Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-07-2010, 01:04 AM
bump for genius.......
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So, you want bridge officers to serve on places other than your bridge?
Yes. I'd really prefer if my Chief Engineer were, you know, in Engineering. I'd rather find my CMO in Sickbay instead of fiddling with astronomy charts. Sure, my Conn officer can sit on the bridge, but does the Transporter Chief really need to be in my First Officer's chair?
Lt. Commander
# 13 Crew Ability Scores
12-07-2010, 03:03 AM
In the game Silent Hunter, you get to control the aspects of every single member of your crew, and so in turn the performance of your sub is affected by their scores:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111502

While we might not need that deep of a level of control in STO...something like it would be interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Personally, I'd just like it if:

You could customize your generic crew's uniform.

Redshirts (or the occasional blue shirt or gold shirt) were a mandatory part of every mission. (My preference is, instead of four away team, we get two named away team and a random redshirt wearing our crew uniform. This adjusts difficulty slightly but you could reduce enemy spawn sizes as well and with encounters being based around four people, a five man team would have an edge in ground combat, encouraging teaming.)

Accolades for helping redshirts (and notoriety based accolades for getting them killed in amusing ways).

The ability to recruit a redshirt we like into our crew as a bridge officer. (Ie. at the end of a mission, the BO turns into an NPC we can talk to and we can spend skillpoints to turn them into a BO.)

Side note: this would be helpful in designing missions. For example, the Deferi medical puzzle mission could send us over with a random nurse and the text could be adjusted to explain why our normal bridge crew doesn't come over. When we go over, we're supervising/working with a random nurse, which makes more sense than a Captain by himself, regardless of medical training.

So my vote overall is for MORE Ensign Rickys but better done ones.