Lt. Commander
# 11
06-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Barge of the Dead, en route to Gre'thor
MMm no its a pirate ship, didnt you hear STO is getting a new expansion in the comin months and its going to be space pirate ships...

JUST BUGGIn
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Barge of the Dead, eh?

(runs off to voy.trekcore.com to cross-reference screenshot with episode screencaps - sets phasers to 'nitpick'...

Hmm - it's cool, and pretty close, although it's a bit, well, erm... big, for starters, and there are a few things here and there... Nothing deal-breaking individually, but add them all together and they detract from the overall effort, somewhat.

Lots of great stuff here, for comparison:

Cutaway view - 'Star Trek Fact Files'
Episode Page - Memory Alpha
BotD Details - Memory Alpha
Episode Screencaps - Memory Alpha
Episode Screencaps - TrekCore.com

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything - I think this is really cool, and I can't wait to try the new missions! I just think that if STO's going to include stuff from the shows like this, it might as well look as close to 100% accurate as possible.

(and yes, having a screen-accurate Kortar would be ace! )

On a related note, since there's been quite a concerted effort on the part of the Devs (MattHighison and CapnLogan in particular) to rework certain elements of the game to be more screen-accurate, I'm wondering; have Cryptic thought about contacting the likes of Doug Drexler, Rick Sternbach et al for advice and reference material? I reckon it'd make life a lot easier for the graphics artists, and considering that Drex and co. already post a lot of that sort of stuff on their sites, I doubt they'd have a massive problem about e-mailing Cryptic files of ship orthos, set photos/plans, etc. Plus, they seem like a bunch of really nice, passionate people, and have done favours for people before (the New Voyages team, for one), so I'm pretty sure it's not beyond the realm ofpossibility.
Lt. Commander
# 13 haha
06-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I just watched that episode last night what are the odds...I assume we will need to die lots to go here?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-19-2010, 03:36 AM
My first reaction:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Well, well, a little hint of some Klingon content perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-19-2010, 10:18 AM
That would make an awesome PvP place. Dead Klingons fighting it out on their way to Grethor, lol.

But for real, I do wonder where this will actually be Incorporated.
Lt. Commander
So CSR sneak over an Ninja us a few?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-19-2010, 04:48 PM
That looks really good
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-20-2010, 04:37 AM
What's it going to be incorporated into? PvP? Klingon PvE? Federation PvE? FvF? KvK? (Any other combinations I could do? :p)
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Barge of the Dead, eh?

(runs off to voy.trekcore.com to cross-reference screenshot with episode screencaps - sets phasers to 'nitpick'...

Hmm - it's cool, and pretty close, although it's a bit, well, erm... big, for starters
Everything in the game is bigger than it should be. I sometimes wonder if everyone at Cryptic are Hobbits and making the game experience like their world experience. :3