Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
lol, can't argue with that, but still it's a pretty cool looking ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrasil
Stop asking for more stuff and let them fix/finish what's in game already.
this and nothing else
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I vote yes for the Vesta-class!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Won't happen as it's a fan design and Cryptic would have to not only get CBS' approval for it but they'd also likely have to pay royalties to the fan that created it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Won't happen as it's a fan design and Cryptic would have to not only get CBS' approval for it but they'd also likely have to pay royalties to the fan that created it.
we did get the luna. that is a fan design also.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
we did get the luna. that is a fan design also.
Technically, but that was part of a contest and was used for a licensed book series so it had CBS blessing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Technically, but that was part of a contest and was used for a licensed book series so it had CBS blessing.
And Vesta wouldn't?

It was also used for a licensed book series and blessed by CBS.

Edit: Take a look at the YouTube video provided by the person who designed the ship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzrOKcfnzA

Notice it says (C) CBS Studios INC. in the far left corner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Won't happen as it's a fan design and Cryptic would have to not only get CBS' approval for it but they'd also likely have to pay royalties to the fan that created it.
In what way is it a fan design?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
In what way is it a fan design?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X
And Vesta wouldn't?

It was also used for a licensed book series and blessed by CBS.

Edit: Take a look at the YouTube video provided by the person who designed the ship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzrOKcfnzA

Notice it says (C) CBS Studios INC. in the far left corner.
Ah, ok, I wasn't aware of that. I'd seen it on deviantart and other places and figured it was just another fan-creation. Disregard my comments, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
does it get the slipstream drive?
Technically we've all got quantum slipstream, that's the 'transwarp' ability in-game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
When STO was in development and ships were revealed, I personally hoped that the Vesta was going to be the Tier 5 ship, with the Luna at Tier 4.

Now that Cryptic said there are new Admiral ships in development, I'm hoping the Vesta is once again going to one of them. Given her length of 672 meters long, shes almost as long as the Sovereign so she would fit in nicely at Tier 5 or 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Technically, but that was part of a contest and was used for a licensed book series so it had CBS blessing.
You're wrong Sol, CBS owns the design. In fact, I think you can still find the contest rules online.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.