Lt. Commander
# 51
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I agree. The Vesta-class has enough gadgetry on it to fit in really well as a top tier science vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93 View Post
its actually classified as an multi-mission exploration cruiser if i'm not mistaken.
*ponders* I suppose I could stomach its inclusion if it's made one of the T5 ships in a flex-role line with the Nebula as the T4 anchor.
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
*ponders* I suppose I could stomach its inclusion if it's made one of the T5 ships in a flex-role line with the Nebula as the T4 anchor.
that would actually be a good idea. t4 nebula and t5 vesta for science. but isnt the nebula an explorer vessel? dunno if it would fit science. i think t4 cruiser costume would fit it better.
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93 View Post
that would actually be a good idea. t4 nebula and t5 vesta for science. but isnt the nebula an explorer vessel? dunno if it would fit science. i think t4 cruiser costume would fit it better.
I'm talking about a hypothetical new line of Fed ships with flexible BO slots based on the Nebula's variety of mission pods, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Wow that is smexy for sure!
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwlancer666 View Post
a) Don't forget the mission in Alpha-Centuri secter where we have to protect a Fedration Transwarp conduit.
b) I don't know maybe, but also read the STO timeline, there are supposedly more conduits that have been constructed then just those two.

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there."
That's true, but conduits don't necessarily mean that transwarp *drive* has been perfected while we know that Quantum Slipstream has, at least on some ships. So those are two different things. A Conduit is a fixed-position in space that can be utilized while a drive will allow transwarp at any time, from any place, which doesn't appear to be something the Federation has managed yet, unlike Slipstream.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
I'm talking about a hypothetical new line of Fed ships with flexible BO slots based on the Nebula's variety of mission pods, actually.
ah, like the runabout? that's actually a good idea. wonder why they haven't done that yet.

and shdwlancer666 vs. Captain_Sol: actually transwarp only means that it a velocity above the warp 10 barrier.
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Looks like the Loveboat...pass
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
Looks like the Loveboat...pass
loveboat? care to elaborate?
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Not bad looking, someone obviously spent a lot of time on it. As an engineer, though, little concerned about the fact that the nacelle struts seem to be hanging out in the impulse drive thrust. Seems like that would cause the forward leading edges of the struts to be eroded by the drive wash, which wouldn't be a good thing at all.

"Full Impulse power, ensign!"
"Captain! The nacelles just fell off!"

IMO, though, there are too many 'sleek' ships. Honestly, I don't care much for them. I want my ships somewhat boxy, like the Miranda and Connie. I did like the Nova, and could almost get my Recon Science Ship to where I wanted it. I'd like to see more of the 'oldschool' designs implemented first, you know? Maybe a true Stargazer, the Constellation class? Or the Oberth? The classical designs, IMHO, are almost always the best.