Lt. Commander
Here's an idea:

I'd like to be able to play a neutral toon! Here are some features i'd like.

- "Salvaged ship". customize ship from scrapyard dealer. Let the ship be OP in one area and very lacking in all others!
Example: Put some huge guns on a freighter=High DPS, almost no mobility, strong hull, no shields.
Example: Put a mega deflector dish on it instead of a gun...
variations are unlimited... let us fly NPC ships! Ferengi ships.. Jeska...
- Can play with both feds and kdf
- No ranks. Trade/fight and equip to better yourself
- Be the underdog! Be Neelix
- Be denied to shop anywhere but at the exchange (and the ferengi ofc)
- Fight with the KDF and be a fed-outlaw for a day, or the other way around

This would be easy for Cryptic to add. All it needs is a ship-dealer/customizer. For the rest we could get access to fed and kdf gameplay. No new map/storyline/equipment....

Ofc i want the Romulan faction, but this one would be fun and quick/easy to make! And fit well into ST lore!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2010, 05:40 PM
+1 this one here would add something else to do in the STO universe
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2010, 12:24 AM
Wait... Why the hell would I or anyone want to be Neelix!?!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
Better than Tuvix:p
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
For the sideburns baby!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I would rather see this upgrade later in the game, after they add much cooler stuff than this...although...
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Undine me thinjks
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-22-2010, 06:01 AM
That would be an idea.

And i can think of three classes too, Trader, Mercenary and Pirate.
Pirates in particular would have the special ability to capture and take over any ship they come accross!
Lt. Commander
# 9 All good ideas Dassem_Ultor.
06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Here's another good idea to add to your OP.

As a Neutral player, we should be given the ability to send out distress signals when we are in distress, in doing so, all Federation players as well as Klingon players in the Sector Block would be notified of the distress signal and be given a mission that they can choose to ignore or accept.

If ignored, nothing happens, the Neutral player would have to attempt to fight their way out of what ever situation they're in or perish.

However, if the Federation player/s decide (as they should) to accept the mission and intercept the distressed Neutral player/s Starship, then the Neutral player/s will more than likely be assisted in time to survive and receive repairs.

If the Klingon player/s decide (as they should) to accept the mission and intercept the distressed Neutral player/s Starship, then the Neutral player/s will more than likely be assisted in time to survive, but instead of receiving repairs, the Klingon player/s would be given the option to raid the Neutral player/s Starship for all it's worth.

Now mix those three scenarios together in a free for all play area and you have a Neutral player or players trying to survive the situation they have found themselves in to start with, whether it be a systems malfunction, or they're running low on certain supplies leaving them stranded, or they're being attacked by enemy Ships.

The Federation Starship/s warping in to attempt to help the Neutral player or players while also fighting off the Klingon/s (not just in Space but also on the Neutral player/s Starship/s) who have also just warped in to seek Glorious Battle or simply to seek what they feel is rightfully theirs and raid the Neutral Player/s.

The end (Sounds like fun right)?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Overall this seems like a solid idea to me, on the simple basis of 'Not all humans are in starfleet!'

This actually could be expanded upon in terms of factions within factions (such as Vulcans and their own fleet, or Andorians, etc)