Lt. Commander
# 571
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
There are plans to adjust the scale of the runanabout as well as a few other ships that are in need of an adjustment. This will most likely not patch for about 4-6 weeks.
It's about time the Runabout's scale is being adjusted. That craft is way too big and when playing the klingon mission "Your Enemies Closer" it doesn't make a lot of sense for a ship that could fit in the suttlebay on your ship to suddenly be as long as a warp nacelle of a Miranda in space.

Quote:
On a side note, you might have noticed that the updates related to ships are not as frequent as before. This is due to the fact that we have started the next milestone and have been quite busy working on many different tasks for the next release. Although we are not posting as much, we continue to monitor these threads and are still updating and improving ships. However, unlike before where we would patch little fixes here and there, the updates for ships are now spaced further apart.

Thanks.
So you guys are already working on season 3, sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 572
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Are we able to change the name of the runabout too? Seems bugged or is it just me?
Lt. Commander
# 573
09-13-2010, 11:17 AM
So far as I know, you can't change the names of the runabouts. I'd love to be able to do... in fact I have several names lined up for the day I can, but for now I can't.
Lt. Commander
# 574
09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
There are plans to adjust the scale of the runanabout as well as a few other ships that are in need of an adjustment. This will most likely not patch for about 4-6 weeks.

On a side note, you might have noticed that the updates related to ships are not as frequent as before. This is due to the fact that we have started the next milestone and have been quite busy working on many different tasks for the next release. Although we are not posting as much, we continue to monitor these threads and are still updating and improving ships. However, unlike before where we would patch little fixes here and there, the updates for ships are now spaced further apart.

Thanks.
Can you share what's in the works, ship wise? I remember it being mentioned that the focus was moving to fixing Klingon ships, I do hope that is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 575
09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
We have been working on a lot of technical improvements. Sorry, I can't be specific, but he upcoming changes and additions should help make the ships more dynamic and increase customization options. We had a lot of "it would be cool if" meetings and ended up getting some of them on the schedule.

We have also been working hard on the Klingon fleet with new ships and options coming soon.

More polish for existing Federation and Klingon ships. As I mentioned before, this will most likely release in larger chunks instead of little fixes here and there.

Sorry I can't give you more details but we like to keep some things a suprise.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 576
09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
We have been working on a lot of technical improvements. Sorry, I can't be specific, but he upcoming changes and additions should help make the ships more dynamic and increase customization options. We had a lot of "it would be cool if" meetings and ended up getting some of them on the schedule.

We have also been working hard on the Klingon fleet with new ships and options coming soon.
You mean stuff like exchangeable parts as common on Federation ships? That would be really really appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 577
09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Dont know if someone mentioned it before, but if you equip dual beams on galaxy, they do fire from the edges of the saucer instead from the phaser strip on the saucer. It looks very...unrealistic and somewhat stupid....
Lt. Commander
# 578
09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
great news, now that I have obtained an all female orion crew-well we do keep one male slave around. I really need an orion battleship to fly around in making grandeous claims about crushing my opponents. "Empress Mariana" does have a nice ring to it...
Lt. Commander
# 579
09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Didn't Dstahl or someone post about the STO team looking in to Loot equipment changing the appearance of your ship? That might take advanyage of these "dynamic ... customization options."
Lt. Commander
# 580
09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Dont forget the strobelights on the Assault Cruisers skins!
Closed Thread