Lt. Commander
# 11
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Technical term is Aquagenic pruritis and is related to skin. He can drink water just fine. But he has issues with soaking in water.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, then it's an epidermal reaction to water. Since we don't have skin on the inside of our bodies, that makes perfect sense.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Could be worse, my grandfather is allergic to water. He gets in water for more the ten minutes and he breaks out in hives.

Being allergic to everyday things seems to run in the family.

Yes, water allergies are real.
He has my sympothy I get them when it goes cold. It tends to move from area to area.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I always thought you were a Vampire, Ravenstein. I mean, first, look at your pale skin, and your sun allergy. Remember, Bram Stoker's Dracula could walk around in the sun, but had to be covered up. He was only weakened in daylight, but it would never give him more than an irritation, and definately not kill him. Then look at your name. Ravenstein. That just oozes of gothic horror goodness. Like...Frankenstein.

Possibly the other thing that makes me think you are a vampire is your allergy to cats. Cats are well known for sensing things like the undead and such, when they are actually not sleeping or licking their butts. So, while cats would have an adverse reaction to your undead state, your undead state has a reaction (allergy) to cats. So, it is like a double alarm, one for you, one for them, and if people know what to look for, they can pick this up and immediately know that something is quite not right about you.

So, my consipiracy theory is that you are indeed a vampire, and the people at the lab wanted your blood to drink to hopefully make them a vampire. Unfortunately, they aren't really up with vampire lore, and don't really know how the whole 'make you a vampire' thing works. But do give them credit for trying.

Also, your grandpa is a male witch. That whole water thing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Possibly the other thing that makes me think you are a vampire is your allergy to cats. Cats are well known for sensing things like the undead and such, when they are actually not sleeping or licking their butts.
I want to see a movie or TV show that depicts cats realistically.

My three cats spend 95% of their time sleeping, and the remaining 5% is evenly split between eating, begging for treats, grooming each other, and licking their own bungholes.

Quote:
Also, your grandpa is a male witch. That whole water thing.
The term is "warlock."
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I want to see a movie or TV show that depicts cats realistically.

My three cats spend 95% of their time sleeping, and the remaining 5% is evenly split between eating, begging for treats, grooming each other, and licking their own bungholes.

The term is "warlock."
Not necessarily. Warlocks differe from place to place in their description. I don't want to have to go into the whole description of it all, though. So, I just stuck with male witch. Look through old German and English records, that is what they are referred to as.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Not necessarily. Warlocks differe from place to place in their description. I don't want to have to go into the whole description of it all, though. So, I just stuck with male witch. Look through old German and English records, that is what they are referred to as.
That's stupid and you're stupid for saying it.

Modern media has taught us that the male version of a witch is called a warlock, so that's what I'm sticking with and no amount of logic will convince me otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, that does sound like I am a vampire, Vrano. I never realized that's what I was. Now to work on the blood sucking.

I hope I can be as badass of a vampire as Alucard.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that does sound like I am a vampire, Vrano. I never realized that's what I was. Now to work on the blood sucking.

Hehe. Hehehehehe.

He looks silly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:

If thats your definition of badass i guess we have nothing to worry about.