Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 561
09-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Maybe you could just start a new post, somewhere here at post 560 or whatever, and start putting the Tier 5 ships in there. Then the end of your first post or two, there, just put a link to post 560 - sort of a "More issues here" and as things are fixed you can put them back in the original ones.
Not quite that desperate, yet.

Hopefully we'll get some word from the good Capn on updates and fixes with which he's been tasked. ^.^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 562
09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Not quite that desperate, yet.

Hopefully we'll get some word from the good Capn on updates and fixes with which he's been tasked. ^.^
Not likely IMO, the communication levels have fallen quite a bit since season 2 launched. I wouldnt expect any sort of teasers as much as I wouldnt mind knowing whats going on. For example, we still have no idea what happened with the Luna fixes going live. Theres a chance that hes totally swamped with stuff to do, and has little time to be on the forums.

edit: actually he said season 2.1 for the Luna, but we have no idea when season 2.1 is supposed to even show up on the tribble.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 563
09-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Not likely IMO, the communication levels have fallen quite a bit since season 2 launched. I wouldnt expect any sort of teasers as much as I wouldnt mind knowing whats going on. For example, we still have no idea what happened with the Luna fixes going live. Theres a chance that hes totally swamped with stuff to do, and has little time to be on the forums.

edit: actually he said season 2.1 for the Luna, but we have no idea when season 2.1 is supposed to even show up on the tribble.
I would expect that all work on things like the Luna has been put to one side while they attempted to rush out the Excelsior and Nebula.

Wouldn't be surprised if general ship exterior fixes are now pushed back behind even the KDF ships as those are clearly the next priority once the Nebula is out (or at least I would hope that is the case).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 564
09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
I seen the pic, thx - it reminded me, don't you just love it that we do not actually "dock" our ships? Isn't beaming over good enought for us customers??? NO NO NO it's not good enough. And there are no shuttles at the star base - ever hear of no shuttles at any starbase??? it's so un-Star Trek like to beam everywhere, especially having a 1000 crew it would take hours to beam everyone (as an example) and who stays on board at a starbase if they do not have duty? it's like an R&R to get out somewhere different - even most officers get off at a docking port (at least that is the presumed psychology (realisum))
There are runabouts flying around Earth Spacedock...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 565
09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
There are runabouts flying around Earth Spacedock...
runabouts are still far FAR larger than 1 & 2 person work bees.

Plus the runabouts seem to bumble around as if they've got no real reason for being there except joyriding. :p

Each of the occupied dry docks should be swarming with tiny 1 to 2 person work bees.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 566
09-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone else think there are enough issues with the very soon to be released Nebula class? I was thinking about making a thread about it under cruiser section, but I dont want it to fall on deaf ears and Capnlogan hasnt been around to read our feedback lately. (note I do not desire these to be posed on the front page, but just to make a point) But All of the noticable issues I compiled into these images:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-01.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...untitled-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...f/untitled.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-36.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-03.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-12.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...7-20-17-53.jpg

Cryptic made new starfleet arrow decals (seen on the new Excelsior) so these can also be applied to the existing Galaxy and Nebula models as well, they do add alot to the look.

IMO, this new model made by Capnlogan looks rushed...like he took a day or two at most and slapped the Galaxy pieces together and called it done without polishing the pieces used. I think that, if they are going to be selling this for 1200 CP it needs to be of much higher quality, at least up to par with the currently superior detail that the Excelsior has. This model looks bland, but with some work it could look cool. Perhaps I have too much of an eye for detail, or perhaps I care too much...either way the lack of detail on the ship is enough to make me want to fly something else and not bother looking into acquiring this vessel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 567
09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Anyone else think there are enough issues with the very soon to be released Nebula class? I was thinking about making a thread about it under cruiser section, but I dont want it to fall on deaf ears and Capnlogan hasnt been around to read our feedback lately. (note I do not desire these to be posed on the front page, but just to make a point) But All of the noticable issues I compiled into these images:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-01.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...untitled-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...f/untitled.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-36.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-03.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-12.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...7-20-17-53.jpg

Cryptic made new starfleet arrow decals (seen on the new Excelsior) so these can also be applied to the existing Galaxy and Nebula models as well, they do add alot to the look.

