Lt. Commander
# 1521
11-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Not sure if this has been spotted or if its some kind of localised issue but the alignment of the phaser lance and the unit behind the bridge of the galaxy-x is starting to bug me

http://i.imgur.com/SclQJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZWy5r.jpg

Have been toying with the idea of buying the venture just for the sake of it looks to not have this issue...
Lt. Commander
# 1522
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MBK-
Not sure if this has been spotted or if its some kind of localised issue but the alignment of the phaser lance and the unit behind the bridge of the galaxy-x is starting to bug me

http://i.imgur.com/SclQJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZWy5r.jpg

Have been toying with the idea of buying the venture just for the sake of it looks to not have this issue...
the lance on the right ( that is the left one if your looking at the ship from the rear) is closer to the edge. Whoever the artists are seems to me they are doing a half the job.

One thing I never understood about sto is that the ships don't look are accurate to their latest counterparts from the shows and movies e.g. the sovereign in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 1523
11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Has anyone bothered to poke Logan about the new skin for the Intrepids being horribroke when combining the old pylons with it? I mean, 'holy carp on a dorf, that's broke' bad.
Lt. Commander
# 1524
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Heres a couple images to help with the B'rel.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...bop-docked.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...f/bop-side.gif

Im a little disturbed that this ship hasnt gotten a full revamp, its got 2 iterations in game and is the most iconic Klingon ship ever.
Lt. Commander
1 - forward torpedos launcher are too high (firing in our own hull)
2 - aft beam banks incorrectly located (even worst if you have the borg console visual enabled) The aft banks are seen in the upper rear part of the hull but when you use the beam banks the ship is firing from the upper rear part of the saucer close/from the escape pods.
3 - The saucer seems to have two impulse engines but there are no impulse trail or visual effect from the aegis/breen engine sets.
Lt. Commander
# 1526
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey gang,

Couple things I noticed the other day for the good Captain to look at.

1. T3 Nebula - It has no Impulse Engines. I don't see a red contrail behind it or notice any red impulse engine anywhere. I also could not see where the torpedo launchers are.
2. Luna Class - The whole back end (or maybe the whole ship) seems like it could use some love. The textures look pretty low quality compared to new ships. Also the rear shuttle bay looks way too plain. I can't really see that the round section are shuttle bay doors.
3. General comment - Could we look at getting the dual beam arrays to fire from the collimiter rings on some of the big saucer ships? I was just watching an episode of Voyager the other day and they fired a double beam style shot and it just came out of the upper hull colimiers. It looked awesome. Galaxy, Nebula, and Voyager could all use this. Heck, any Federation ship with upper hull collimiters would look better.

Thanks for the great work!

Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 1527
11-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
1. T3 Nebula - It has no Impulse Engines. I don't see a red contrail behind it or notice any red impulse engine anywhere. I also could not see where the torpedo launchers are.
As Nebula arrived in STO, to everyone's surprise, the impulse engines are hidden by design. As in the design of the television model itself. While it does look out of place it's actually interpreted correctly. Since the engines behave differently there wouldn't be a red trail.

I was hoping for the Magellen saucer (option for T5 Nebula) to display standard impulse engines as an option for player's. Especially if a +1 Nebula is introduced at t3 in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 1528
11-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Just purchased a vigilant class and when my ship warp's out the nacelles have this blue line when warping as if it was a galaxy or sovereign etc nacelle. Instead just the back should glow when warp out.
Lt. Commander
# 1529
11-06-2011, 06:58 AM
And the infamous window "TypeX", "Type X" incompatability bug makes a triumphant return once more.

Exploration Retrofit Venture (possibly also Exploration, but NOT refit):
Galaxy/Monarch use "TypeX" naming convention.
Venture uses "Type X".
The Neck chooses which convention to use. All opposing convention parts will defer to Type1/Type 1.

LRSV Retrofit Bellerophon (possibly also LRSV and LRSV Refit):
Intrepid/Cochrane/Discovery use "TypeX" naming convention.
Bellerophon uses "Type X".
The Hull chooses which convention to use. All opposing convention parts will defer to Type1/Type 1.

Bugreported on Holodeck: [15:46] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,222,220.

Meanwhile..

Venture saucer - see-through hole at top middle back if kitbashing.

Bellerophon broken right pylon angling (Bellerophon pylon angled too low, hull too high) has been fixed on Tribble (for Retrofit at least, don't know if also for LRSV and Refit)
Lt. Commander
# 1530
11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm wondering about the space (or lack thereof) on the first page and whether or not I should cull a lot of the "never going to be fixed" issues from it to fit the new ones.

What do you think, Jes?