# 591
09-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Please give us a runabout interior too
Lt. Commander
# 592
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
So far as I know, you can't change the names of the runabouts. I'd love to be able to do... in fact I have several names lined up for the day I can, but for now I can't.
As I recall, it's the old Runabouts you can't rename, the ones bought before some patch. If you get one now, it's perfectly renameable (as long as you use a river's name :p ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
Yes! And more customizable exteriors! It's supposedly a modular ship, let's make it one for real!
Lt. Commander
# 593
09-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtattersall View Post
We have been working on a lot of technical improvements. Sorry, I can't be specific, but he upcoming changes and additions should help make the ships more dynamic and increase customization options. We had a lot of "it would be cool if" meetings and ended up getting some of them on the schedule.

We have also been working hard on the Klingon fleet with new ships and options coming soon.

More polish for existing Federation and Klingon ships. As I mentioned before, this will most likely release in larger chunks instead of little fixes here and there.

Sorry I can't give you more details but we like to keep some things a suprise.

Thanks.
OOoooooh, I cant wait to find out what this is.
Lt. Commander
# 594
09-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
If they do, I can guarantee the interior would be larger than the exterior allows. :p
Lt. Commander
# 595
09-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok... dunno if the Intrepid has been talked about before BUT!

My turn...

I'm a 3d modeler for games myself and have been looking over the Intrepid class model and I have to say... its got a huge amount of waist sitting on it. The model has had to sacrifice curves/accuracy for random crap... i.e. the bottom of the saucer. Whoever made that thing needs shot, they not only messed up the shape totally... but they extruded it twice which is wasting a good hundred or so polys which could be put elsewhere.

Here are my suggestions in image form as I'm not great at explaining things. The reference model that i'm using is one I'm currently making... and its sitting at around 3,000 polys so I know whoever has made this previously is just lazy.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3207/int1.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1596/int2g.jpg

EDIT: misspelled *these in the pic lol... all fixed how... sorta*
Lt. Commander
# 596
09-16-2010, 08:03 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=180947

^^ Nebula thread above for those who care about that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 597
09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
As I recall, it's the old Runabouts you can't rename, the ones bought before some patch. If you get one now, it's perfectly renameable (as long as you use a river's name :p ).

Yes! And more customizable exteriors! It's supposedly a modular ship, let's make it one for real!
While I would like to see some customisation in Runabouts, I would much rather see a similar sized shuttle offered to KDF players first.

And before anyone gives the usual "Klingons don't have shuttles" response, Klingon "shuttles" were mentioned multiple times throughout TNG. The Enterprise D even tows one into a shuttlebay in the episode Gambit Part II.

There are also numerous mentions of Klingon shuttles throughout DS9.

Obviously any vessel that isn't really capable of safely entering an atmosphere, which includes the K't'inga, Vor'Cha, and Negh'Var, is going to require some form of short-range transport vessel for the occasion when the transporters are not functional. All three of the above even have notable areas on the ship that could easily be shuttlebays.
Lt. Commander
# 598
09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Here are the model shots I've pulled from the ST-Bilder site. (Pulled them because ST-bilder tends to squash the pictures) Takes a tiny bit of digging in their source files, but it's not too hard to find. Figured I'd save CapnLogan the trouble, unfortunately I have no room to post it on the main page.

If anyone wants to put these into an easy to browse gallery that doesn't shrink the higher res pictures, please feel free to do so and tinycc it so I can put it on the first page.
Lt. Commander
# 599
09-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
If they do, I can guarantee the interior would be larger than the exterior allows. :p
You mean like the current interiors if one is using a Defiant? :p
Lt. Commander
# 600
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
You mean like the current interiors if one is using a Defiant? :p
Exonctly :3
Closed Thread