Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Ah... You stated that earlier models had the issue so I was under the impression that all of the ancient ENT styled BoPs suffered from it.
Ah.

I know the T5 and T4 do, not sure if the T3 does or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
06-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
Ah.

I know the T5 and T4 do, not sure if the T3 does or not.
Thank you for the clarification. I have corrected the entry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
So what's the good word, Cap'n?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
07-02-2010, 09:42 AM
This is a very cool thread and I want to contribute.

The pylons of the constitution class are not joining properly to the hull. They are asymetrically joined.



The next ones are for klingon ships, as I believe they deserve to be fixed, too (not just the K'tinga).

The most terrible error are the federation escape pods on the ships. Klingons don't have pods, at least on raptors (as shown on ENT), but even if they do they look KLINGON. They can be seen here on the hull of the Haj/Hegh-Ta Bird-of-Prey and the Negh'Var variant. Also note the circled clipping issues on the Hegh-Ta wing.

Material type 2 gives the Negh'Var variant an impropely textured torpedo launcher.

The cannons of the Haj Bird-of-Prey have torpedo launcher textures.

The B'rel Bird-of-Prey is missing it's iconic wing pattern, which i find very disappointing. Also, the warp engines need to be more detailed.

The Negh'Var is missing the disruptors on the tips of it's wings and the com antenna on the front is way too short. Reference can be found here. The glowing triangle on the rear end of the nacelles is missing, too. Here is a similar picture of the ingame Negh'Var. Note the many differences.


There are more errors on klingon ships and I would like to see more people pointing them out.

EDIT: Updated the links so there are no more popus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
The cannons of the Haj Bird-of-Prey have torpedo launcher textures.
Added everything but the above. DS9 set a precedent for disruptors being fired from emitters with that sort of appearance. Thank you for the massive Klingon entry. Keep that up and I'm going to have to run a major overhaul on its formatting. (But please do keep it up, the Klingons need a lot of attention.)

In future, though, please utilise another free picture hosting site such as imgur.com or tinypic. The pop ups on the hosting site you chose would obscure the pictures and clicking the little "x" to close them caused it to open a new window.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
07-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
In future, though, please utilise another free picture hosting site such as imgur.com or tinypic. The pop ups on the hosting site you chose would obscure the pictures and clicking the little "x" to close them caused it to open a new window.
Thanks for the tip, I just edited my post so all links are now hosted by tinypic.


Addition:

Borg

Borg cube:

Note the differences between the cube in STO and in First Contact (almost identical angle). Those blocky structures on the hull and the bright tubes just need to go. Closeups are here (STO) and here (First Contact).

The hole through which the sphere escapes is way too big, misplaced and doesn't even remotely look like the one in the movie.

The cubes are way to small. In TNG it is stated, that a cube has a side length of approximately 13 kilometers. Here is a size comparison between the U.S.S. Defiant and a cube. The Defiant is flying close to the cube's hull, firing her cannons. The screenshot is taken from First Contact again. Here is a good size comparison with a sovereign class, also showing the exact location of the sphere's hatch and it's size.


Tactical cube:

Compare this screenshot and this one to these images by Doug Drexler. Although the tactical cube in STO looks quite nice, it's far from being authentic.


The renegade borg ship is completely missing in the game, as is the diamond.


Klingons

Negh'Var Battlecruiser:

I made a picture to make it easier to compare the original studio model of the Negh'Var to the one in the game. There are a lot of differences.


NEW:
Vor'Cha Batllecruiser:

Another comparative image (HUGE).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
07-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
Thanks for the tip, I just edited my post so all links are now hosted by tinypic.


Addition:

Borg

Borg cube:

Note the differences between the cube in STO and in First Contact (almost identical angle). Those blocky structures on the hull and the bright tubes just need to go. Closeups are here (STO) and here (First Contact).

The hole through which the sphere escapes is way too big, misplaced and doesn't even remotely look like the one in the movie.

The cubes are way to small. In TNG it is stated, that a cube has a side length of approximately 13 kilometers. Here is a size comparison between the U.S.S. Defiant and a cube. The Defiant is flying close to the cube's hull, firing her cannons. The screenshot is taken from First Contact again. Here is a good size comparison with a sovereign class, also showing the exact location of the sphere's hatch and it's size.


Tactical cube:

Compare this screenshot and this one to these images by Doug Drexler. Although the tactical cube in STO looks quite nice, it's far from being authentic.


The renegade borg ship is completely missing in the game, as is the diamond.


Klingons

Negh'Var Battlecruiser:

I made a picture to make it easier to compare the original studio model of the Negh'Var to the one in the game. There are a lot of differences.




More on borg and klingon ships will follow soon, I'll also try to make more side-by-side comparisons.
Unfortunately I'm running so thin on space, I'm going to have to leave the borg out for now. Once season 2 comes out, I'm sure I'll be able to remove enough from the Starfleet errors that I can move the Klingon errors back up and utilise the space from the extra posts, but until then I'm afraid I have to nix.

In regards to the new Negh'Var picture, EXCELLENT job! Big ups to you, my friend. Now if you can do the same with the K't'inga and Bird of Prey, you... erm. will have done it with the K't'tinga and Bird of Prey, too. xD (And have much respect from me. :3 )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
07-06-2010, 12:52 AM
on ships like the excalibur class are the weird hull spots part of the wire skeleton left over from designing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
07-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
on ships like the excalibur class are the weird hull spots part of the wire skeleton left over from designing?
I'm afraid I don't understand. Can you provide a screenshot?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60 Nice!
07-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Glad to see this new thread getting populated! Thanks to AngelSilhouette for taking the time to organize this too - much appreciated.

Things have been SUPER SUPER SUPER BUSY!!! GEtting ready for Season 2 fixing bugs and making some seriously cool new stuff.

I have had very little time to get my butt on to the forums... just wanted to drop in and "give a little wave"

I'll stay updated with you guys on this thread here, and continue to drop ya'll some hints on whats to come

W00t!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 AM.