Lt. Commander
# 121
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
So we have a new conspiracy. I have not seen my neighbors for about three weeks now. Their cars are gone but their extensive collection of yard debris/porch furniture and John Deere flag remains. What is interesting is that this is the fourth set of neighbors in this house since my roommate and I moved in a year ago.

The ones that were there when we moved in was a group of at least ten people living in a house that I am assuming is similar to mine based on external appearances. Three bedrooms, a basement, living room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms. Unknown if it also contains a bomb shelter.

They moved out in September. Since then the three groups that have occupied the house have all just vanished. No moving trucks for moving out, they never took the porch furniture or grills, no nothing. It's like they all just flee in dead of night...or get eaten by the house!

My current theory is that the people who lived there when I moved into my current residence were foul chaos sorcerers and had warped the reality of the house to create extra rooms. The people who subsequently move in get trapped in these rooms and devoured by warp daemons.
Lt. Commander
# 122
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
So we have a new conspiracy. I have not seen my neighbors for about three weeks now. Their cars are gone but their extensive collection of yard debris/porch furniture and John Deere flag remains. What is interesting is that this is the fourth set of neighbors in this house since my roommate and I moved in a year ago.

The ones that were there when we moved in was a group of at least ten people living in a house that I am assuming is similar to mine based on external appearances. Three bedrooms, a basement, living room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms. Unknown if it also contains a bomb shelter.

They moved out in September. Since then the three groups that have occupied the house have all just vanished. No moving trucks for moving out, they never took the porch furniture or grills, no nothing. It's like they all just flee in dead of night...or get eaten by the house!

My current theory is that the people who lived there when I moved into my current residence were foul chaos sorcerers and had warped the reality of the house to create extra rooms. The people who subsequently move in get trapped in these rooms and devoured by warp daemons.
Ok...here are my submissions to your evidence.

First up: House

Second up, and more insidious: Cube
Lt. Commander
# 123
08-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Wow no new conspiracies in a while. Ravenstein's meds must be working wonders.
Lt. Commander
# 124
08-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Holes are appearing in my backyard. Mysterious holes. Strange holes. Three holes in particular are rather troubling.

The first has been a growing problem for the past while. There is a rather large depression in my backyard and it has been gradually growing. It is presently about six feet wide and was until recently about six inches deep at it's deepest point. Today I had my boyfriend make up for a couple weekends ago when he spent my last weekend before classes restart and we went on a trip to my cousin's in St. Louis to see a wandering pirate display playing Starcraft 2 (the bad boy) by dumping large quantities of stone and dirt into it without pay.

What is strange about this hole, besides the size, depth, and the fact it is growing is the recently discovered bits of plastic that are appearing about a foot away from it. All in all, it is starting to give off 'hole to netherword' vibe.

Second hole is about ten feet from the first. This is the real mystery here. First, it's not very big around but it is deep. About a foot around, and over a foot deep. It looks like an animal dug it, but there is no signs of digging. The plants around it are wilted from the hot weather and lack of rain but otherwise they are undisturbed. There is no dirt around the hole and no sign it collapsed.

What is more interesting is this one appeared two weeks ago. Just BAM, big hole. And there appears to be some kind of small tunnel down there, maybe a foot wide and six inches tall. Like almost a burrow is collapsing, but is a long and old burrow as there is no sign of animals burrowing around the house.

Lastly, we have the stone hole. On the other side of the yard is a pair of well cut stones that were apparently just tossed here and partially buried/sunk. Almost like someone started making a pretty stone walkway, but gave up after shoddily laying 2 stones. Well a hole has appeared between these two stones. The precision this hole has appeared has added to the already strange nature of the two obviously mason-cut stones.

Is my backyard possessed?

Oh, and new neighbors have moved in next door. The previous one did mysteriously disappear.

The ant problem has been solved. I found where the ants were coming in at and caulked it up. Take THAT!
Lt. Commander
# 125
08-29-2010, 12:10 AM
The holes may simply be caused be an excess of ground water.

When I was growing up I had Grandparents that lived out in the woods, after a long summer of rain they had something extremely similar to what you described, one massive sinking hole with small ones around it. I ended up falling through one and it was all hollow and interconnected underground, and it was deep, about six-seven feet where I went in and down the muddy tunnel ahead went even deeper.

