Lt. Commander
# 811
12-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
did they fix the defiant engine pod positions yet? they are too far forward on the game model, there was a nice super imposed image of the game model over the studio model showing how far forward the game model own was, any updates for that? I do not see that image anymore in the first post? Is it still being updated?
The picture you reference is still on the first page. I am not aware if it has been fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 812
12-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchase View Post
I know this sounds kind of silly but I would like the Nobel Class which is a varient on the Soverign to have a shuttle bay some where. I mean if the Soverign has one shouldn't all varients of it as well?
For that matter, what about the variants of other ships that have shuttlebays? Please tell me Cryptic doesn't hate shuttlebays... :C

Also, realistically speaking, why would Starfleet NOT put in a shuttlebay on a ship? I think even the Defiant class had one, albeit small. Then again, I think almost all of the ships that appeared in canon that you can use in-game have shuttlebays.

It just... doesn't make sense why a ship wouldn't have a shuttlebay, and I don't want to break my brain trying to figure it out. >_<
Lt. Commander
# 813
12-12-2010, 11:29 AM
i would also like to point out the weapon placements on the star cruiser. nomad class, they are not symetrical side to side.
Lt. Commander
# 814
12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
unbelievable that capnlogan can spend days tweaking a 0.0000001 percent imperfectness of a ship but cannot fix the glaring issue with the defiant, that the engine pylons are entirely wrong as seen by the super imposed image over a studio model.

and that the nose piece still is not angled correctly. capn logan you sir are my hero.

such a talented artist, judging by the enterprise nx class, beauty of a ship and you cant fix the easy stuff on the defiant, dont leave your work!
Lt. Commander
# 815
12-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runaz
i would also like to point out the weapon placements on the star cruiser. nomad class, they are not symetrical side to side.
pix pl0x :3
Lt. Commander
# 816
12-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKitsune View Post
For that matter, what about the variants of other ships that have shuttlebays? Please tell me Cryptic doesn't hate shuttlebays... :C

Also, realistically speaking, why would Starfleet NOT put in a shuttlebay on a ship? I think even the Defiant class had one, albeit small. Then again, I think almost all of the ships that appeared in canon that you can use in-game have shuttlebays.

It just... doesn't make sense why a ship wouldn't have a shuttlebay, and I don't want to break my brain trying to figure it out. >_<
The Defiant class actually had 3 shuttlebays, one primary bay and 2 shuttlepod bays, but they were all hidden from view so when looking at the Defiant you wouldn't know it actually had any.

Admitedly this is the entire point of the Defiant - everything about the design is made to visualy hide the ship's capabilities - but it shows that not all Starfleet designs have shuttlebays visibily obvious on the hull.

So while I fully support the notion of Shuttlebays being made obvious on as many ships as possible (including Klingon vessles - yes Klingon ships have shuttlebays too) it isn't a necessity of canon or realism for them to be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 817
12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Something I'd like to add about the Excelsior-class:

The secondary hull did not have windows on its bow: [Image]
Aside from being canon, I do believe it would look better / more elegant, too.

Note that the "Enterprise-B" Refit-variant did indeed have windows there, so that part is correct: [Image]

Bottom line: no windows on the normal Excelsior's secondary hull bow plx.

Misc: I also noticed that the windows on the aft section of the secondary hull are not in a proper line with the windows on the main section of the secondary hull. It looks like the deck "jumps" a meter or two in height. No big deal, but if the windows get touched again due to the bow thingie this may as well get fixed, too.

The deflector dish also has a different look, but personally I could let that one slide because it might be an "upgrade" to the old type. It would still be cool if this gets touched again as well, however.
Lt. Commander
# 818
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Something I'd like to add about the Excelsior-class:

The secondary hull did not have windows on its bow: [Image]
Aside from being canon, I do believe it would look better / more elegant, too.

Note that the "Enterprise-B" Refit-variant did indeed have windows there, so that part is correct: [Image]

Bottom line: no windows on the normal Excelsior's secondary hull bow plx.

Misc: I also noticed that the windows on the aft section of the secondary hull are not in a proper line with the windows on the main section of the secondary hull. It looks like the deck "jumps" a meter or two in height. No big deal, but if the windows get touched again due to the bow thingie this may as well get fixed, too.
Added to the front page.
Lt. Commander
# 819
12-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Added to the front page.
Wow, you're quick.
Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.
Lt. Commander
# 820
12-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Wow, you're quick.
Thanks for keeping this thread up to date.
Thanks for including pictures. :3
Closed Thread