Lt. Commander
Today, Starting at 2:20pm PDT (21:20 UTC) we will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system. During this time you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts. Players will also be unable to login to the game. Players already in the game should not be affected, though C-Store purchases may be unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

The Maintenance is complete
Lt. Commander
How long til server is back up< ETA please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes we need an ETA i have two Fleets to manage and Events to be at. Time is money. When can I login.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdesh
How long til server is back up< ETA please.
Yeah, I'd also like to know an estimated time for when I can log in.

(Oh, and hopefully you guys can give us more of a heads up, next time. If it was scheduled, you could have at least let us know sooner than 7 minutes before you started it. I guess I'll go watch Alice in Wonderland while I wait.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Frustrating. I logged into Champions Demo right before this was posted and started creating a character to mess about with, got disconnected during creation, and couldn't log back in from inside the client, so I figured "Eh, I'll just play some STO if Champions isn't working"... and then I see this message on the login screen.

Sadness.

Champions -might- be kind cool, or whatever... but if I never manage to catch it during it's uptime, I'll never find out. (First time, scheduled downtime, second time connection crapped on my end, this time; login server down.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I doubt east coast players will be playing tonite. Luckily, they are not the core players anyways, so it will be fine. Get it up by evening for the west coast unless you want the majority of your valued costomers angry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus154 View Post
I doubt east coast players will be playing tonite. Luckily, they are not the core players anyways, so it will be fine. Get it up by evening for the west coast unless you want the majority of your valued costomers angry.
I don't know what kind of crack you're smoking, but I know quite a lot of people (myself included) on the east coast who play STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus154 View Post
They still have time to get it back up by evening for the East Coast (I'm Central time zone) players. It's only 6pm EDT right now; I'm hoping Cryptic isn't planning on keeping their account servers down for the next 6+ hours.

(Also, can we see any announcements about maintenance, scheduled or not, made by someone who shows up on the Dev Tracker, please? Also, I know Stormy took Q's Dev tag (so Q doesn't show up on the Tracker anymore); any news on when Q will snap his fingers to get his back? )
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Ah, to hell with it, I'll just bring my work to the next STO convention later this year when it fits in with my work schedule...Bah! Worthless talking to people on a forum who cannot understand.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric_Kell
In the middle of the day? Did someone drop the soap, or what?

Will we ever see retroactive refunds for all this downtime since the game launched? In otherwords, I want every hour of downtime I've been subjected to since Head-Start to be accounted for (and that's a lot of hours and days that DO count to my annual sub I pre-ordered into, BTW!), and refunded back to my account so if I have a week or so worth of downtime days, I want that reflected for the next billing cycle next year. End of the story.

Now, another thing: You've given a Borg option to players for Lifetime Subs, which is ok, but Alien is better to get that Effecient trait, then you combine with Warp Theory and Techie for maximum effect, then for your 4th, take a nice big ground trait like Resiliency which is essential if you can't run with BOFF's in STF runs with idiot PUG that do not have enough neurons to form a synapse with...It's nice we have the options of using a Joined Trill, since that provides a more well-rounded bonus than an Alien with Effecient/Warp/Tech/Resilient does...But both are pretty even, for the most part. My Alien is actually a half-human, half-joined trill, I routinely get compliments for both of my characters on Sol Station and elsewhere for my ability to make someone that looks "real", overweight a bit, but that seems to be a slight 'evolutionary' shift for most of our species on this mudball these days, it's not something I mind having in my game.

The thing with people abusing female BOFF to have Triple-D's with big hips and skinny everything else, well, if I were in combat as a female that 'enhanced', I'd have some balance problems, I'd be tripping all over my own body, I'd be unable to take more than one hit before I was out of a fight, and what happens if someone punctures the T&A in a knockdown? It could prove fatal if they ARE the Betazoid medical/ops repair person

I think proportion is probably the most essential thing when making characters, fictional or not, or works of digital art modeled after myself (more or less, I just don't have spots, but my Captains on the listing through the database are pretty accurate otherwise, the main captain has a pretty nasty scar from a training mis-hap between his half-siblings (his human mother is a tactical genius that lives on her own in the highlands of Scotland, her family has kept their original MACO training going for all this time, so all of her children have MACO training, and it's been updated over time to include more and more alien combat methods as well as refinements to human-created combat solutions, and we're not talking about melee and physical combat, MACO also does a lot of work on ranged combat, which is Alaric's forte if he can hold the enemy back enough, between him and his half-siblings and a few friends, he has enough ability to hold enemies in their places, but the Jem'Hadar just don't seem to understand that rushing a well-prepared and over-equipped assault team with their kar'tarkin (sp) just won't work, we'll rifle-butt them or melee strike them, then we'll slam them with pulse rifles, blast assaults, and full-auto assaults, then vaporize the lot of them when we re-position for my tactical officer and myself to run Split-Beam rifles, although I'm debating if running an auto-target on myself instead would be better, gives me one more target than the rifle, and though the damage output is supposedly reduced (I know ground will become a focus for Season 2, would be one of my guesses at this time, because Ground is way imbalanced now, you can have four commander-ranked officers with yourself, and if skills are properly lined up, and no, I never run dupes because it's never worth it, and dupes can replace existing effects you were already benefiting from...)...

