Lt. Commander
# 121
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Here you have two pictures of the Sovereign pylons phaser array.

http://www.ditl.org/Gengrafix/GSovereignPhotons7.jpg

http://www.ditl.org/gpns/GSovereignArrays3.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 122
I am tempted to start a rumor thread that claims that ship interiors are being held back due to fans screaming for T5 refits and saucer separation...
Lt. Commander
# 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
So it's not so much polygon budgets, or data budgets, but I'd say that it's mostly because our team is shrinking, and we still have to continue to put out a lot of other content for the future, that it will be really hard for me to get the political pull to get a couple programmers, an FX guy, and myself a couple weeks to make new models for this cause.

But if enough people complain abut it *wink wink*
Well, I have to say tht's surprising (and a bit saddening) to hear; and recently bith Zinc (prior to his departure) and DSthal were stating rather recently that the STO team had been maintaining it's post launch size.

I do appreciate your continued honesty very much though.
Lt. Commander
# 124
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Good point. I haven't really touched Klingon ships in a while, but I know that in the near future I should be retouching some of the already existing Klingon ships. And yes there is plans to give some new playable race ships to Klingons as well.

I think it is reasonable to expect some T5 refits for the Klingons. I'll talk to my bosses and see if I can let you all know what to expect.
Well, that is much appreciated. It's just that to me, that if 2.0 is released with the ideas I have seen on tribble, instead of getting people to play klingons...you will drive them away; sending them (and quite possibly me) into forums spamming caveat emptorum to friends and the general public.

I just think a little information for the "red-headed step child side.." as my fed friends call it as far as to what and when and why later on in season 2 would go a long way to placating them.

Again, thanks for the response to the post.
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
But the ablative armour is just as iconic and a just as interesting power? Going onto the same tier of retro fits? Where is poor quality would be painfully obvious? I just dont understand why saucer sep got a full working week, including model changes and making a whole replacement for a variant. While ablative got 4 hours to knock out a crumby texture on ONE of the variants. Im not having a go at you. Im just having a moan. I just dont think its fair, that saucer sep got the better deal.
I do think its unfair. But honestly, you're talking about the Enterprise vs. Voyager. Which one do you think is going to get the love? (even with the fact that our good Capn likes Voyager). Respectfully, the saucer separation is more iconic than the ablative armor.

And we're talking about something that's on Tribble, not live. Now we all know that it probably won't be cleaned up in time for Season 2's launch, but Capn did say that he's got some polish time coming and this is on his to do list. But complaining about something on Tribble is like eating a half-baked cake. Of course it's going to taste bad.

Far more importantly - this thread is about identifying errors and issues. Let's not hijack it with complaints about scheduling / execuitive decisions. Want to start a new "Fix the ablative armor" thread, go to town. I'll add my two bars of latinum to that.
Lt. Commander
# 126
07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
I read ya Mike. Honestly I think that if production knew that it would take as long as it did to do saucer sep, they wouldn't have done it lol.

Worry not though, I'll honestly do my best to get ablative armor hooked up. You can look back over the last couple months of posts and you'll see that I posted like back in April that I was gonna start politicking for Saucer Sep and we got it. I'll begin the same campaign for ablative.
Sorry to nag Capn. I really do think your top notch so please dont take any of this personally. You really do hit the magic mark in my eyes
Lt. Commander
# 127
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Here you have two pictures of the Sovereign pylons phaser array.

http://www.ditl.org/Gengrafix/GSovereignPhotons7.jpg

http://www.ditl.org/gpns/GSovereignArrays3.jpg
bummer - links dont work
Lt. Commander
# 128
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Well, I have to say tht's surprising (and a bit saddening) to hear; and recently bith Zinc (prior to his departure) and DSthal were stating rather recently that the STO team had been maintaining it's post launch size.

I do appreciate your continued honesty very much though.
The STO team itself may be maintaining the same general size, but the different sub-teams (ship modeling team, for instance) may be shrinking do to a couple people here and there being switched around due to different priorities.
Lt. Commander
# 129
07-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
I do think its unfair. But honestly, you're talking about the Enterprise vs. Voyager. Which one do you think is going to get the love? (even with the fact that our good Capn likes Voyager). Respectfully, the saucer separation is more iconic than the ablative armor.

And we're talking about something that's on Tribble, not live. Now we all know that it probably won't be cleaned up in time for Season 2's launch, but Capn did say that he's got some polish time coming and this is on his to do list. But complaining about something on Tribble is like eating a half-baked cake. Of course it's going to taste bad.

Far more importantly - this thread is about identifying errors and issues. Let's not hijack it with complaints about scheduling / execuitive decisions. Want to start a new "Fix the ablative armor" thread, go to town. I'll add my two bars of latinum to that.
A "fix the ablative armor" thread would be a grand idea.
Lt. Commander
# 130
07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Logan, great work on the Galaxy Saucer Seperation, not to mention the nearly flawless Galaxy Model. There is one thing that I noticed about the stardrive section of the Galaxy that was missing and was wondering if you could confirm that there is a fix on the way.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/w...SaucerSepb.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...tor_shield.jpg

Looking at the above pic, which is a fantastic model by the way, it seems that the Battle Bridge was overlooked. Any word on this?
Closed Thread