Lt. Commander
# 1191
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
indeed. I'll see what i can do next time I mess with the Intrepid. Feel free to re-build the list of inconsistencies on the front page... it could literally never end until I make a perfect replica of a studio model but I only have 7.5k triangles to work with. ;( Gotta spend 'em wisely.

As of right now, every time I add something I have to find other areas to take something away from in order to keep the ship in budgets. you know... real-time-online game environments and all
Logan, is there any chance that Cryptic could "ever" be persuaded to produce an optional HD package?
A addon pack that features High Definition textures and extremely high poly and high detail models?

Because I know some MMO's out there have gone down the route of extra content packs for those people with killer rigs that can use them, games such as LOTRO and ***.
Lt. Commander
# 1192 problem with gameplay
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a problem with game play in that when I try turning my ship it immediately turns back and won't go in the direction I want. Also with my characters when moving them they suddenly jump to a different room even if I do nothing. Another problem is when I get a message to go to the ss azura for instance I either click ok or the F and nothing happens. What do I do? I have cleared out the cache and the registry files, un-installed and re-installed the game did I miss anything?
Lt. Commander
# 1193
07-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jccanada
I have a problem with game play in that when I try turning my ship it immediately turns back and won't go in the direction I want. Also with my characters when moving them they suddenly jump to a different room even if I do nothing. Another problem is when I get a message to go to the ss azura for instance I either click ok or the F and nothing happens. What do I do? I have cleared out the cache and the registry files, un-installed and re-installed the game did I miss anything?
You're in the wrong thread. This is for model errors. You should try the technical support forum instead.
Lt. Commander
# 1194
07-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
A question Capn, something I'm sure has been asked...but that's a lot of pages to read. Is it possible to eliminate, or at least reduce the visibility of the weapon hard points (red dots) on the models? They really do break the flow of some lovely models.
I've removed many of them from the intrepid. Turns out it was demanded by CBS that if a weapon fire from our ships in game it must fire from a weapon hardpoint. The quick and easy solution to this in early pre-production was to make little hardpoints that we could attach anywhere on the ship without doing too much damage to the aesthetics... well

it backfired and they look bad and everybody hates them. So as time goes forward, when I go in and touch a ship I'm going to try to remove them... this means I"ll have to either model in newer, more appealing hardpoints, or just make many weapons fire from a single place etc. you get the point... basically it'll be a lot of re-working but I'll do my best.
Lt. Commander
# 1195
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Logan, is there any chance that Cryptic could "ever" be persuaded to produce an optional HD package?
A addon pack that features High Definition textures and extremely high poly and high detail models?

Because I know some MMO's out there have gone down the route of extra content packs for those people with killer rigs that can use them, games such as LOTRO and ***.
As of right now I'll have to say no, this will never happen. The way I see it, we'll never have enough staff to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 1196
07-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Oh well, a pity though that STO or MMO's in general dont support or enable modding.
Seen some fantastic stuff created by trek modding communities over the years, even basic model replacement mods that are pretty awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 1197
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
While on the subject of hard points, and this might not be your department & not really a ship error. Is there any plans to get the phaser effects to "warm up" first as seen in the shows like here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZbCNexctc#t=01m45s
Basically I'm referring to the effect where the beam goes around the bank 1st & then shoots out

peter
Lt. Commander
# 1198
07-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I've removed many of them from the intrepid. Turns out it was demanded by CBS that if a weapon fire from our ships in game it must fire from a weapon hardpoint. The quick and easy solution to this in early pre-production was to make little hardpoints that we could attach anywhere on the ship without doing too much damage to the aesthetics... well

it backfired and they look bad and everybody hates them. So as time goes forward, when I go in and touch a ship I'm going to try to remove them... this means I"ll have to either model in newer, more appealing hardpoints, or just make many weapons fire from a single place etc. you get the point... basically it'll be a lot of re-working but I'll do my best.
What about sinking some development time into 'Hard Strips' instead of Hard Points?

Same idea, except coded so that a phaser charge is seen to build quickly from A ---> B down the hard strip. These strips could be placed along cannon phaser strip locations as much as is it fits. They could even be lengthened in size to fit larger strips?

Sounds like it would mean adding an extra 'casting' animation to the hard strip for phasers but it would be better than having a phaser beam suddenly fire out from inside the hull.

Food for thought perhaps, if not already thrown in the pot.
Lt. Commander
# 1199
07-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Edited. Question has already been asked
Lt. Commander
# 1200
07-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
While on the subject of hard points, and this might not be your department & not really a ship error. Is there any plans to get the phaser effects to "warm up" first as seen in the shows like here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZbCNexctc#t=01m45s
Basically I'm referring to the effect where the beam goes around the bank 1st & then shoots out

peter
Oh my god .. that would be so awesome ... but i think i would be much more glad, if Logan can remove 3 Firepoints on 1 phaser stripe.

Look at the Sovereign, Aft firing stripes. If you have more than 2 Beam Arrays it looks really ridiculous.. all 3 beams firing from the same point and it looks, that 1 great beam will split into 3 O.o
Closed Thread