Anyway, I really wish there would have been more warning about this sudden crash of your account server, and DO NOT attempt to argue with me, that you just have some 'maintenance' to do, that is bunk, regular work never takes place at the high time of the day for the company that makes it and runs it from about 450 miles away from where I live. I have run servers at executive-level mega-corps for years before I decided getting out of network admin was just best for me, the stress was getting to be too high, other departments were trying to end-run IT out of their budgets over and over, and it was just best to take up my own business that doesn't rely on PC's and is very well-off despite the economic situation that people appear to be in...

When you start running your first PC in 1987 at the age of 5, no memory, no video cards, no bloody storage but 5 and 1-quarter floppies, and your NES is superior to it, and you continue to learn vital programming and all sorts of other things since gaming sucks on a PC like that, and yeah, I know there are plenty of others around here who know what I'm talking about, given the general STO player age group being my age...I grew up in Redmond, across the street from first Pretendo's HQ there, and Squaresoft's HQ nestled right next to them, at that time, then about 2 years later, we decided we wanted better housing, so we moved into a better apartment right across the street from Micro$ith HQ and so yeah, I've been doing PC's non-stop my entire life, everything except creating 3D models and textures, my thumb isn't steady enough for that type of thing, but I do everything else...

I know when you people have legit downtime, and when someone dropped the soap and forgot to pucker up first before trying to get it. You guys never had downtime before at 2PM PST, and this is not just another day in the life of STO boredom and depressingly bad public relations. I demand that ALL players have their downtime periods (I mean the ones that were not properly scheduled here! I don't care about downtime for patches and things of that type, I mean the crashes and other total screwups made by server closet monkeys who grabbed the wrong branch and fell down, and their fall caused the servers to go with them) refunded back to their accounts so that those relying on non-yearly billing will be repaid.

I would also like to make a tiny request: You've given lifetimers access to a special social zone where even enemies can join together. Sol Station is a hub for idiots to keep asking Sulu jokes and provoking political, religious, and racial wars, especially from like 8PM PST until at least 3AM PST, where people throw out the most insulting crap I've heard since EMO on youtube was famous...Sol Station is no place to shove annual subs into, unless you can turn Club 24 or whatever it's called, into an ACTUAL hub for annual subs...

There needs to be a social hub for people who just didn't have the faith to sign up so early for STO accounts, I missed mine by one month because I was in a war between STO here (which I do love a great deal, though I have a 23MB~ PDF file right now outlining bugs since open beta went live that I've kept updated as an organized journal, suggesting fixes from both a programming and network admin standpoint, I have designed a few space combat simulators, well, reverse-engineered them because I have not yet had the nerve to argue with Lucasfilm and Lucasarts over marketing my games under the Star Wars label, these are PC-only simulators, not arcade shooters, this game is somewhat of a cross between Bridge Commander and Trek Legacy, but I'd prefer more simulator, less arcade shooter...I have many ideas of how to make this practical, without expending too much time and money on it, without drastically changing the game itself beyond a few elements that experienced players will get the most benefit from, but even fresh players get the same benefits, they just need to learn how to do it like us "old farts" do, here I am, 28 years by physical standards, and people routinely call me such rot as being old and so on, I don't care, mentally, I am older than they are, than most people are, I have a tested 98%~ memory retention and recall, with limited empathic abilities, too bad they won't work over long distances or through non-biologicals like internet lines, heh...)...

I want a way for my annual pre-order to count for something, I missed getting Career Officer and so on by one little month because I had doubts about both STO and The Old Republic...I used to hate MMO gaming as a rule of thumb, STO has changed my mind a lot, but I see the holes in the system, I see ways to fix it without re-designing the game, spending money and time, but so few tend to hear my ideas about these critical things...To whom shall I submit a properly formatted PDF file to that lists issues since Open Beta that still have yet to be resolved, and I have actively updated each bug/topic in this PDF as I test the issues, sometimes daily or less than daily if needed, they will be of great help if someone will at least read it, they will find practical solutions to problems that they seem to be saying are impossible for them to sort out without "redesigning the game"...It's like saying Vulcans do not lie. Syranites may not, but every other Vulcan does in some way, lies by ignorance and omission are still lies. Lies born of good intentions but doing nothing, are still lies. You do get the idea, I trust?

Please, all I ask is that everyone be compensated for these outages just like you'd expect a cable company to refund you if your cable box blows out or something. Also, find a way to give annual and/or veteran players, a social hub other than Captain's Table for lifetime pre-orders, lifetime pre-ordering was a blasted lie and having that thing just sitting off Sol Station is ugly every time I am in the area...Why not REMOVE the sound effect it creates which is bloody loud and annoying, and/or replace that stupid black hole effect with something more practical, like, I don't know, an actual space station, or at the least, a Transwarp Conduit entry? Just get rid of that loud squeal from Sol Station space, it's really annoying to those of us who have slight hearing issues...
Crit x 2 with flame and cold damage, instant death, no revive, perm death penatly. WOW thats a really huge pwned wall reply