Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
Its like the welfare system why work for something when you can take the easy way out.
If it werent for the fact that the welfare system is a free service, while you have to PAY for the items in the C-store, that analogy might make sense. However, for the reason just stated, it doesnt. Sorry, please try again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If it werent for the fact that the welfare system is a free service, while you have to PAY for the items in the C-store, that analogy might make sense. However, for the reason just stated, it doesnt. Sorry, please try again.
The PAY you're talking about would be nowhere near the amount of work it took to get the 5 referals as previously demonstrated by the exclusives in the cstore. The reason I used the welfare analogy is because there are too many people that would rather sit on their butts and do nothing to get something instead of working for it. So your assumption is incorrect please try again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Hate to tell you, but who do you think pays for the welfare system?

People who work, the money is taken out of your pay as taxes.

Keep The Galaxy X referal exclusive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Something to consider.


When the RAF program became known there was a outpouring of complaints and many people thought this should be available on the c-store instead.

In effect the issue with the Gal X being desired for the c-store is actually an old issue that preceeds this latest c-store update. I for one think the Gal X should have been on the c-store to be honest. Some people had already invited their friends to play. The Gal X was a carrot and stick approach and now it should be on the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-19-2010, 07:39 AM
There are plenty of other ships to add so why even contemplate this. If its added to the C-store then there is no point in a referral system at all because honestly what is the point? People will still tell there friends about the game but it wont be worth the struggle to persuade them to buy the game AND subscribe when you can just buy it with no hassel. No if you dont have enough friends who'll play then just live with it rather than spoil the hard work of others.

I don't have the Galaxy X but I know a couple of people who do and after the effort they put in to get it they would be really upset if it was suddenly made avaliable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-19-2010, 07:40 AM
If they put it in cstore that would destroy any future raf programs because then we all would know that down the road we could get with alot less effort than talking to people about the game and getting them to sub and buy it. Plus there doesn't seem to be a time limit on it so peopel apparently will always be able to recruit it sounds more like I want it now attitiude than anything else
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
The PAY you're talking about would be nowhere near the amount of work it took to get the 5 referals as previously demonstrated by the exclusives in the cstore. The reason I used the welfare analogy is because there are too many people that would rather sit on their butts and do nothing to get something instead of working for it. So your assumption is incorrect please try again.
The flaw in your argument is that the amount of "work" varies from person to person. One person who might be able to get the first 5 people they invite to try the game, and hardly put any "work" into it. Another person might not be able to get ANY of their friends to try it, and put 10 times as much time into looking for people to recruit as the first person mentioned did. On the other hand, the C-store requires the exact same cost of everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
The reason I used the welfare analogy is because there are too many people that would rather sit on their butts and do nothing to get something instead of working for it.
And as already stated, comparing a system where you get something for free to a system where you have to pay to get something makes no sense. Speaking of "sitting on your but", the fact that you can email out referral codes means that your still "sitting on your butt" even when you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
So your assumption is incorrect please try again.
As it turns out, it was spot on. Thanks for playing though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The flaw in your argument is that the amount of "work" varies from person to person. One person who might be able to get the first 5 people they invite to try the game, and hardly put any "work" into it. Another person might not be able to get ANY of their friends to try it, and put 10 times as much time into looking for people to recruit as the first person mentioned did. On the other hand, the C-store requires the exact same cost of everyone.



And as already stated, comparing a system where you get something for free to a system where you have to pay to get something makes no sense. Speaking of "sitting on your but", the fact that you can email out referral codes means that your still "sitting on your butt" even when you do that.



As it turns out, it was spot on. Thanks for playing though
I agree the work varies but if its supposed to be exact same cost to everyone they shouldn't have had it in the referal in the first place.

If you can't undersatnd how the welfare system works yuo should look it up before you "think" you're right.
Thinking you're spot on is ok if thats what makes you feel better here have a cookie.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
If you can't undersatnd how the welfare system works yuo should look it up before you "think" you're right.
Since your the one comparing the welfare system to a product you pay for, then it seems you are the one who needs to look it up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
In a previous poll the vast majority of voters said the Galaxy-X should not remain exclusive to the referral program and should be made available though some others means. As a follow up question:

Should the Galaxy-X be added to the C-store?

After you vote, feel free to share your thoughts
If you want to put it in the C-Store, take the cloak off of it. As long as it has a cloak it needs to stay exclusive.....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.