IMO, this new model made by Capnlogan looks rushed...like he took a day or two at most and slapped the Galaxy pieces together and called it done without polishing the pieces used. I think that, if they are going to be selling this for 1200 CP it needs to be of much higher quality, at least up to par with the currently superior detail that the Excelsior has. This model looks bland, but with some work it could look cool. Perhaps I have too much of an eye for detail, or perhaps I care too much...either way the lack of detail on the ship is enough to make me want to fly something else and not bother looking into acquiring this vessel.
As much as I hate being pedantic (it's just easier to not say anything), if I may I would like to offer a couple of wording suggestions. (With the best intentions, I promise. )

Front edge could be replaced with leading edge for smoother, more memorable, stick in the head wording.
Bridge cake bothered me since our good capn first said it. >.< The proper term is "superstructure" (which refers to any structure that rises above the deck; so technically the vertical structure holding up the weapons and sensor nacelle is also a superstructure.)


OK I'm done being pedantic and annoying, now, I'm sorry. Please forgive? ^.^


(Also, the windows you want on the lowest deck of the saucer don't actually exist on the Nebula, that's actually the ventral surface of the Captain's Yacht. Neither the CGI Model has them nor the physical model has them. Though, admittedly, all of the physical model shots have that section removed because part of the supporting armature mounts beneath it.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 568
09-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Anyone else think there are enough issues with the very soon to be released Nebula class? I was thinking about making a thread about it under cruiser section, but I dont want it to fall on deaf ears and Capnlogan hasnt been around to read our feedback lately. (note I do not desire these to be posed on the front page, but just to make a point) But All of the noticable issues I compiled into these images:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-01.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...untitled-1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...f/untitled.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-16-36.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-03.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...6-20-17-12.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...7-20-17-53.jpg

Cryptic made new starfleet arrow decals (seen on the new Excelsior) so these can also be applied to the existing Galaxy and Nebula models as well, they do add alot to the look.

IMO, this new model made by Capnlogan looks rushed...like he took a day or two at most and slapped the Galaxy pieces together and called it done without polishing the pieces used. I think that, if they are going to be selling this for 1200 CP it needs to be of much higher quality, at least up to par with the currently superior detail that the Excelsior has. This model looks bland, but with some work it could look cool. Perhaps I have too much of an eye for detail, or perhaps I care too much...either way the lack of detail on the ship is enough to make me want to fly something else and not bother looking into acquiring this vessel.
I've mentioned a few times now about the differences between the studio model version and the CGI version that CapnLogan used as his reference, It'd be nice to have a variant based on the studio model:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...59#post2915559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Interesting that the Excelsior gets two versions/variants but the Nebula only has one. The Nebula-class CGI version (which the current in-game version is based on) changed a lot about the ship that it pretty much makes it a refit of the original. The secondary hull is a very different shape and the saucer section is thicker around the edge on the physical model. For example:

Nebula-class from mid-TNG to early DS9: Nebula Physical Model 1 & Nebula Physical Model 2.

Nebula-class from late DS9 to Voyager: Nebula CGI Model 1 and Nebula CGI Model 2.
STO Nebula-class:

http://imgur.com/w8HOr.jpg

http://imgur.com/yGwzq.jpg

Series/Film Sutherland/Farragut/Prometheus/Lexington/Endeavour variant:

http://imgur.com/Q4niH.jpg

http://imgur.com/iOqIM.jpg

http://imgur.com/EJMMk.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 569
09-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I've mentioned a few times now about the differences between the studio model version and the CGI version that CapnLogan used as his reference, It'd be nice to have a variant based on the studio model:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...59#post2915559



STO Nebula-class:

http://imgur.com/w8HOr.jpg

http://imgur.com/yGwzq.jpg

Series/Film Sutherland/Farragut/Prometheus/Lexington/Endeavour variant:

http://imgur.com/Q4niH.jpg

http://imgur.com/iOqIM.jpg

http://imgur.com/EJMMk.jpg


I do have the links to the Nebula and Excelsior studio models on the first page. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 570
09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
runabouts are still far FAR larger than 1 & 2 person work bees.

Plus the runabouts seem to bumble around as if they've got no real reason for being there except joyriding. :p

Each of the occupied dry docks should be swarming with tiny 1 to 2 person work bees.
There are plans to adjust the scale of the runanabout as well as a few other ships that are in need of an adjustment. This will most likely not patch for about 4-6 weeks.

On a side note, you might have noticed that the updates related to ships are not as frequent as before. This is due to the fact that we have started the next milestone and have been quite busy working on many different tasks for the next release. Although we are not posting as much, we continue to monitor these threads and are still updating and improving ships. However, unlike before where we would patch little fixes here and there, the updates for ships are now spaced further apart.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 PM.