Lt. Commander
Is it only me or maybe this doesn't mean so much to other players that in the heat of PvP battle you suddenly are attacked by a klingon battleship with full arsenal of phaser weaponry and vice versa.
Why is it possible that both factions has acces to the samme acces exchange database? Should there be any restrictions on each others weapon arsenal?
Cuase I understand that there is the looting thing but inn my opinion the game would be much more interessting and it will stick to the Star trek spirit legacy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yllbardh View Post
Is it only me or maybe this doesn't mean so much to other players that in the heat of PvP battle you suddenly are attacked by a klingon battleship with full arsenal of phaser weaponry and vice versa.
Why is it possible that both factions has acces to the samme acces exchange database? Should there be any restrictions on each others weapon arsenal?
Cuase I understand that there is the looting thing but inn my opinion the game would be much more interessting and it will stick to the Star trek spirit legacy.
The weapons are the same for both sides... but traditionalists like me stick with Disruptors on most of my Klingons
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-19-2010, 04:29 PM
If your a traditional klingon just stick with Disruptors and Photons.
If your a traditional fed then just stick with phasers, photons and quantums.

Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I see your point with this. Or find secret beam/torpedo/cannon weapons depending on the faction you play as with still keeping all the other weapons, and make these weapons based on the faction.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm aware of the same strength of the weapons but still that ability say f.x. disabling other weapon system or causing a slightly more damage to the hull etc. etc. is the unique trait if the faction. And here is the problem for me at least. Because this is way I admire the Klingon's for that "heavy damage" of warrior trading faction. Or the federation ability where as a last resort disabling their enemies to solve the problem "peacefully". I do NOt dismiss achieving your opponents armament which maybe is achieved during covert ops maybe. But in the way it is makes us all as ferengy making a kill for salvage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2010, 02:42 AM
its pretty rare to see klinks sporting phasers. Most people that arnt sporting advanced weapons stick with their factions traditional weapon to a surprising degree.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah; the cost of higher tier weapons -- skillpoint wise-- is prohibitive. I stick to Disruptors with my KDF chars and I tend to sport Phasers on my Starfleet chars. I've invested in Polarons on my Sci officer, but that's just cause they're pretty. :p

From a story perspective, the Exchange working both ways for both factions is strange. But I think this is where game-play needs to take the reins... can you imagine browsing the Exchange as a Klingon without all the Fed stuff there? It would be empty... it's hard enough trying to find appropriate officers on the Exchange, KDF side.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2010, 05:16 AM
I always stick to disruptors for my Klingon ships, the advanced weapons are just not worth the skill point cost.