Lt. Commander
# 431
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
LOL that looks silly - i'll do my best to get a fix for that patched in to 2.1
Knew I could count on you, Capt!

One more thing I just noticed, and it's something to be aware of when you do make the fix... but the actually registry number isn't actually attached to the nacelle, either.

Proof.

Keep up the great work, and may you continue to be rewarded with frosty beverages.
Lt. Commander
# 432
08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredruid View Post
all I ever see is post upon post of fed ships seeing fixes and upgrades several times per ship, and klingon ships get next to no mention on new ships, much less fixes to current ships, or customizations added to new and existing ships...
There are only 4 canon Klingon ships in the game and they are listed on the first page along with the non-canon ships.

Very few Klingon players come here and post issues, unfortunately, so we have to hope that new ones do.

The capn has already said that Klingon ships are next, although I'm not sure if that was before or after he started work on the Luna.

Now that I'm reminded, I should probably find some extensive model shots of the Bird of Prey and the K't'inga.
Lt. Commander
# 433
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
Knew I could count on you, Capt!

One more thing I just noticed, and it's something to be aware of when you do make the fix... but the actually registry number isn't actually attached to the nacelle, either.

Proof.

Keep up the great work, and may you continue to be rewarded with frosty beverages.
Added.

Pretty please use imgur or tinypic to help save on space in the first posts. It also saves me time re-hosting them on imgur.
Lt. Commander
# 434
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Updated the Klingon post with model shots of the K't'inga and K'Vort / B'rel bird of prey.

Also made it easier to read the sub-headings.

Also added the following:

Wing movement:
At the base of each wing is an arched dual grille structure. The top grille is attached to the primary hull and the lower grille to the base of the wing. When the wing lifts for cruising, atmospheric flight or landing, the lower grille slides into the upper grille. When variable geometry is being developed for the BoP wings, please utilise this movement method.

I also have many model shots of low mid and high wing geo posted above to back that up. :3

High

Mid

Low
Lt. Commander
# 435
08-11-2010, 05:28 PM
After looking at the Vor'cha and Negh'var side by side comparison pics in this thread I must say that the in game models really are awful. The geometry on so many areas is wrong, I hate to say it but I think the only way to correct most or all of the problems is to re-make the models from scratch. Compare the Klingon ship models from ST:Legacy to the ones in STO for example, the ones in Legacy are way more intimidating...powerful and dark looking. Its important to convey that feel in Klingon ship models... Capnlogan please dont neglect the Vor'cha and Negh'var as they are IMO the two ships that need the most help.
Lt. Commander
Here's something else i noticed...

The Prometheus saucer section and Hephaestus upper/lower hulls don't look quite right when together. Both of those components have the 'Orion' pattern on it. The joint area appears 'unfinished' and the pattern is misaligned between the saucer and hull(s).

Here's a link (zoom in one notch) --> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks to CapnLogan for trying to fix all of the major (and minor) appearance issues!!!

** Maybe another case of cold-ones is in order. Not that you ever need an occasion to do that
Lt. Commander
# 437
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
After looking at the Vor'cha and Negh'var side by side comparison pics in this thread I must say that the in game models really are awful. The geometry on so many areas is wrong, I hate to say it but I think the only way to correct most or all of the problems is to re-make the models from scratch. Compare the Klingon ship models from ST:Legacy to the ones in STO for example, the ones in Legacy are way more intimidating...powerful and dark looking. Its important to convey that feel in Klingon ship models... Capnlogan please dont neglect the Vor'cha and Negh'var as they are IMO the two ships that need the most help.
I feel the K't'inga and BoP need the most love, but it's because they are the work horses of the empire. The Vor'cha and Negh'var are relative newcomers; they do need a hell of a work over, but no where near the heavy duty rebuild as the BoP / K't'inga. Opinions won't really count for much, though, since all of the Klingon ships will be getting some Capn Lovin. He's got lots of really high res model shots to use as reference for the canonical ships (Though with the german site, he may have to grab them from the page source to see them full size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheaven
Here's something else i noticed...

The Prometheus saucer section and Hephaestus upper/lower hulls don't look quite right when together. Both of those components have the 'Orion' pattern on it. The joint area appears 'unfinished' and the pattern is misaligned between the saucer and hull(s).

Here's a link (zoom in one notch) --> http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks to CapnLogan for trying to fix all of the major (and minor) appearance issues!!!

** Maybe another case of cold-ones is in order. Not that you ever need an occasion to do that
Added to the front page
Lt. Commander
# 438
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Can the Galaxy R saucer section be changed so it looks the same when rejoining the battle section?
Lt. Commander
# 439
08-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Texture at the bottom of the Galaxy hull isn't lining up right.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/w...2-11-03-45.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 440
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Texture at the bottom of the Galaxy hull isn't lining up right.

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/w...2-11-03-45.jpg
Added. Please don't forget imgur/tinypic.
Closed Thread