Lt. Commander
# 951
03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zev92 View Post
Can the pods be added on the negvar.
I agree they are missing, but we've seen versions of that ship with and without them.
Over in the Klingon Gameplay forums we've been discussing the posibility of adding the version with the pods as a seperate ship, like the regular Galaxy and the Dreadnought Galaxy are seperate ships.
Either way those pods should be in the game, either on the existing Negh'var Battlecruiser or on a Neghvar Battleship version.
Lt. Commander
# 952
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiea
Sorry for the Delay Angel heirs the Pics showing whats needs to be added on the sovereign so you can add to the list on what needs added or fixing for the sovereign.
Ventral View showing whats Missing
Dorsal View showing whats missing
Dorsal Schematic
Ventral Schematic Recently added the extra windows to fit the Nemesis Version of the Sovereign.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcW
As far as I can tell, no-one has pointed out the following missing details on the Galaxy:
  • When the centre impulse engine was moved down to its correct position, the raised section on the neck wasn't extended accordingly, leaving a gap above the engine.
  • There should be red stripes running the length of the spine on the dorsal engineering section.

See these images for illustrations:
http://i.imgur.com/CHMWh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gDEzn.jpg
Added, but used a canonical shot instead of a fan rendering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
A few more pet peeves on the Excelsior.

- Missing blue/customizable color stripe on the secondary hull
- Ventral cargo bay area should be illuminated with bright blue light.
- Windows need to be "smaller" and the secondary hull needs more rows of windows.

http://alexraptor.com/images/excelsiorFlaws1.jpg
Great detail on the image, thanks Alex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWallis View Post
Ok done a little research and came up with a little fix that would give the Galaxy class dish a little more authentic look.

Step one: Use the same material/texture thats scattered around fed ships and used for the phaser strips
: http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Example1.jpg

Step 2: Add to main dflector overbite/rim :http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Example2.jpg

Step 3: Add burnt orange look just like the original 6ft model :http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMG_2026.jpg

And there you go. I think it would make the dflector stand out better than it currently does at the moment, instead of a plain texture. please CapnLogan...add this.
Added the model pic to the section detailing the issue with the deflector. I won't presume to tell our good Capn how to do his job, just that he needs to get on the ball. (Besides, you don't want to use the ribbed texture, you want a ridged UV texture that simulates a texture so that he does not have to model every little ridge. I do believe, however, that he should definitely make the area with the deflector more concave. Many of the ships deserve some concave deflectors.
Lt. Commander
# 953
03-03-2011, 09:56 AM
still reminding you about the defiant.
thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 954
03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
- Ventral cargo bay area should be illuminated with bright blue light.
http://alexraptor.com/images/excelsiorFlaws1.jpg
Quite correct, but as a practical matter, I can't help but wonder how bad it would be - due to the perspective used in this game - to have to stare into that light all the time when flying an Excel. Things the model designers in the movies didn't have to think about...
Lt. Commander
# 955
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Quite correct, but as a practical matter, I can't help but wonder how bad it would be - due to the perspective used in this game - to have to stare into that light all the time when flying an Excel. Things the model designers in the movies didn't have to think about...
Can't see how it would be any worse than nacelle glows.
Lt. Commander
# 956
03-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Point taken.
Lt. Commander
# 957
03-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Speaking of 'glow'...

...can we add the 'vapour trails' and glowing blobs on impulse engines to the list of 'errors', since we've never ever seen any ship in Star Trek with them?

Sure, keep them for the 'warp out' effect, since that looks cool ( la 'The Voyage Home' and the like). But it's just really odd to see starships with daft-looking 'streamers' behind them.

At least give us the option to turn the wretched things OFF. It's not like everyone playing this game is so dense that they need a 'TRON'-style light trail to gauge whether or not a ship is moving...
Lt. Commander
# 958
03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Speaking of 'glow'...

...can we add the 'vapour trails' and glowing blobs on impulse engines to the list of 'errors', since we've never ever seen any ship in Star Trek with them?

Sure, keep them for the 'warp out' effect, since that looks cool ( la 'The Voyage Home' and the like). But it's just really odd to see starships with daft-looking 'streamers' behind them.

At least give us the option to turn the wretched things OFF. It's not like everyone playing this game is so dense that they need a 'TRON'-style light trail to gauge whether or not a ship is moving...
Not really a ship error, but something I've asked several times in the "ask cryptic" threads but never gets answered. It seems that questions favourable to that are "What did you have for breakfast?" and "How smooth was your last BM?"
Lt. Commander
# 959
03-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Not really a ship error, but something I've asked several times in the "ask cryptic" threads but never gets answered. It seems that questions favourable to that are "What did you have for breakfast?" and "How smooth was your last BM?"
Tell me about it!

It's like the issue of rank, which seems to get glossed over all the time. It'd be so nice to be able to enjoy the game as a Captain la Picard/Sisko/Kirk without the looming 'threat' of a forced promotion to Admiral (complete with irritatingly inaccurate 'Hello, Rear Admiral Lower Half ______!' NPC dialogue!)...
Lt. Commander
# 960
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
How about the enterprise from the 2009 movie? she was sleek; i could see that in the c-store or ship req
Closed Thread