Lt. Commander
# 81
11-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
/signed

I would really like to see this ship ingame, even if it is only a star cruiser skin.

What I really like about the Vesta class is that it seems to reinforce the design aesthetics of what Starfleet ships were moving towards with the Prometheus, Sovereign and Intrepid but take it another step further.

I would actually like to see the Vesta class this as the "interm" enterprise idea thats been thrown around.

I have little interest in seeing a cross between a sovereign(Enterprise E) and a universe class(Enterprise J) in order to appeal to those who wanted the Enterprise J. I would much rather see a ship that is futuristic but plausible then a ship design that trys to incorporate two designs that have 200 years or so of differentiation.

Making an player controlled Enterprise F is a good idea but trying to make a Enterprise H is not.
I've read in two places now about a "new Enterprise", and one of those places suggested it would be a US player contest to design it.

I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere official, though. Where did you glean this information? I'd like to see the source so I can learn myself about it.
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
For those of you that are having trouble waiting, here's something to tide you over.

How to make a pseudo Vesta-class starship:

Buy an Assault Cruiser. Customize it in the following manner:

Imperial-class saucer.
Imperial-class neck.
Imperial-class hull.
Sovereign-class nacelle pylons.
Majestic-class nacelles.
Lt. Commander
# 83
11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
I've read in two places now about a "new Enterprise", and one of those places suggested it would be a US player contest to design it.

I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere official, though. Where did you glean this information? I'd like to see the source so I can learn myself about it.
Well what happened was that in July (I think) it was posted on an engineering report that the devs planed on adding the Universe Class (Enterprise J) into the game. People became upset because of the ridiculous proportions of what the ship as designed would be and the time period issues of adding a 26h century ship to the game. CBS nixed the idea of adding the Enterprise J and to appeal to those who felt cheated by it being pulled destal suggested a player contest to design an intermediate ship between the Enterprise J and the Current Enterprise.

Although I cannot find a specific statement about the player designed contest in the engineering reports I do know that destal has commented on it several times. I don't think the contest idea is set in stone at this point, but its something that hasn't outright been ruled out at this point.

Edit: Just had to dig a little deeper.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...3&postcount=24

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...st#post3117926
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Well what happened was that in July (I think) it was posted on an engineering report that the devs planed on adding the Universe Class (Enterprise J) into the game. People became upset because of the ridiculous proportions of what the ship as designed would be and the time period issues of adding a 26h century ship to the game. CBS nixed the idea of adding the Enterprise J and to appeal to those who felt cheated by it being pulled destal suggested a player contest to design an intermediate ship between the Enterprise J and the Current Enterprise.

Although I cannot find a specific statement about the player designed contest in the engineering reports I do know that destal has commented on it several times. I don't think the contest idea is set in stone at this point, but its something that hasn't outright been ruled out at this point.
Oh goodie. When I read about it I immediately began sketching ideas for an Ent-F. I'd love the December I saw in the post to be true, I really want people to see it. But I won't let it slip until its official lest someone steal my idea and do it better. XD
Lt. Commander
# 85
11-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The Oberth is on the short list of Fed ships we want in the game asap.

Some other Fed ships that we want...
- Ambassador (probably will be a Galaxy Variant)
- Vesta
- Andorian

and then the Fan submitted next Enterprise which will be decided by a contest starting up in the US sometime in December.
Talking about this? Either way it seems we'll have the Vesta eventually, as well as the design competition.
Lt. Commander
# 86
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
Talking about this? Either way it seems we'll have the Vesta eventually, as well as the design competition.
You're my hero.

I'll be refining my design in the meantime... <.<
Lt. Commander
# 87
11-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautuin
Its nice looking and all, but to be honest i'm tired of these really long, smooth, speedboat-looking ships. I prefer the classic Saucer on a neck to a secondary hull with pylons.

I know its been done but I think theres a lot more that could be done with it, and it seems like 80% of the ships in the game dont follow that standard, which is my favorite.
Same here... the very long ships have soo many disadvantages..... I would like to see more Classic Designs in the game....