Lt. Commander
# 1 Dry Dock
06-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Dry docks are in the game so how about they get put to use. Your ship takes damage and instead of beaming down to sol base or anything like that we pull into the dry dock and a cut scene appears as repair teams fix the ship. I think it would bring some good depth to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogmahone
Dry docks are in the game so how about they get put to use. Your ship takes damage and instead of beaming down to sol base or anything like that we pull into the dry dock and a cut scene appears as repair teams fix the ship. I think it would bring some good depth to the game.
that's a neat idea. I already use them when I launch a new ship. ( I takes screens, or I fraps it. )
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I posted something about drydock frames a few months or so ago. some said it was a good idea, but then ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
that's a neat idea. I already use them when I launch a new ship. ( I takes screens, or I fraps it. )
Its the little things that would really improve the game
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Y'know, even a single mission at any starbase/dry dock facility would be good. There's a few TNG episodes, like the one with the Bynars, and another one with Mercenaries on the ship while it's scanned with deadly radiation (can't remember the names, sorry) that take place at dry dock facilities. Just have Quinn call up one day and say "hey, your ship is scheduled for maintenance, take a break at such and such a planet" and let shenanigans ensue.

Heck, just make it a monthly thing - every month, you have to go to one of a set of systems, put your ship in dry dock, and beam to the station/planet nearby. Sometimes nothing happens, and you just explore the beam down point. Most of the time, however, you get caught up in some sort of shore leave hijinks, or a plot to steal your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Y'know, even a single mission at any starbase/dry dock facility would be good. There's a few TNG episodes, like the one with the Bynars, and another one with Mercenaries on the ship while it's scanned with deadly radiation (can't remember the names, sorry) that take place at dry dock facilities. Just have Quinn call up one day and say "hey, your ship is scheduled for maintenance, take a break at such and such a planet" and let shenanigans ensue.

Heck, just make it a monthly thing - every month, you have to go to one of a set of systems, put your ship in dry dock, and beam to the station/planet nearby. Sometimes nothing happens, and you just explore the beam down point. Most of the time, however, you get caught up in some sort of shore leave hijinks, or a plot to steal your ship.
Then there was that TNG episode with the Baryon sweep where those terrorists (one of them was Tim Russ aka Tuvok) tried to steal warp plasma or some such and Picard had to go all Rambo and defeat them after forgetting his saddle on the ship.... cuz you know, an experienced rider has his own saddle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I do the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
Then there was that TNG episode with the Baryon sweep where those terrorists (one of them was Tim Russ aka Tuvok) tried to steal warp plasma or some such and Picard had to go all Rambo and defeat them after forgetting his saddle on the ship.... cuz you know, an experienced rider has his own saddle.
Trilithium Resin
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2010, 01:11 AM
The idea is a good idea.
Being able to dock inside a starbase as in Star Trek 3 or 6 would be cool, too.

Signed if added to Klingons and Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Signed if added to just the federation (kidding...Klingon's too)