Lt. Commander
# 1271
07-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I've seen the pictures of the Probe and the regular (patrol) Cubes, but I haven't seen/heard of any changes to the Spheres or Tactical Cubes.
ok hold on, ill get them.

edit tac cube

sphere
Lt. Commander
# 1272
07-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

edit tac cube

sphere
It's not just changing the costume of a Cube to something more close to a TV or Movie Borg. It's also about redefining what ship is a constitute. Currently, a Cube acts as a "Battleship" within the STO enemy classification. THis means it is fairly common, and expected to be destroyable by a single player ship. That's just not a gameplay experience reflecting the movies or the TV shows. A Cube would need to be what in STO enemy classification is a Dreadnought (something like the Jupiter Class or the Scimitar in STO), a ship requiring a small group of ships to defeat. (Overall this would necessitate a new Borg ship to fill in a gap left behind by the Cube, and some kind of special STF or Fleet Action that could use a ship beyond Dreadnought classification for the Tactical Cube.)
Lt. Commander
# 1273
07-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Niiice, the revamped graphics are almost orgasmic t look at! Are the shields gonna be changed too since they were never proportionate to the cubes and were kinda...wierd...
Lt. Commander
# 1274
07-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Who assimilates Mr. Peanut... honestly?

(Great Work! )
Lt. Commander
# 1275
07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

edit tac cube

sphere
:drools:

Thanks Revo!
Lt. Commander
# 1276
07-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Here's a link to my photobucket where I leak the hotness.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...x/sto%20stuff/

As far as updating their gameplay mechanics... I'll ask Al for you all on Monday. If I don't have an answer by monday, PM me and remind me then... so I remember to ask him lol!

I'm sure it's something he's already considered and it's osmething I mentioned the other day... I'm also gonna try to increase the size of borg cubes.

*edit*

anyone else think it's dumb that you kill a borg cube in the tutorial?
Lt. Commander
# 1277
07-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:

As far as updating their gameplay mechanics... I'll ask Al for you all on Monday. If I don't have an answer by monday, PM me and remind me then... so I remember to ask him lol!

I'm sure it's something he's already considered and it's osmething I mentioned the other day... I'm also gonna try to increase the size of borg cubes.

*edit*

There several place where i think us killing Borg cubes is kinda dump. It make more sense to me if Borg cube was a boss ship where you only face one.

The Borg seem to me like encounter where many take on one ship.
Lt. Commander
# 1278
07-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Well in the tutorial its a damaged cube, which helps. Also, if you were playing at launch there were TONS of people out there fighting at the spawns, so it did feel like a fleet action - but now when you're likely alone in the encounter with 2 or 3 NPC ships, it feels a little less epic.

Optimally, 1 vs 1 encounters would be probes and spheres, and encountering a cube would be like fighting an open-world "elite boss" in WoW or other MMOs - you might need either a top of the line setup or some help to take it down.

And then a Tac cube would be like a raid boss, where you DEFINITELY need a full group outfitted.

But that doesn't always work in a game where 99% of things are designed to be soloable, so I wish you guys luck solving that one.
Lt. Commander
# 1279
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:

*edit*

Heh, saucer seperation concepts for the Enterprise-F huh?

Did you see my post regarding the Borg Diamond btw? i know it's not really meant to be out yet, but probably useful to be able to tweak it now before it goes live :-)
Lt. Commander
# 1280
07-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Heh, saucer seperation concepts for the Enterprise-F huh?

Did you see my post regarding the Borg Diamond btw? i know it's not really meant to be out yet, but probably useful to be able to tweak it now before it goes live :-)
Indeed I heard it was leaked on foundry... i haven't been instructed to remove it. It will inherit the new material updates the rest of the borg have received... but I don't think I'll be adding the lattice.... it wouldn't be IP.

About the blue... I'll see what I can do. It might stay green though
Closed Thread