Lt. Commander
# 391
08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Here's an in-game shot: In-Game Neckline Compared to a couple from the studio model here: Model Neckline 1 And here: Model Neckline 2.
While you are looking at those pics, please notice that the center impulse engine is too rounded in STO. on the original model, and in the series, it was more rectangular.
Lt. Commander
# 392
08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I most certainly did add them. :p
>checked again< Well, yeah... I see them listed under the Sovereign class. But I don't see them on any of the Assault Cruisers, and I (personally) don't use Sovereign parts on my ship. I'd hate for the Sov to be the only one to get the love... Could you note the nav strobes more generally under AC, instead of a canon/Sov sub-AC category? (Thanks for tolerating my annoying pickiness...)

P.S. For the record, it's not that I dislike the Sovereign. It's a great looking ship. I just happen to want my Tactical Officer to pilot something less streamlined... So I love the Imperial "armor bits" on the neck and hull, and the other parts I've selected, IMHO, give my ship a brutish tank look. I'm very happy STO let's us customize our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 393
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
>checked again< Well, yeah... I see them listed under the Sovereign class. But I don't see them on any of the Assault Cruisers, and I (personally) don't use Sovereign parts on my ship. I'd hate for the Sov to be the only one to get the love... Could you note the nav strobes more generally under AC, instead of a canon/Sov sub-AC category? (Thanks for tolerating my annoying pickiness...)

P.S. For the record, it's not that I dislike the Sovereign. It's a great looking ship. I just happen to want my Tactical Officer to pilot something less streamlined... So I love the Imperial "armor bits" on the neck and hull, and the other parts I've selected, IMHO, give my ship a brutish tank look. I'm very happy STO let's us customize our ships.
just a lil point id like to draw out. The new ships like the Imperial for instance, are STO made. they are not at all related to the real Star Trek shows, so it is hard to compare them to anything. The Sovereign [one of the best ships in game, imo] Has a few lil flaws that arent equal with the Sovereign in the movies, so Cryptic can fix those based upon the movies.

Plus, that Is a reason I wish cryptic would make more "real star trek" ships. they can bring back the memories we all may have about certain episodes. And it really is a bummer to a trekkie when the only "real ST" ships in the game are inaccurate compared to the series/movies.
Lt. Commander
# 394
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
While you are looking at those pics, please notice that the center impulse engine is too rounded in STO. on the original model, and in the series, it was more rectangular.
That's already been fixed, I'm just using an older pre-season 2 image I already had to point out the neckline because that's still the same.
Lt. Commander
# 395
08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:

Changes like the strobes or nav lights will be universal to the rest of the T4Cs, just like adding or removing weapon hardpoints. If the cap adds the strobing nav lights to one, he'll have to add them to all 3.
Lt. Commander
# 396
08-09-2010, 12:43 PM
the escape pods on the sovereign class are triangular shaped. they also line the bottom of the secondary hull. i would hate to be in the stern and have to run to the saucer to abandon ship.
Lt. Commander
# 397
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
just a lil point id like to draw out. The new ships like the Imperial for instance, are STO made. they are not at all related to the real Star Trek shows, so it is hard to compare them to anything. The Sovereign [one of the best ships in game, imo] Has a few lil flaws that arent equal with the Sovereign in the movies, so Cryptic can fix those based upon the movies.

Plus, that Is a reason I wish cryptic would make more "real star trek" ships. they can bring back the memories we all may have about certain episodes. And it really is a bummer to a trekkie when the only "real ST" ships in the game are inaccurate compared to the series/movies.
Thanks Ace. I totally get what you're saying about the Imperial being made up, so no canon ship to refer to. I'm not asking to trim X feet off this vent and clear the grating from that port or anything so specific, especially not knowing what Cryptic had in mind to begin with when they created the Imperial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Changes like the strobes or nav lights will be universal to the rest of the T4Cs, just like adding or removing weapon hardpoints. If the cap adds the strobing nav lights to one, he'll have to add them to all 3.
Really? I didn't know that was how it worked. Thanks for explaining it Angel! And again, I really do appreciate you "moderating" this thread for the Good Capn, et al.
Lt. Commander
# 398
08-09-2010, 05:16 PM
On an unrelated note, one thing I was always curious about concerning the Galaxy-class, why wasn't the actual deflector dish itself modeled like the Intrepid-class deflector dish is in-game?

Just so you know what I'm talking about, it's the part inside the deflector housing, the actual dish itself: Galaxy-class model deflector
Lt. Commander
# 399
08-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Really? I didn't know that was how it worked. Thanks for explaining it Angel! And again, I really do appreciate you "moderating" this thread for the Good Capn, et al.
It would be like the impulse exhausts. When he moved them from the intrepid's saucer to its pylon's, they had to be similarly moved for the Discovery and Cochrane. There couldn't be 2 on the discover / cochrane saucer and 0 on the Intrepid and vice versa for the pylons. Things like registries / name patches, windows, escape pods, nav lights, weapon hardpoints are all set across the variants. If one has them, they all have to have them.

It's probably why the sabre hull forces the entire ship to have type 1 windows. Of the three T1E, it is the only one with 0 windows on its hull, so when you choose that hull, it forces the rest of the ship to have type 1 (Since it can't remove them altogether). (That is my hypothesis, anyway. :p)

I'm sure that if I'm incorrect, the good Capn will come in to correct me. ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 400
08-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
On an unrelated note, one thing I was always curious about concerning the Galaxy-class, why wasn't the actual deflector dish itself modeled like the Intrepid-class deflector dish is in-game?

Just so you know what I'm talking about, it's the part inside the deflector housing, the actual dish itself: Galaxy-class model deflector
Originally it was likely due to the original modeller cheaping out on it, like they did on the rest of the model. Afterwards, it was likely because of poly or time budgets or possibly because it wasn't really thought of. (We never mentioned it)
Closed Thread