Lt. Commander
# 1 I Feel Cheated and Betrayed
06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
I know it's already been said by others, but I just want to add my voice to those complaining to Cryptic about selling pre-order exclusives in the C-Store only four months after launch. I feel cheated and betrayed, Cryptic. I bought several versions of the game based on your implicit encouragement of this practice so that I could have multiple pre-order items. The whole point of spending all that money was to have something unique, and the placing of these items in the C-Store robs them of their uniqueness.

Yes, I knew that some of these items would probably eventually find their way into the C-Store, but prior to launch you stated you had no intention of doing that any time soon, and you certainly implied that it would be a long time before you would consider that. I don't consider 4 months from launch to be a long time.

I know, it's my fault. I shouldn't have trusted you. I should have assumed that a greedy corporation would screw its customers out of money any way it could. So, yes, silly me. I was naive. But I won't trust you next time, be assured of that, and I will spread that word to everybody who will listen to me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Cryptic told us before launch that they might release pre-order items in the C-store in the future:

Q: Will the exclusives be offered as a microtransaction?
A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Cryptic told us before launch that they might release pre-order items in the C-store in the future:

A: Not at launch, but somewhere down the road we may offer to let people purchases these if they did not pre-order.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I said as much in my post. So my point remains, as does my feeling of being cheated and betrayed. Four months after launch is far from "somewhere down the road."
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

I don't recall reading the FAQ page as being a requirement to get a Pre-order Exclusive from a retailer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
I don't recall reading that FAQ page as being a requirement to get a Pre-order Exclusive from a retailer.
Not to mention that some of the offers predate the FAQ.

Cryptic knows some of us feel unhappy about this - there just aren't enough of us for them to care about it, and they made a boatload of money from everyone buying them in the C-Store, so it's all OK.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I feel no betrayal, it was fine with me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Honestly I don't get why so many people are all up in arms over a few pixels. You had these things from the start of the launch of the game, though admitedly it did take a while to get some of the items implimented properly. You've had 4 months of time with these things while others have only been able to look and say 'Man I wish I had that.' Its not like you have to pay to keep these things either so I really don't see what the big fuss is about.

For reference I have a Co lifetime, collectors edition and the borg BO myself so it's not like half of what I had didn't go up for sale either. I just think there are more important things in life to get ****ed off over than a few pixels offered as a bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
I don't recall reading the FAQ page as being a requirement to get a Pre-order Exclusive from a retailer.
Well, then your beef is with the retailer - since the actual developer of those things made it quite clear.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Honestly I don't get why so many people are all up in arms over a few pixels.
The pre-order exclusives are more than "a few pixels," but whatever their nature may be, the money I spent on them was very real and quite substantial. I wouldn't have spent that money if Cryptic had been honest at launch and told us they were planning on putting the pre-order exclusives in the C-Store a few months after launch for a fraction of the price.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I take it you're one of these people that bought more than one copy of the game just so you could have the bonuses? I considered doing the same and grabing a digital collectors copy so I could have all the uniforms the nx prefix etc. In the end I just decided there were better ways to spend my money than on a second copy of a game I already had just to get a few game items.
Closed Thread