Lt. Commander
# 131
04-17-2009, 06:04 PM
When is the game going to be released?
Lt. Commander
# 132 Reply to question:
04-18-2009, 08:57 AM
They have NOT set a time of release. it says so in the FAQs, so Please dont ask questions like that.
Lt. Commander
# 133
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I was wondering, does every player have to get thier own ship? Are you able to be one of the officers on a friends ship? like say, thier the captain and your thier science officer.
Lt. Commander
# 134 got an idea
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Make one or two servers that are more "hardcore" where you are locked to only minor customizations within the predetermined races! and allow the other servers to be more free. that way we dont loose the financial support of people who are not as serious about star trek lore, but create something for those of us who really want the cannon experience.

P.S. allow for people to participate on more than one server so we can experience both creation freedom and serious gameplay pending on our mood that day.
Lt. Commander
# 135
04-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Q: What races will I be able to play?
A: The plan is Human, Vulcan, Andorian, Klingon, Orion, Gorn, and several others. You will also be able to create your own race with its own custom look and attributes.
There must be some sort of major typo in this, because I can't seem to find the name "Romulan" anywhere in that list. Clearly this is just a simple mistake, as there is no way they would even consider releasing a Star Trek game where one was limited to just playing the Federation or Klingons. Oh perish the thought! That would just be too silly to believe! Ha ha ha! Good one! But seriously folks ... how detailed will the system be for using our cloaking devices and plasma cannons? Will there be roleplaying opportunities for those who join Praetorian Guard or the Tal-Shiar?

Please let us know when the devs get around to fixing out that simple typographical error lest you scare your potential playerbase into a panic, and fill us in on the details for our Warbird ship designs. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 136 help
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
dose any one know if this is going to be a free game or have free play in it if u know tell me
Lt. Commander
# 137
04-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NephilimNexus View Post
There must be some sort of major typo in this, because I can't seem to find the name "Romulan" anywhere in that list. Clearly this is just a simple mistake, as there is no way they would even consider releasing a Star Trek game where one was limited to just playing the Federation or Klingons. Oh perish the thought! That would just be too silly to believe! Ha ha ha! Good one! But seriously folks ... how detailed will the system be for using our cloaking devices and plasma cannons? Will there be roleplaying opportunities for those who join Praetorian Guard or the Tal-Shiar?

Please let us know when the devs get around to fixing out that simple typographical error lest you scare your potential playerbase into a panic, and fill us in on the details for our Warbird ship designs. Thanks!
I think their point is that the Romulans won't be available at release to reflect the utter disarray of the Romulan Empire following the events of ST:N.
Lt. Commander
# 138 DEV Blog
04-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Mr Z' Please This Topic Thread had Q's in reply to your Twitter Request for DEV Blog Topic's of interest.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=18292

The Prevailing Item of interest. .was surprisingly not ship Interiors !

It was a simple Map .. as other MMO Space Sims have..

and Turning off the Warp trail

Some ask for turn signals and hazard lights..

They may have meant Ships Navigation Lights. that could be used for fleet signals like Morse code?

Brain storming is fun So Ask Cryptic Segweys nicely into DEV Blog
Which you could use for Expanded Answers to Query's..a Graphic Supplemental or Addendum involving Maps and more ship exterior highlights.. Angels and 360 rotation..viewer? This could be similar to the Ships Library of Star Fleet Command.
--------------------------------
Longs de phase et prospèrent
Lt. Commander
# 139
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Will some races have developed or evoled for explame the Bynars from TNG S1 E14 Title 11001001.

The Bynars work in pairs and are computer experts now they were first introduced in Season 1 which was 2364 and the new game is set in 2409. Thats 45 years now if someone want to play them then they would have to be a pair or would you be developing the race. Now the reason why their are always two is how they communicate using binary code.
So using the data and studies that starfleet did on B4 AKA Data now and the remains of Lore would they have found a way for the Bynars to work serprate from each other and no longer need a pair.

The only reason I bring this up is because this culture use technology in a way that no other race in the federation does the only simiular race would be the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 140
04-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitgolem View Post
I think their point is that the Romulans won't be available at release to reflect the utter disarray of the Romulan Empire following the events of ST:N.
Sir, game interest has just gone offline!