Lt. Commander
# 101
11-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Ill throw in my support as well! and maybe other things like dragon wings or some such fantasy ideas? after all i want my made up alien to truly look alien?
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-08-2010, 04:37 AM
I definitely support this thread, although I doubt the bits I want for a species I'm designing will ever make it into the game.

I'm not sure if anyone else thought of this, but wouldn't adding c-store species to the available BOFFs just require adding in a string of code that unlocks them to appear randomly or in the BOFF store once the species itself is bought? Then again, this may or may not take a lot depending on how things are already coded.

Also, anyone know if there's been word yet on Caitians ever getting the ability to have hair on their heads? I doubt it, but I'm hoping they might eventually do it. >_>

There's also something I like the idea of that someone almost started on the CO forums. Player-submitted models. This'll probably get shot down, but what if players could make models for say... species, and then submit them to Cryptic for use in the game? Obviously if someone does something against the rules; for example making something look obscene, but it'd save them a lot of development time on adding new species or alien parts to the game if they had pre-made models handed in, right?
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm still waiting on any kind of word about when the Caitians will get digitigrade legs as they should have.
But I too want to know about the Caitian hair.
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I'm still waiting on any kind of word about when the Caitians will get digitigrade legs as they should have.
But I too want to know about the Caitian hair.
Yes, I'd like to know that too very much so. I believe they also had eyebrows.
I'm hoping it's not a matter of them being incapable of doing it. I mean if I really had to, I'd draw them some references, geez. :|
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-11-2010, 05:40 AM
Caitian hair is schedueled for release with the new updated hair, whenever that sees the light of day.

As for digitigrade legs, I don't remember even seeing their legs in the movies =(

But let's stay on track guys, we need to keep the thread as concentrated as possible on the subject matter in the hope that Devs take note of it.
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I Support this

So far I've bought:
Klingon Fed
Ferengi
Caitian.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Good suggestion, and one I've heard before.

If enough community support for this gets drummed up, it's something that has a possibility of happening.

Though there might be some odd parts conflicts, so we would have to figure that out.

Cheers,

matt
That was the reason i stopped buying races in the c-store......

/signed

we want this ability - make it happen
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I too would like to see the alien creator updated to allow people that have purchased the species from the c-store have those parts unlocked to use.

Maybe whilst they're at it, they can allow us to give our creation a species name?
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I think that it would be a splendid idea if species parts and traits became available on our Alien Character Creator list of available options once we had purchased a certain species from the C-Store.

I would also love to see a Captain trait respec so that we could apply the new traits.

I would very much like to totally respec my Level 45 Captain and give her both the appearance and species traits of a Caitian, as I would prefer not to grind through those levels again.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Good suggestion, and one I've heard before.

If enough community support for this gets drummed up, it's something that has a possibility of happening.

Though there might be some odd parts conflicts, so we would have to figure that out.

Cheers,

matt
/sign

I think that this would be great! Now for the abilities, just make them "less effective" than their original versions. A simple fix, but you will still need some balancing for it.
Closed Thread