Lt. Commander
# 1 Devs - C-Store Item Issue
06-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Can someone confirm if this is a glitch or a reality?

I bought the tribble and borg officer from the c-store but it wants me to buy it for each damn character I have.

I thought once something was unlocked in the c-store it was unlocked across the account.

If this is a new trend, that items may only be unlocked on a per character basis.. I'm going to be royally ****ed off.

Blumonday
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm sure that's some kind of glitch. I doubt they'd make a move like that (at least not right now).
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Might want to read the C-Store page a little more carefully... some items are for all characters on an account, some might be one per character unlocks.

For example, you'll note that costume packs have "Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account." attached to them, meaning you only need to buy it once and it will unlock for all your characters on an account.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Once you buy an item (Gold Tribble/ Borg BO/ Conny) on one character it will be unlocked for him on all c-store pages.

However on other characters they are only free to claim under "Special Unlocks", if you try to get them off the "Featured" page it will charge you again.

It's probably a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
Once you buy an item (Gold Tribble/ Borg BO/ Conny) on one character it will be unlocked for him on all c-store pages.

However on other characters they are only free to claim under "Special Unlocks", if you try to get them off the "Featured" page it will charge you again.

It's probably a bug.
What he said. Wonderfully put.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks Dude. appreciate it.

Now I feel better.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Might want to read the C-Store page a little more carefully... some items are for all characters on an account, some might be one per character unlocks..
VERY VERY POSSIBLE...

Just like rename and respec, they might need to be purchased multiple times for multiple characters.

This will Appease the Pre-Order Bonus people. who will stop crying in their Gagh.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.

It's probably a bug.
OMG, there is someone kind and helpful still around! Kudos!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Edit: Original post was incorrect. You can claim the Tribble on all your characters. The fact that it says "Buy Now" on the features page is a bug. Fortunately, you can't actually buy it, and if you go to the Special Unlocks tab, you can claim it on all your characters after its been purchased.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey All,

Last I heard, the expected functionality of the Tribble C-Store item is that it needs to be purchased individually for each character. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. I will let the team know that the UI is not completely clear about this.

-Destra
Thanks Destra, I must say, I find that quite surprising.