Lt. Commander
# 991
03-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Use "canon" reference sources please.
3rd Party 3D models are not valid as reference.
If you say so. Regardless of where it came from, the fact is the galaxy on the right is more accurate aligning with the one from AGT. Plus, I'd rather have Cryptic telling me that that a "3rd party" if you will...

Aside from that, I see your logic. Here is a pic from the episode, and it looks nearly identical to the one I posted above on the right.

"Canon" Galaxy Dreadnought

Notice that the only "ring" is the phaser array. nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 992
03-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Not saying that your wrong, just that you need to be sure to use "authentic" reference material for this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 993
03-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Not saying that your wrong, just that you need to be sure to use "authentic" reference material for this thread.
Although people like Doug Drexler are accepted as references, as they worked on the show and films and their models are either the same as was used in the show and films or reproductions of such.
Lt. Commander
# 994
03-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Although people like Doug Drexler are accepted as references, as they worked on the show and films and their models are either the same as was used in the show and films or reproductions of such.
Yeah but that kinda still falls under the category of "Authentic" reference material, just as the studio models.
Lt. Commander
# 995
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I was flying the Delta Flyer for a while and I did detect some model error no animation to the Nacelles when going to warp.
The Nacelles suppose to retract and extend while going into warp and out of warp.

As seen on the episode Good Shepherd when the Flyer goes out of warp her nacelles were retracting I hope some one could add that it. If this can be added for the flyer in STO that will be great. Just watch the episode and ya know what I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 996
03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiea
I was flying the Delta Flyer for a while and I did detect some model error no animation to the Nacelles when going to warp.
The Nacelles suppose to retract and extend while going into warp and out of warp.

As seen on the episode Good Shepherd when the Flyer goes out of warp her nacelles were retracting I hope some one could add that it. If this can be added for the flyer in STO that will be great. Just watch the episode and ya know what I mean.
Updated, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 997
03-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I dont think they are supposed to move. This is a Delta class shuttle, based on the Delta Flyer, not the actual Flyer itself.
Lt. Commander
# 998
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
I dont think they are supposed to move. This is a Delta class shuttle, based on the Delta Flyer, not the actual Flyer itself.
Nope - it's just a 'mass-production' version of the original, in the same way that the Defiant prototype became a fully-fledged class in DS9.

From the description in the C-Store:

Quote:
Designed by the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager during their sojourn in the Delta Quadrant, the Delta Flyer is slightly larger than a normal shuttle craft and equipped to handle hazardous situations or extended missions away from a starship.

So yeah - it's the real deal, alright. Therefore, variable-geometry nacelles would be an appropriate (and very cool!) addition.
Lt. Commander
# 999
03-14-2011, 07:03 AM
The MVAM Prometheus ideally needs to have the registry (and possibly the name of the ship) on the secondary and tertiary hulls, as shown in this screen shot (far-right):

http://i.imgur.com/eE2h2.png

She also needs to have windows on the dorsal surface of the secondary hull, as shown in that same image.

Apart from these minor inaccuracies, the MVAM is awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 1000
03-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcW
The MVAM Prometheus ideally needs to have the registry (and possibly the name of the ship) on the secondary and tertiary hulls, as shown in this screen shot (far-right):

http://i.imgur.com/eE2h2.png

She also needs to have windows on the dorsal surface of the secondary hull, as shown in that same image.

Apart from these minor inaccuracies, the MVAM is awesome!

Added, thank you.

Also, please keep the updates coming as to what's been fixed but still on the list.
Closed Thread