Lt. Commander
# 1 battle cloak
06-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Carrier ships don't need cloaking but maybe the ships you control could have the option to cloak so when you send them out they would have a better chance at surprising the enemy . Now the Feds have a cloak on their best ship so what do we do now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2010, 05:32 PM
KiLLaH-K's Wall of Text crits you for 100,000 (500,000) Kinetic damage.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
KiLLaH-K's Wall of Text crits you for 100,000 (500,000) Kinetic damage.
You forgot the title's gravity well.......
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Welll, after being critted by the wall of text, and sucked in to the gravity well.. and noticing that this seems to be about how carriers don't have cloak...

I laugh at that.. Carriers don't need cloak. Giving them cloak would actually make them too powerful imo. And I fly a carrier regularly on my science officer. They are support ships. Their hull and innate science abilities make them used for mostly harrassment in the battle field, same with their ships. Their slow turn speed also makes them interesting combatants.

If you want cloak, go into a Battlecruiser, Raptor, or Bird of Prey. And lol once again at you thinking a carrier isn't fun. It can be very fun if you know how to play it. Next time try to avoid such a big glob of text.. Break it apart.. might make less people's eyes glaze over while trying to read it and may get your point across abit clearer.
Lt. Commander
# 5 HUMM lets think about this
06-27-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLaH-K
I had this idea that cloaking is so much fun but not all ships have battle cloak and the carrier doesn't have cloak at all. I thought why couldn't we all have battle cloak if the carrier just looks dumb trying to cloak then make their hanger ships have the option, so in a carrier some of your ships are cloaked and some arent throwing off your enemies and making the carrier fun again. Well anyways that would really mess up the feds and they would rebel so in turn they don't get cloak but lets think about what we use cloak for the advantage. Sneak attacks, hit and runs and escaping. Battle cloak really helps you escape and gives you just the amount of time you need to load back up or completely leave the fight. Feds can scramble your sensors and hide from you for a bit and they can use that ability to enhance evasive maneuvers but every time I see that I just cloak and run too because by the time I get them targeted again I could be killed. Now in order to give all Klingon ships battle cloak options the Feds need a similar balance and that could come in a few different ways but the main point would be to give them something that nullifies the fact we even have cloak. Removing the time it takes to use full impulse would. They would be trading out their weapons and shields for high speed but cloaking leaves you just as vulnerable. As an ability it would have the same time limits like cloak. It could even be added to the full impulse button when available it would be highlighted and when unavailable it could be plain. So now I can visualize hunting down a fed and right before the kill shot they skip off out of target and out of me chasing them with my speed buffs but they gotta come back if they want to win and they don't have cloak. At first pvp would last forever but strategy would come into play most of its already there.
You get sensor jammed what do you DOOOOOOOOOO pop a sci team that was easy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Welll, after being critted by the wall of text, and sucked in to the gravity well.. and noticing that this seems to be about how carriers don't have cloak...

I laugh at that.. Carriers don't need cloak. Giving them cloak would actually make them too powerful imo. And I fly a carrier regularly on my science officer. They are support ships. Their hull and innate science abilities make them used for mostly harrassment in the battle field, same with their ships. Their slow turn speed also makes them interesting combatants.

If you want cloak, go into a Battlecruiser, Raptor, or Bird of Prey. And lol once again at you thinking a carrier isn't fun. It can be very fun if you know how to play it. Next time try to avoid such a big glob of text.. Break it apart.. might make less people's eyes glaze over while trying to read it and may get your point across abit clearer.
I'd much rather my carrier match the description in the Qo'Nos database in the shipyard. I don't need a cloak, but I really want my carrier to be more of a... carrier, and less of a sci-battlewagon.

I mean, don't you get the impression that the devs had this type of discussion when it came time to lay out ideas for the Klingon ships:

- "Hmmm, we've got them all fleshed out... wait, Klingons don't have a Science-based ship!"
- "I know, we'll make the carrier a Sci vessel!"

Seriously, a carrier? Why on earth would the Klingons build a carrier for scientific purposes? The Nova, Olympic, Intrepid... these as Sci vessels make sense.

But a carrier is not for research, it's for projecting power to different areas of a map, sending strike teams of interceptors to snag someone out of full impulse, and bombers to crack it's hull, with fighters along to protect the bombers. Can't see that far away? Then we should have the equivalent of the E3 Hawkeye, to send back a radar picture of a given area. And the feds could find it, and kill it, or try to jam it's signal... and if they get in close, the carrier is lightly armed, but has a CAP flight of fighters for close support, augmented with a pinpoint area movable shield and an ADF battery to target incoming torpedoes.

That's a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Seriously, a carrier? Why on earth would the Klingons build a carrier for scientific purposes? The Nova, Olympic, Intrepid... these as Sci vessels make sense.
Think of it this way: Which Klingon ship is most likely to have highly powerful accurate sensors, and large amounts of processing power, as well as the capability to launch large amounts of probes and have the powerplant to run all this at the same time...
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgur
Think of it this way: Which Klingon ship is most likely to have highly powerful accurate sensors, and large amounts of processing power, as well as the capability to launch large amounts of probes and have the powerplant to run all this at the same time...
Uhhh... Negh'Var?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
You get sensor jammed what do you DOOOOOOOOOO pop a sci team that was easy.
yeah and at least you cant use engineer team, tact team so tacts can own you fast+ youll get snb if you used sci team. grat!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
I'd much rather my carrier match the description in the Qo'Nos database in the shipyard. I don't need a cloak, but I really want my carrier to be more of a... carrier, and less of a sci-battlewagon.

I mean, don't you get the impression that the devs had this type of discussion when it came time to lay out ideas for the Klingon ships:

- "Hmmm, we've got them all fleshed out... wait, Klingons don't have a Science-based ship!"
- "I know, we'll make the carrier a Sci vessel!"

But a carrier is not for research, it's for projecting power to different areas of a map, sending strike teams of interceptors to snag someone out of full impulse, and bombers to crack it's hull, with fighters along to protect the bombers. Can't see that far away? Then we should have the equivalent of the E3 Hawkeye, to send back a radar picture of a given area. And the feds could find it, and kill it, or try to jam it's signal... and if they get in close, the carrier is lightly armed, but has a CAP flight of fighters for close support, augmented with a pinpoint area movable shield and an ADF battery to target incoming torpedoes.

That's a carrier.
Wait. Feds has such a ship like BoP? Battlecloak, UNIVERSAL BRIDGE? ohh no they dont. i cry a river. BoP can used by all very effective.

Next coming the: "why klingons have not so many class of ships?" cause Klingons are Warriors. All their ships are great in battle. More than fed ships.