Lt. Commander
# 21
06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
/ signed and /bumped
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-18-2010, 08:20 AM
/Signed

I want to make a furry saurian borg hybrid.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-18-2010, 08:40 AM
-Updated the first post with some very basic analysis of what's been posted so far.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-18-2010, 08:51 AM
/support

I love this idea! I've been wanting to create my Klingon/Ferengi Warrior Merchant. Today is a good day to BUY!
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
great idea, i would support this
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
I generally avoid the alien creator, I would make an exception starting with this change: though I do not know this, but it might save the developers a lot of work, to only have to put in parts. I would use it more, but I would like to be able to name my creations, rather then just having it be Alien.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
all for it

oh btw,

the best cure for...shall we say, fitting issues is to allow
the new parts to be sized via X-axis and Y-axis separately (similar to tatoos)

ears can then be brought apart and together to make a nice fit
and adjusted up and down to get them in the right spot

peace
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Nothing to add except /signed.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV4N_R4D3K
I generally avoid the alien creator, I would make an exception starting with this change: though I do not know this, but it might save the developers a lot of work, to only have to put in parts. I would use it more, but I would like to be able to name my creations, rather then just having it be Alien.
I agree, maybe we should start a thread in the general feedback about how we would like the character species to reflect what we named the species and not just say alien.

I also still would like elements of species that we have purchased to be availbel in the alien creator.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
I would like to make the suggestion that C-Store species purchased could be at some point in the future, have their parts added to the alien creator too. This would lead to many more customised looking races and exiting future C-store additions.

For example, by buying a race, such as the recently released Caitian, you would be able to go into alien creator, and find the parts that make up them available to use there too. The same with Ferengi and others.
I like the idea. I hadn't purchased any C-Store species and didn't realize this wasn't already the case. I'm guessing this proposal includes alien Bridge Officers and Captains?

Quote:
The proposed changes could lead to more C-store packs such as Alien Creator Bonus Packs, which add even more custom alien pieces in the future, that might not necessarily belong to any specific race. Further improving the diversity of the player species. These packs, would be like mix-and match goody bags, with various body parts and accessories for the player's look.
Either way is cool. I'd be much more likely to buy an "Alien Pack" than a bunch of races. Customizing Bridge Officers has more appeal to me than rolling a bunch of Captains.

Quote:
EDIT: I would also like to give a big thumbs up to Cryptic for such a good job on the Caitian species, a massive fan of them!

EDIT 2: Do people think the current traits specific to a race, such as Pounce, and Feline Instinct (Caitian) should also be included, if possible of course, for use in the Alien Creator along with the above suggestions? -> As suggested by Matteo.
I'm not fond of this part. I'd like to see the these species specific traits remain limited. Of course, traits available only to aliens would be cool!

And a big thumbs up to all the work done so far (and the updates in the works) on one of my favorite aliens!
Closed Thread