The ended up calling an expert about it and they said it was a huge ground water problem, not surprising they had a well on the property too so it kinda hinted there was water down there to begin with. Just the same it was a bad thing for a kid to experience, even more when that kid needs to wait for his Grandfather to fetch the ladder while he's down in a huge hole underground with one spot of light and howling dark just ahead.
Lt. Commander
# 126
08-29-2010, 05:35 AM
It does sound like sinkholes; but she did say there there had been no rain for awhile. *shrug*
Lt. Commander
# 127
08-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Holes are appearing in my backyard. Mysterious holes. Strange holes. Three holes in particular are rather troubling.

The first has been a growing problem for the past while. There is a rather large depression in my backyard and it has been gradually growing. It is presently about six feet wide and was until recently about six inches deep at it's deepest point. Today I had my boyfriend make up for a couple weekends ago when he spent my last weekend before classes restart and we went on a trip to my cousin's in St. Louis to see a wandering pirate display playing Starcraft 2 (the bad boy) by dumping large quantities of stone and dirt into it without pay.

What is strange about this hole, besides the size, depth, and the fact it is growing is the recently discovered bits of plastic that are appearing about a foot away from it. All in all, it is starting to give off 'hole to netherword' vibe.

Second hole is about ten feet from the first. This is the real mystery here. First, it's not very big around but it is deep. About a foot around, and over a foot deep. It looks like an animal dug it, but there is no signs of digging. The plants around it are wilted from the hot weather and lack of rain but otherwise they are undisturbed. There is no dirt around the hole and no sign it collapsed.

What is more interesting is this one appeared two weeks ago. Just BAM, big hole. And there appears to be some kind of small tunnel down there, maybe a foot wide and six inches tall. Like almost a burrow is collapsing, but is a long and old burrow as there is no sign of animals burrowing around the house.

Lastly, we have the stone hole. On the other side of the yard is a pair of well cut stones that were apparently just tossed here and partially buried/sunk. Almost like someone started making a pretty stone walkway, but gave up after shoddily laying 2 stones. Well a hole has appeared between these two stones. The precision this hole has appeared has added to the already strange nature of the two obviously mason-cut stones.

Is my backyard possessed?

Oh, and new neighbors have moved in next door. The previous one did mysteriously disappear.

The ant problem has been solved. I found where the ants were coming in at and caulked it up. Take THAT!
Ok, the holes are my bad....lately I've been randomly shooting radioactive probes into the planet's atomosphere and a few of them were pulled down by graviton forces....unfortunately they landed near your house....I'll send a hazard team over there when I can :p

Oh also some Vampires are probably inhabiting the holes by now.... :p
Lt. Commander
# 128
09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
So I have been thinking about vampires lately for some reason and one question that comes up is what happens to the blood they drink? Because they have to do something with the blood else they would just keep swelling up like water balloons.

First, is it somehow metabolized by the vampire? If so, doesn't that constitute life of a sort? Perhaps not human life, but the vampire, which is supposedly undead, is now showing signs of life. And if so, wouldn't the organs that process the blood be vulnerable to attack. After all, if those organs are damaged or destroyed, wouldn't that at the very least condemn the vampire to a prolonged redeath? And what happens after the blood is processed? Is the blood then expelled like we do with water through sweat and other bodily fluids?

A second idea I had is that the blood is somehow converted to energy, but this violates the laws of conservation of matter and energy or at the very least convert the matter to energy like in a nuclear reaction in a fairly efficient process that does not result in the release of radioactive particles. And if so, by studying the vampire's blood-energy processing system, a new source of energy could be discovered to compete with coal, oil, nuclear power.

Anybody know where I can can find a vampire to study these questions in greater detail?

And the neighbor didn't last long either. I haven't seen any sign of habitation for almost a week. I really do think that house is eating people.
Lt. Commander
# 129
09-19-2010, 02:36 PM
According to a few books I have read over the years a vampire has a blood virus the cannibalizes blood cells to survive. Which is why any sharing of blood infects the living and thus creates a new vampire. The stake through the heart was a relatively new concept. The more traditional methods of vampire disposal was removing the heart along with decapitation and filling the mouth with garlic. The idea being to prevent the vampire from feeding thus stopping further infection and regeneration.

I don't recall anything about.. vampy bio breaks. I guess that fell under TMI
Lt. Commander
# 130
09-20-2010, 05:25 AM
If Ultraviolet (horrible movie made awesome by Milla Jovovich) is to be believed, Capulet hit the nail on the head. The hemophage's blood cells cannibalize the blood cells of the victim.