Lt. Commander
# 141
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
As I said before, yellow deflector that actually looks like in the movies. Not sure if that's your dept. or not but if you have any say in this at all PLEASE do what you can to make it happen.

I personally can live w/ it for a while as a place holder but hopefully it won't end up like the "Spock" npc you guys have for the mission where you travel back in time and help out the Enterprise being attacked by Klingons from the future. That "Spock" is not only wearing the wrong uniform (both in color and style) but doesn't remotely resemble the character either.
Yeah I think that's because if we use Nimoy's likeness we have to pay him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Lt. Commander
# 142
07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
add my rant to the list of people who want the armor done RIGHT. (insert random profanities here and a tantrum to boot)

please make it look right.. PLEASE
Lt. Commander
# 143
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Galaxy-class Secondary Hull Issue

The hull rim around the front of the secondary hull/deflector area and the deflector array itself is modeled incorrectly compared to the canon version of the ship. It's too thick/fat/chunky.

Here is the in-game version:

Deflector Rim and Array 1 & Deflector Rim and Array 2

Compared to the series ship model:

Deflector Rim and Array 1, Deflector Rim and Array 2, Deflector Rim and Array 3, and Deflector Rim and Array 4.

And the CGI version of the ship:

Deflector Rim and Array 1, and Deflector Rim and Array 2.
Lt. Commander
# 144
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
But the ablative armour is just as iconic and a just as interesting power? Going onto the same tier of retro fits? Where is poor quality would be painfully obvious? I just dont understand why saucer sep got a full working week, including model changes and making a whole replacement for a variant. While ablative got 4 hours to knock out a crumby texture on ONE of the variants. Im not having a go at you. Im just having a moan. I just dont think its fair, that saucer sep got the better deal.
I'm gonna say it. You're being ungrateful and petty.
Lt. Commander
# 145
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
I'm gonna say it. You're being ungrateful and petty.
ERM... i pay a subscription like everyone else. I wouldn't pay good money for a TV with a smashed screen.... But your entitled to your opinion, as am i.
Lt. Commander
# 146 Flame off!!!
07-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Back to Models errors, issues and feedback
Lt. Commander
# 147
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Yeah noticed the battle bridge was missing too, don't have a real good shot of it from the model but this is sort of what it's meant to look like: You need to copy the link and paste it: Galaxy/Celestial Battle Bridge.

http://www.imagebanana.com/img/w8ck66s3/DSCF3235.JPG
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/e4uk5hz/DSCF3236.JPG
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/6zglodb4/DSCF3237.JPG
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/wwfu8whf/DSCF3238.JPG
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/gyharok/DSCF3239.JPG
http://www.imagebanana.com/img/xh40b31u/DSCF3240.JPG

this is as accurate as i have ever seen the Battle Bridge
Lt. Commander
# 148
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Whew lots of stuff here with which I need to catch up, now. :3 I must say, though, I love seeing how lively the thread has become. ^.^ Very very happy to see the good Capn posting so many times, too.

I have a good / bad idea for a compromise on the ablative armour issue, though (Which could help take some pressure off of our beloved Capn! )

Obviously taking fan submissions for new types of ships is a no no because it would take far too long to ensure they aren't plagiarized, but how about taking fan submissions for currently STO licensed models?

As an example, the three LRSV models could be released as a devkit for interested fans, an agreement is entered, a polygon and texture size budget is specified and then the fans could submit fully rigged AA LRSVs ready for part hot swapping and customisation. Since the model would have to be based on the current models, it could be ensured that plagiarism was avoided. (Not to steal any of the Capn's thunder)

Then again, the Capn may want to baby the AALRSV project himself. I know I would, being a massive Voyager fan. ^.^

The fan submission model could work for other models deemed too costly or time consuming by the obviously non-Trekkie production team, such as the iconic Klingon and Romulan ships and the Constitution saucer separation discussed by Andrew Probert. (In fact, if you remember in "The Apple" Kirk tells Scotty to separate the saucer and get away if he needs to, so starfleet ships were always meant to have saucer seps.... So let's get on doing it for all the ships! Kidding xD )

.... Actually, fan submissions for non-existent ships could be accomplished in much the same manner: Cryptic could release a base model, chassis, hull, saucer, etc devkit and stipulate that the submissions have to utilise and be built around the base. So long as, what is it 30-40%(?) remains original because of the base, that would kill any plagiarism / infringement worries. :3

The agreement referenced above would explain that the winning submission will only receive cred and props (Propers) as well as maybe some in game goodies or something to keep the accountants happy that Cryptic wouldn't be giving away the boat paying cash out to submitters.
Lt. Commander
# 149 Yes!
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Good point. I haven't really touched Klingon ships in a while, but I know that in the near future I should be retouching some of the already existing Klingon ships. And yes there is plans to give some new playable race ships to Klingons as well.

I think it is reasonable to expect some T5 refits for the Klingons. I'll talk to my bosses and see if I can let you all know what to expect.
That is really really great to hear! A lot of us have been talking about Klingon ship improvements and additions for quite some time.

Retrofit ideas - thread #1 ... thread #2 ... thread #3

Ship Ideas - thread #1 ... thread #2

That's just a very small sampling of threads I've been in, there are tons more in the Klingon faction forums.
Lt. Commander
# 150
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Gotta dash or crash, here, so I'll get back to updating when I return or wake up. xD
Closed Thread