Lt. Commander
# 1 A few suggestions?
06-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Hello there all.

When I started STO, it was with a few friends that I used to play with in SWG, but most of them have since gone inactive. Currently there are about 2 or 3 of us left. Anyway, our fleet is dead and having served my days in leadership I'm not really blessed with the time and energy that it takes to run a good guild anymore.

My question is:

Could a few of you fleet leaders or members recommend to me some suggestions for fleets to join?

What I'm looking for:

1.) Light RP - I enjoy role playing but not so much in the crafting large story arcs vein. I prefer to rp missions, task forces, things that are happening to the characters right now. I can do some "bar" rp but it's not really my preferred venue.

2.) Active - I'm looking for a fleet that has a good few members that like to do things together on a regular basis. My fleet is a ghost town right now and this game kind of has some social problems as it is. I'd like to log in and feel like I'm part of something like I have in guilds in previous games.

3.) Helpful - I like to give help and be helped, I'm looking for a fleet that supports those ideas.

4.) Casual and Friendly - I'm not really looking for a fleet with a hardcore raiding mindset, but that approaches new content with a casual attitude centered more on fun and less on reward (not that rewards are bad :p) Also the fleet as a whole is populated with friendly people who don't necessarily beat each other over the head with their IQs or epeens.

Thanks for reading this and I hope I'm not putting this in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance,
Kat
Lt. Commander
Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great and growing fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some case RL. We have a fleet Ventrilo server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA) but we do have members scattered across the globe.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you or anyone else wants additional information on the [VKF] donít hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-19-2010, 08:25 AM
What you are describing sounds exaclty like Aurora Fleet. We are a light rp fleet, and we team up for everything!

Aurora Fleet was one of the first fleets in Star Trek Online. Hundreds of days later, we are still one of the largest, and most active fleets in the game. While some fleets have come and gone, we remain.

Why are we successful when so many others have failed? Its simple really. We make STO fun. The primary goal of Aurora is to enrich every facet of the STO experience.

Here are just a few of the perks to being a member of Aurora Fleet:

- Fleet Ventrillo server for those that wish to use it

- Friendly, mature players

- Lots of planned events for players of every rank and playing style

- PVE, PVP, and STF teaming

- Klingon faction

- Excellent leadership

- Active forums

- Role playing events for those that wish to participate

- Fleet banking and crafting

- A vast wealth of knowledge of the game

- A painless recruiting process

If this sounds right to you, come to Aurora!! Beam up at www.aurorafleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Hello Katt,
THe High Guard Fleet is in almost the same situation as yours. We have enough members to keep going and recruitment seems to be difficult at times. I've been searching out smaller fleets that have had the same loss as our two fleets and trying to bring us all together into one fleet. We'd be honored if you and youd friends would check us out. I believe we have the makings of a really good fleet. We are light into RP. We help each other out when needed. We just don;t have the numbers to be able to plan events and things like that but I hope we will be able to change all that. You can drop by http://highguard.guildlaunch.com or email me direct here on the STO site. I hope to hear from you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Hello Katarnus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarnus
1.) Light RP - I enjoy role playing but not so much in the crafting large story arcs vein. I prefer to rp missions, task forces, things that are happening to the characters right now. I can do some "bar" rp but it's not really my preferred venue.
I haven't tried RP in STO as yet, although I know of others who have. In the {UFP} we encourage 5 man groups to team up (are assigned logos and designations to identify them), with the idea that they have similar play style interests and times. Since we've long supported role-play (with our own dedicated division to an Elite Force RP mod, and forum RP), and we try and breed a canon atmosphere where possible, I don't think you'll find it hard to find like minded players.

Quote:
2.) Active - I'm looking for a fleet that has a good few members that like to do things together on a regular basis. My fleet is a ghost town right now and this game kind of has some social problems as it is. I'd like to log in and feel like I'm part of something like I have in guilds in previous games.
Aside from the 5 man teams I mentioned before, we have regular "Fleet Days" where large groups of the fleet can either team up for fleet actions, or split off into smaller groups after our initial meet up, and perform a variety of tasks.
We have a TeamSpeak 3 server which we actively encourage our members to use, and of course we make use of the in game fleet chat system. With over 100 active members (by last roll call count) you shouldn't have too many problems finding people to group up with.

Quote:
3.) Helpful - I like to give help and be helped, I'm looking for a fleet that supports those ideas.
There are a great many people in the {UFP} who you'd find to be helpful and would be equally grateful for assistance. We're a give and take fleet, which is shown in our policies on medal earnings and promotion criteria... and our very visual campaign on the need for mutual respect (Give Respect Get Respect).

Quote:
4.) Casual and Friendly - I'm not really looking for a fleet with a hardcore raiding mindset, but that approaches new content with a casual attitude centered more on fun and less on reward (not that rewards are bad :p) Also the fleet as a whole is populated with friendly people who don't necessarily beat each other over the head with their IQs or epeens.
The {UFP} is a little over 8 years old, and I've learned in that time that a fleet is strongest when its members get to shape parts of it around themselves. If there is a desire to play a certain game or a certain play style, we provide the ability and support for it to be created as such. This has created a diverse community, one where both hardcore and casual players can find what they're looking for.
There are no requirements as far as gaming is concerned. We only ask that people follow our code of conduct (which is all pretty basic, common sense and decency stuff), and that a monthly roll call is signed so we know you're still about. Beyond that, it's totally up to you.

Quote:
Thanks for reading this and I hope I'm not putting this in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance,
Kat
Good luck in your hunt.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Hi Katarnus,

The 12th Fleet is exactly what you're looking for!

The link above gives a lot of information already, but to sum it up;
  • We're casual friendly
  • We enjoy roleplaying a lot (currently mostly forum based but this will change in the near future)
  • We promote helping other people
  • We have roughly 200 members, spread 50/50 over the USA/ EU, but we also have some Asian and Australian members

Btw, we also welcome your friends if you decide to give us a try!
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Welcome to Aurora Katarnus! We are glad to have you aboard!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Good day,

I ask of you to take the time to consider joining the Fourth Fleet. The Fourth Fleet has been around long before STO closed beta. We offer Roleplaying (on select days which are optional), PvP, PvE, and crafting. The Fourth Fleet will almost always have several people on throughout the day.

Please visit this site if you are intrested in applying, or wanting to learn more about The Fourth Fleet.

http://forums.4th-fleet.com/

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Looks like I've found my home with Aurora Fleet.

A big thanks to everyone that responded!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Red Squadrons would seem to fit your criteria well, we do have a laugh (even if sometimes its over something silly ^^) we do support players wanting end game PvP and PvE and RP, and with 11 years of experience, I think we're a pretty bonded fleet

We are a military styled fleet, with the Red Squadrons Taskforce serving as our Federation Fleet and the Red Squadrons Battlefleet serving for our Klingon players! And if you want to play in both, your more than welcome (we do encourage it to develop PvP tactics .

We're pretty well known around the Trek gaming community and know a lot of cool fleets whom we have a laugh with pretty often!

Check us out on www.redsquadrons.net

Good Luck finding what your looking for!