Lt. Commander
# 111
11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
/sign

I think that this would be great! Now for the abilities, just make them "less effective" than their original versions. A simple fix, but you will still need some balancing for it.
Why would you advocate making the abilities less efficient?

If we pay for the C-Store species and that species' parts and abilities become available in our Alien Character Creator, then everything should be in full force.
Lt. Commander
# 112
11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
/Against unlocking race-exclusive traits (Like Leadership, etc.) for use with Aliens, or unlocking race-specific (Like the Accuracy boosting space trait not available to Aliens). If every Alien could choose 1 (Or 1 or more?) canon race-exclusive traits, then there's no incentive to play anything but Aliens. The biggest plus to base and unlockable races is exclusive traits, and Aliens not having access to every trait. If Aliens could choose exclusive race traits or traits specific to a race, there's no advantage to being an non-Alien race anymore. The point of all unlocked race costume options being unlocked for Aliens but keeping the traits as is now is so that Aliens have no gameplay advantages over canon races and remain almost purely aesthetic. Although there is a degree of possible "min/max" trait options for choosing an Alien over a canon race, there being optional exclusive traits being and 1 exclusive required trait per canon race that isn't available to Aliens prevent Aliens having a clear gameplay advantage. If race-exclusive or race-specific traits are allowed to Aliens, Aliens cease being a mostly cosmetic option.
I disagree with you. The Star Trek Universe and its parallel dimensions are vast places, and there are going to be abilities which are shared across the vast breadth of extant species. Therefore, *all* species traits should be available once that species is unlocked via that species being purchased in the C-Store or a Booster Pack code being input on our Account page.

As for your argument that people will no longer want to play the 'real' species when they can have a facsimile, I would point out that there are *many* diehard fans of specific species who will continue to play their favorite(s).
Lt. Commander
# 113
11-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I support this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 114
12-05-2010, 12:55 AM
supported wholeheartedly.
Lt. Commander
# 115
12-05-2010, 01:15 AM
I'd support this.
Lt. Commander
# 116
12-05-2010, 04:35 AM
I would like to see this done.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm totally in favor of this idea. I would buy alien races only to use their parts.
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-20-2011, 07:39 PM
signed. I want a tail and cat ears on my alien . without being a Catian
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
If enough community support for this gets drummed up, it's something that has a possibility of happening.
I'll sign that!

As much as I will abhor seeing blue furry Avatar-style aliens, I will be happy to have a wider range of customization.

Further, can we have the option to name our races so that It wont list us as "Alien" (a bit racist) and instead will list us as whatever name we give our character's race?
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoin
I'll sign that!

Further, can we have the option to name our races so that It wont list us as "Alien" (a bit racist) and instead will list us as whatever name we give our character's race?
You do know this is fiction. How can this be racist it is a game. What social implications and negative attacks are they receiving for being an "Alien" in this game?
Closed Thread