Lt. Commander
# 1261
07-22-2011, 10:43 PM
ok see how the phasers impact she shields opf the cube, the shield shape contours withthe shape of the cube. any chance we can see shields like that on regular ships. the battle in nemesis is a good example along with the undiscovered country??
Lt. Commander
# 1262
07-22-2011, 11:42 PM
gotta love capnlogan

us- "can we have borg probes please?"

logan - "i look into it"

us - "ok thanks, i understand your busy and it will probably take some time, but when you-"

logan - "finished"

us - "what the heck?"
Lt. Commander
# 1263
07-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
gotta love capnlogan

us- "can we have borg probes please?"

logan - "i look into it"

us - "ok thanks, i understand your busy and it will probably take some time, but when you-"

logan - "finished"

us - "what the heck?"
Heh. Well said.

Thanks Captain! Looks great!
Lt. Commander
# 1264
07-23-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm still hoping the Crystalline Entity gets remodeled as well whenever that FA gets looked at ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 1265
07-23-2011, 03:57 AM
One thing i just want to check in regards to the borg cube.

when its destroyed they split in half. will the split have the new texture as well. i know junk is staying junk, but it might be odd if it goes from the new awesome texture to the old one.
Lt. Commander
# 1266
07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
One thing i just want to check in regards to the borg cube.

when its destroyed they split in half. will the split have the new texture as well. i know junk is staying junk, but it might be odd if it goes from the new awesome texture to the old one.
I will have to update that model as well but at this time I haven't. The updated texture will be on the broken model, but the lattice layer hasn't been made yet. I should have it done by the time anyone sees these updates in game though.
Lt. Commander
# 1267
07-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay Okay.. I am loving the new Borg skins, weapon impacts on their surfaces (something that could be really cool adapted to other ships when their shields are down.. ).

Now, i don't want to push our luck here, but.. Spheres & Tactical Cubes??

Also, if the way Borg ships function is also getting a revamp (as opposed to how they appear), may i submit this little bit I posted, oh.. Six months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I have repeatedly said the Borg need to be buffed, and I stand by it.

With the addition of the Borg set, the smallest group of Borg we see should be three partially assimilated (Borg Set outfitted) ships, Fed, KDF, Cardassian, a random assortment would do nicely.

The second level should be a Borg probe, upgraded to roughly the same difficulty of the current Borg Spheres, accompanied by several partially assimilated ships. (I should have also added that it should be redone to look more like this) Addendum to Addendum: DONE!

The third level should be a Borg Sphere, upgrades to the level of the current Borg Cubes.

The Borg Cubes should have the firepower and resilience of the current Borg Tactical Cube. (These would appear like all the non-tactical Cubes in the game now, the smaller Cubes from Voyager) Addendum to Addendum: Visual Revamp DONE!!

The Borg Tactical Cube should have armor and shield resistances and weapons buffs over and beyond their current level.

The sixth, and final Borg ship we see in any kind of commonality should be what I think of as the "Assimilation Cube" the hulking, uber-powerful Cubes that they sent to assimilate Earth each time. twice as tall, wide, and thick as the Borg cubes we're dealing with now, with 8 times the mass. It should be reserved for a Crystalline Entity-type Fleet Action.

(Addendum to original: Perhaps a Borg Diamond [Queens Ship] for a big unique boss battle?)

Each level should be able to resist and adapt to the conditions they encounter.

Gaining 1% resistance to each weapon type used against it every ten seconds, with different plateaus for each level. The partially assimilated ships plateau at 10%, Probes at 20%, Spheres at 30%, Cubes at 40%, Tactical cubes at 50%, and Assimilation Cubes at 60%.
Lt. Commander
# 1268
07-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Now, i don't want to push our luck here, but.. Spheres & Tactical Cubes??
im not exactly following you here. you know he has already revamped the sphere and tactical cube and he is turning the probes into the torpedo shaped one. he is also making the diamond. there are pictures dotted around via the dev tracker.

or are you asking something else?
Lt. Commander
# 1269
07-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:

Also, if the way Borg ships function is also getting a revamp (as opposed to how they appear), may i submit this little bit I posted, oh.. Six months ago.
Doubtful that wil be answered here, as this thread pretty much only focues on the art assets, the devs that work on that stuff probably don't check this part of the forums that much.
Lt. Commander
# 1270
07-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
im not exactly following you here. you know he has already revamped the sphere and tactical cube and he is turning the probes into the torpedo shaped one. he is also making the diamond. there are pictures dotted around via the dev tracker.

or are you asking something else?
I've seen the pictures of the Probe and the regular (patrol) Cubes, but I haven't seen/heard of any changes to the Spheres or Tactical Cubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Doubtful that wil be answered here, as this thread pretty much only focues on the art assets, the devs that work on that stuff probably don't check this part of the forums that much.
I wonder where Heretic hangs out..?
Closed Thread