Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMiller View Post
Who actually thought that vampires sparkling would be a good idea? and for that matter who made up the rules for what kills vampires? i'm pretty sure a shotgun blast to the face would kill them.
I don't think anyone thought that sparkles would look good on a vampire, except for Stephanie Meyers and my wife. But if Ravenstein is a vampire...hrm...lets put some on her and find out.

As for Vampire Lore, though, it goes back even to Egyptian times. Kind of like with what I was saying about warlocks, vampires, and what they are suppose to look like, how they are killed, etc., varied from place to place. It wasn't until Bram Stoker, though, that the vampire was taken from more a walking corpse (ghoul-type monster) to something with high intellect and nobility. Couple that with F. W. Mernau's Count Orlok (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens, 1922), we have pretty much today's 'typical' vampire.

While I may not like Meyer's vision of the vampire, I do tip my hat to her for thinking outside the box in regards to them...in certain ways. She has kept with the genre with the aristocratic makeup of the covens and such, so she still leans heavily on the lore that Stoker and Mernau brought to us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Very scary conspiracies you have been subjected to Ravenstein, I hope you find the culprits soon!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Ravenstein isn't a vampire. Secretly, she's one of us.

Yes, a railway modeller.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-17-2010, 01:19 PM
The insects, well, if you are a developing vampire, if you've been infected than maybe you're subconsciously exerting your control over the vermin. If rats, bats and wolves start hanging around your home then I'd say you've definately become a vampire. Might want to send your bunnies away, or were you hoping to make them into little Bunniculas?

Anyways, I think the real conspiracy is that it won't stop raining here. We had three days of sun in the past 3 weeks. Normally we're lucky if we get three days of rain all summer. Whats up with that?!?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
The insects, well, if you are a developing vampire, if you've been infected than maybe you're subconsciously exerting your control over the vermin. If rats, bats and wolves start hanging around your home then I'd say you've definately become a vampire. Might want to send your bunnies away, or were you hoping to make them into little Bunniculas?

Anyways, I think the real conspiracy is that it won't stop raining here. We had three days of sun in the past 3 weeks. Normally we're lucky if we get three days of rain all summer. Whats up with that?!?
You Canadians are getting all of our discarded weather, I guess.

We figured we were getting enough rain down here, so we shipped the excess up to the frozen wastes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Figures. Thats Karma. All those years of our arctic fronts going south and closing schools across the northern states. Something was bound to come back.

Well then how about his for conspiracy. I think Flasherman might actually be Doctor Who, and if he's wasting time posting here then who's saving the universe?!?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
Figures. Thats Karma. All those years of our arctic fronts going south and closing schools across the northern states. Something was bound to come back.

Well then how about his for conspiracy. I think Flasherman might actually be Doctor Who, and if he's wasting time posting here then who's saving the universe?!?
The Doctor.

Not Doctor Who.

Doctor Who is the show.

The Doctor is the character.

Remember, Corban. I am not Shazam.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
Figures. Thats Karma. All those years of our arctic fronts going south and closing schools across the northern states. Something was bound to come back.

Well then how about his for conspiracy. I think Flasherman might actually be Doctor Who, and if he's wasting time posting here then who's saving the universe?!?
Tessa is, which is why she has been MIA
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Hello?



Ten 4chan Characters
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Ravenstein isn't a vampire. Secretly, she's one of us.

Yes, a railway modeller.
A railroad modeler? How did that come about?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM.