dojen I am truly sorry this joke of a company is like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
Well here it is I submitted a ticket to cs and this is the response given

Greetings, Thank you for your feedback. Each individual has the right to decide what they think is fair or unfair. While its generally the case that getting something "now" costs more than waiting a while, each person is entitled to their own perspective on how much time should pass before there is any change in price or exclusivity. When it comes to exclusivity, some people have said that one month of exclusivity is worth a particular investment, while others will say that it's only worth the money they spent if its exclusive forever. With these varying perspectives, it seems the most logical to take the middle ground, and make the change after a few months. As always, we'll make sure all the feedback we receive is escalated. Kind Regards, Cryptic Studios

It's over as I said I would I will drop it now
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocamo View Post
I know I am only one person but I will not be staying in this game. After reading all that has been said here over the last few days I can't believe you have the gall to say you care about your customers, then to do a cut and paste job to someones concerns is pathetic so you didn't put the cstore items in the cstore because the playerbase wanted you to you did it to make money which is not what you said. It is deplorable the you have behaved I'm just glad I found out before I wasted any more money on your game and never will purchase anything from you in the future. To dojen I am truly sorry this joke of a company is like this.
Good go play WOW more space to Explore for the rest.

and for the Record Money makes the world go round.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
you didn't put the cstore items in the cstore because the playerbase wanted you to you did it to make money which is not what you said
If the playerbase doesn't want them, they won't make money.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus

First to the OP thank you for your concern sorry to see you go
Second I can see why someone would want to stay away from this game with comments like this very sad someone voices their displeasure and a carebear comes out and jumps on them
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocamo View Post
this has all been discussed in other threads

cryptic can't win in scenario's like this, their actions will always **** someone off, just as they will always have the support of others for their actions. exclusives were, and had always been, flagged for general release into the game at some point, given what i've read on the matter.

as to the matter of their response, that looks to me to be one step up from the standard generic response i always see when i've submitted a bug report, if you want to carry on about it and use it as an excuse to quit the game then all i've got to say is don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Do you have any idea how many tickets the CS team probably get per day, I imagine it would be a considerable number, with many not being very kindly worded I dare say. To expect a non-copy and paste resonse to every person with the small number of people on the team... not a terribly realistic expectation mate. Specially for something that probably being asked over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Just a note:

On atari webpage I can find this:
http://www.atari.com/games/startrek_...xe_ed/download

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless
cry... "KHAAAN!"

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus."
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Was this the generic ticket sent out immediately or the human response from waiting a few days?

If it was the former, that's SOP for MMO developers.
If the latter, I'd understand the grievance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-17-2010, 04:59 AM
So let me get this straight. He is quitting because someone can now buy something he got for paying extra for it in a box set or a preorder, etc. All well and good. Exclusivity is nice but it is just a item that in the end... does nothing beside boost a wearer's or user's ego while they stand around screaming, "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"

That being said, the OP is angry because Cryptic explained their stance on the subject. In Cryptic's defense I have to ask, "What would you have Cryptic do? Put a grinding halt on all the C-Store things just so you can again shout to the masses, 'Look at me! Look at me! Look at me?!' "

I think this is a very selfish post. I am one of those people who bought a year preorder with a digital deluxe box with all the TOS stuff and the joined Trill. Am I bent out of shape over this? Nope. I like my exclusivity and all, but if it keeps people in the game and helps fund Cryptic a bit so they can keep good designers and team members in place... then I say more power to them.

In retrospect, I think they should never have made the popular items like the TOS uniforms and such exclusive in the first place. Maybe they can go back and add something for us, but I wouldn't hold our breath over it.

I just think the OP is behaving rather childishly. Cryptic responded honestly and professionally... OP responds with a tantrum.

That's what I get out of this.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Why
06-17-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus

Why would You want players to leave STO and think that is good ???

Even if I dont agree with OP or the rest about the whole C-Store drama, I still dont want players to leave STO. As You said money makes the world go around (unfortionetly I might add personally but yes thats the way it is) so STO need subscribers money to stay alive and develop.

You should be sad everytime someone decides to leave, not be happy about it.

I'm all for releasing all stuff that I already have in the C-Store. I still have my items and thats why I got them. Others having them dont change that and Im happy for them if they too can get the items if they so desire. Still Im sad that anyone would leave STO over this or any other reason.
Closed Thread